• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The GOP "Rigging" Has Begun

Tell that to Mr and Mrs Trump, both of whom will be voting absentee. Or are some people more equal than others...especially, you know, the white ones?

Whether you're white, black, yellow, or red, you can request a mail-in ballot and send it in on time?
What is the big deal about that?
That's a dumb question. It's all about you finding another way to denigrate the president because that is all you are here to do.

There's no way that someone can believe mail in ballots are more secure. Posts making such claim must be made just to yank everyone's chain.

The USA will be counting ballots for weeks after Nov. 3rd and the democrats will running to the courts every day when it doesn't turn out in their favor in every state.

There is no overhauling. This system is backed by most states.

You're right , bomber.
The system is the system. Anyone can request a ballot; mail it in; or go out to a polling station and vote.
What is the problem with the system backed by most states?
What is it that people are accusing Trump of doing? There is no evidence of voter fraud although the absence of evidence does not mean systems won't be screwed up because of volume and people dragging their feet to get ballots counted.

Good point. Let each state step up to the responsibility of getting voters to request mail-in ballots early and send them in early.
What is the big deal in doing that? Or is this thread simply one more opportunity for irrational Trump haters to vent their spleen over one more issue that plays into the election?

Are you really not paying attention? Swing State Republican leaders, the RNC, and the Trump campaign are actively trying to prevent exactly that - all over the country. Trump campaign sues key Iowa counties over absentee mailings; Judge orders Trump campaign to produce evidence of voter fraud in Pennsylvania; An all-out war over mail voting has erupted in courts across the U.S. Here's what's at stake. Either grossly uninformed or dishonest. I can't decide. Can you elucidate?

If history is a guide, the slow indifferent people are Trump supporters (as evidenced in 2016).

You mean the 2016 when Trump won in MI, WI, and PA because stupid Hillary forgot to pay attention to those key states. She thought she had it in the bag? And blacks did not turn out for Hillary the way they did for Obama.
And far be it from me to even hint that part of the electorate was slow and indifferent.
I don't want BLM radicals coming on my lawn to call me racist.

You mean the 2016 when Trump won in MI, WI, and PA because stupid Hillary forgot to pay attention to those key states. She thought she had it in the bag? And blacks did not turn out for Hillary the way they did for Obama.
And far be it from me to even hint that part of the electorate was slow and indifferent.
I don't want BLM radicals coming on my lawn to call me racist.
Overwhelmingly, "last minute deciders" skewed to Trump. Comey was the main culprit. That's statistically demonstrable. The Comey Letter Probably Cost Clinton The Election (fivethirtyeight).
The Comey Letter Probably Cost Clinton The Election
So why won’t the media admit as much?
By Nate Silver

Filed under The Real Story Of 2016

Published May 3, 2017

This is the tenth article in a series that reviews news coverage of the 2016 general election, explores how Donald Trump won and why his chances were underrated by most of the American media.

Hillary Clinton would probably be president if FBI Director James Comey had not sent a letter to Congress on Oct. 28. The letter, which said the FBI had “learned of the existence of emails that appear to be pertinent to the investigation” into the private email server that Clinton used as secretary of state, upended the news cycle and soon halved Clinton’s lead in the polls, imperiling her position in the Electoral College.

The letter isn’t the only reason that Clinton lost. It does not excuse every decision the Clinton campaign made. Other factors may have played a larger role in her defeat, and it’s up to Democrats to examine those as they choose their strategy for 2018 and 2020.

But the effect of those factors — say, Clinton’s decision to give paid speeches to investment banks, or her messaging on pocket-book issues, or the role that her gender played in the campaign — is hard to measure. The impact of Comey’s letter is comparatively easy to quantify, by contrast. At a maximum, it might have shifted the race by 3 or 4 percentage points toward Donald Trump, swinging Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Florida to him, perhaps along with North Carolina and Arizona. At a minimum, its impact might have been only a percentage point or so. Still, because Clinton lost Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin by less than 1 point, the letter was probably enough to change the outcome of the Electoral College.

The USA will be counting ballots for weeks after Nov. 3rd and the democrats will running to the courts every day when it doesn't turn out in their favor in every state.

That's the whole objective.

Because, for the 100th time lol, TRUMP CANNOT SAFELY VOTE IN PERSON. ;)

He is not opposed to absentee ballots BTW. He has stated this.

potusVoting.jpg

Tell that to Mr and Mrs Trump, both of whom will be voting absentee.

Common left wing tactic is to blur the issue....much like they do on the issue of illegal immigration....when they claimed conservatives are against immigration soley because we are against illegal immigration. Now they are attempting to claim that absentee balloting and universal mail in voting are the same.

Or are some people more equal than others...especially, you know, the white ones?

That is race baiting....and it makes you appear to be racist.

Common left wing tactic is to blur the issue....much like they do on the issue of illegal immigration....when they claimed conservatives are against immigration soley because we are against illegal immigration. Now they are attempting to claim that absentee balloting and universal mail in voting are the same.

That is race baiting....and it makes you appear to be racist.

Post has nothing to do with what I wrote or the issue at hand. Fail less.

You're right , bomber.
The system is the system. Anyone can request a ballot; mail it in; or go out to a polling station and vote.
What is the problem with the system backed by most states?
What is it that people are accusing Trump of doing? There is no evidence of voter fraud although the absence of evidence does not mean systems won't be screwed up because of volume and people dragging their feet to get ballots counted.

****ing around with the UPS and suing states. We dont just make wild ass assumptions about a very long going system until there is evidence that it isnt working. Lack of evidence does not mean we can start making negative claims. The default hypothesis is i dont know, not lets make up **** to cast aspersions. Ive been spending plenty of days helping people request mail in ballots. It pisses me off to no end that der trumpengroper is trying to sabotage the post office.

Last edited:
If you all feel you must vote by mail then leave your ballot at your mailbox for your mail carrier. I have been informed by many on this forum that voter fraud doesn't exist, so you have nothing to worry about.

In-person voting, in booths with curtains, is the NORM.

Liberals want to CHANGE THE NORM.

There is no reason why polling locations can't be held open for two weeks, to prevent overcrowding.

Trump has the responsibility to prevent liberals from overhauling our entire election system. We tried to be patient, it didn't work.

I have been mail in voting for nearly 30 years. I know few people who do not vote by mail.

My son worked the polls for several years. You know who works the polling places? Young adults and old people. (potential vectors and victims - has a ring to it)

Our polling places seem to be slowish. No big lines.Other places in this country are not the same. They have closed or moved many polling places....making lines in many areas long and drawn out. Not a good covid situation. Neither is going out seeing the long line. Making their decision between their vote and exposure to a serious virus.

But we all know this is not about the mail in vote, it is about making sure many are discouraged from voting. Many people who might have to wait in these lines cannot afford to stand in lines for hours...

If people can leave their homes; go to the store; wear masks; stand in line for unemployment insurance; and socialize at a distance, then why can't they go out and vote?

Why not provide more means of voting? You dont know **** about the condition of every single voter. Please stop pretending you do.

Orange Man BAD! XD

I am sorry you characterize him like that.

Now, let us get back to the issue at hand. Limiting the ability to vote in an election year by the person up for election and in charge.

Mail in voting is quite helpful. I have been doing it for about 30 years. I have peace of mind if I am working or sick or caring for a family member.

Not so sure what folks are afraid of/

Liberals are liars and hypocrites and always will be.

They will go out shopping in a heartbeat, but a polling station is too dangerous.

Full of crap.

Don't get friggin' personally insulting. You're replying to someone with 'liberal' in their lean and calling him a liar and a hypocrite. Unlike the right whinge snowflakes here I never report posts but I don't mind making enough of a commotion here to attract attention.
The question, again, is do you think States have the right to conduct their election the way they see fit or does the President tell them how they will do it? Do you actually have anything to contribute to a discussion of the topic or is juvenile schoolyard taunts the limit of your capability?

Is Canada transitioning to a total vote by mail system?

Did you read and understand the post You're replying to? It was a question about States Rights. Do states have the right to conduct their election how they see fit or does the President tell them how they will do it?

I am sorry you characterize him like that.

Now, let us get back to the issue at hand. Limiting the ability to vote in an election year by the person up for election and in charge.

Mail in voting is quite helpful. I have been doing it for about 30 years. I have peace of mind if I am working or sick or caring for a family member.

Not so sure what folks are afraid of/

You are not using mail in voting, you are using absentee voting. You have to REQUEST an absentee ballot!

It amazes me how uneducated liberals are!

Dead people will get ballots even though they did not request them with democrats plan to steal the election, so their relatives can use them! jeeezzz!

Last edited:
Did you read and understand the post You're replying to? It was a question about States Rights. Do states have the right to conduct their election how they see fit or does the President tell them how they will do it?

If mail voting is so awesome, Canada is switching next week. Right?

If mail voting is so awesome, Canada is switching next week. Right?
RURAL voters are pissed at the GOP for their sabotage of the USPS.

RURAL voters are pissed at the GOP for their sabotage of the USPS.

I'm a rural voter. I'm not pissed. My polling place is ten miles away.

As if you know what rural voters are thinking...lol

I'm a rural voter. I'm not pissed. My polling place is ten miles away.

As if you know what rural voters are thinking...lol
I know every bit as much as you do about rural voters. Good luck with Sen. Manchin’s beatdown of Traitor Trump’s attempt to steal an election as in Ru$$ia and Belaru$.

I know every bit as much as you do about rural voters. Good luck with Sen. Manchin’s beatdown of Traitor Trump’s attempt to steal an election as in Ru$$ia and Belaru$.

Sure you do, up there in the Chicargo burbs...lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom