• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The GOP "Rigging" Has Begun

In-person voting, in booths with curtains, is the NORM.

This isn't a NORMal time. Or have you so easily forgotten the 172,000+ COVID American dead?

Trump only won Pennsylvania by 80,000 votes in 2016. It doesn't take much to rig this.

Just deactivate a few Post Office automatic sorting machines in Philadelphia. That's 20 Electoral votes.

Calamity and his liberal pals go shopping, but can't vote in person.

It's a States right to decide how it conducts the election, right? This President wants to take that right away and tell the State how it can and can't conduct it's electoral process.
You rightists are sure inconsistent on a lot of topics.

It's a States right to decide how it conducts the election, right? This President wants to take that right away and tell the State how it can and can't conduct it's electoral process.

Liberals will go shopping in a heartbeat, but can't vote in person.

Liberals will go shopping in a heartbeat, but can't vote in person.

So you counter my point about States Rights with, what, liberals shopping?
C'mon, put a little effort into it or don't bother. Do you agree that it's up to each State how it conducts it's election or is it up to the President to tell them how they will do it?

Liberals want to CHANGE THE NORM.

There is no reason why polling locations can't be held open for two weeks, to prevent overcrowding.

Trump has the responsibility to prevent liberals from overhauling our entire election system. We tried to be patient, it didn't work.

Way I understand it, it's each state's right to conduct it's election the way it decides to, is that right? Or is it up to the President to tell them how they will conduct their election?

There is no reason why polling locations can't be held open for two weeks, to prevent overcrowding.

Trump has the responsibility to prevent liberals from overhauling our entire election system. We tried to be patient, it didn't work.
That is such unmitigated crap I didn't feel the need to respond to it, but since it has been quoted, again, I felt maybe I should: Every single sentence is just wrong.

"In-person voting, in booths with curtains, is the NORM." - Maybe in 1954... That hasn't been the "norm", except in some hold-out jurisdictions for many MANY decades. In MOST jurisdictions there are temporary tables (at best) with privacy screens on the side. I know, because I used to work with the attorney that represented the Secretary of State in our State, and we talked about what "most States" consider necessary.

"Liberals want to CHANGE THE NORM." Well, Liberals want change, but the assertion that we're changing "the norm" is just beyond absurd, especially coming from someone who excuses Trump at every turn. There is nothing "normal" about Trump or his approach to anything, and that is something that you consistently laud. Talk about hypocrisy. Liberals are desperately trying to RESTORE the norms broken by Trump and his cabal of Trumplodyte sycophants.

"There is no reason why polling locations can't be held open for two weeks, to prevent overcrowding." Then why is it that Republicans are limiting access? Democratic leaders are not calling for shorter voting periods, limiting access, and destroying the voting "norms". Which side of the face is that coming from, because it sure ain't the honest one.

"Trump has the responsibility to prevent liberals from overhauling our entire election system. We tried to be patient, it didn't work." That is such unmitigated bull**** it doesn't deserve acknowledgment. I only commented out of a sense of completion. Do you practice your lies in the mirror so you can keep a straight face, or do you figure that it doesn't matter because you simply don't have any shame?

If anyone wants to know why States NEED to overhaul voting procedures, read this: Election Security in All 50 States (Center for American Progress). The level of election insecurity in the United States is appalling and worst in Republican jurisdictions - the same ones complaining about changes.

So you counter my point about States Rights with, what, liberals shopping?
C'mon, put a little effort into it or don't bother. Do you agree that it's up to each State how it conducts it's election or is it up to the President to tell them how they will do it?

Liberals are liars and hypocrites and always will be.

They will go out shopping in a heartbeat, but a polling station is too dangerous.

Full of crap.

Liberals are liars and hypocrites and always will be.

They will go out shopping in a heartbeat, but a polling station is too dangerous.

Full of crap.

Okayfine.
My mistake.

Is Canada transitioning to a total vote by mail system?

This isn't a NORMal time. Or have you so easily forgotten the 172,000+ COVID American dead?

Trump only won Pennsylvania by 80,000 votes in 2016. It doesn't take much to rig this.

Just deactivate a few Post Office automatic sorting machines in Philadelphia. That's 20 Electoral votes.

Fauci said it's ok to go vote.

If anyone wants to know why States NEED to overhaul voting procedures, read this: Election Security in All 50 States (Center for American Progress). The level of election insecurity in the United States is appalling and worst in Republican jurisdictions - the same ones complaining about changes.

And mail in ballots will be more secure? :lamo

And mail in ballots will be more secure? :lamo
Yes. Have you ever once engaged your brain in a discussion? Please, provide evidence.

Last edited:

People go out every day wearing masks and respecting social distancing.
How is going out vote any different from going to the store and avoiding standing close to people?
What is the big deal?
And if you want to vote by mail, then why is it difficult to request a mail-in ballot soon and send it in early?
What is the big deal? Are there that many slow, indifferent people to where they would wait till the last minute to mail in their ballots?

People go out every day wearing masks and respecting social distancing.
How is going out vote any different from going to the store and avoiding standing close to people?
What is the big deal?
And if you want to vote by mail, then why is it difficult to request a mail-in ballot soon and send it in early?
What is the big deal? Are there that many slow, indifferent people to where they would wait till the last minute to mail in their ballots?

If history is a guide, the slow indifferent people are Trump supporters (as evidenced in 2016).

The federal government doesn't oversee elections.
It's a state affair.

Good point. Let each state step up to the responsibility of getting voters to request mail-in ballots early and send them in early.
What is the big deal in doing that? Or is this thread simply one more opportunity for irrational Trump haters to vent their spleen over one more issue that plays into the election?

I think he has was Biden has. :shock:

There's no way that someone can believe mail in ballots are more secure. Posts making such claim must be made just to yank everyone's chain.

I guess you missed the part about this thread being about mail-in voting.

If people can leave their homes; go to the store; wear masks; stand in line for unemployment insurance; and socialize at a distance, then why can't they go out and vote?

Back
Top Bottom