• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The GOP "Rigging" Has Begun

I know every bit as much as you do about rural voters. Good luck with Sen. Manchin’s beatdown of Traitor Trump’s attempt to steal an election as in Ru$$ia and Belaru$.

That’s what I thought, you have no idea what you are talking about.

The federal govt interfering with the State's ability to run a federal election is a de facto removal of rights.

Quit complaining. Mail in your ballot. If it doesn't get there in time or you fill it out incorrectly, that's your fault. You were warned. Otherwise, shut up and vote in person. Geeze, you people are just helpless. You'd probably like someone to come to your door and post your ballot for you. You'd definitely prefer to vote online, but then you'd expect the government to supply you with a computer. Incredible.

Quit complaining. Mail in your ballot. If it doesn't get there in time or you fill it out incorrectly, that's your fault. You were warned. Otherwise, shut up and vote in person. Geeze, you people are just helpless. You'd probably like someone to come to your door and post your ballot for you. You'd definitely prefer to vote online, but then you'd expect the government to supply you with a computer. Incredible.

Don't let their theater draw you in... They only pretend to be helpless because today's narrative states that the big meanie in the WH is trying to take their vote away. :mrgreen:

In-person voting, in booths with curtains, is the NORM.

Liberals want to CHANGE THE NORM.

There is no reason why polling locations can't be held open for two weeks, to prevent overcrowding.

Trump has the responsibility to prevent liberals from overhauling our entire election system. We tried to be patient, it didn't work.

Exactly....Trumps not trying to rig the election......he's trying to keep the Dems from doing so!

As far as myself....I dont care if i have to wear a hazmat suit and an organic vapor respirator.....i'm going to vote in person at my local poll.....screw this mail it in idea!

Don't let their theater draw you in... They only pretend to be helpless because today's narrative states that the big meanie in the WH is trying to take their vote away. :mrgreen:

If they had a real gripe, I'd be interested. They don't, and they apparently have no idea how stupid they appear to most Americans. I just thought I'd point it out. Besides, they'll have a new narrative in a few days. They change that as often as they change their diapers.

****ing around with the UPS and suing states. We dont just make wild ass assumptions about a very long going system until there is evidence that it isnt working. Lack of evidence does not mean we can start making negative claims. The default hypothesis is i dont know, not lets make up **** to cast aspersions. Ive been spending plenty of days helping people request mail in ballots. It pisses me off to no end that der trumpengroper is trying to sabotage the post office.

No argument from me bomber.
Trump is getting desperate because he knows WHAT COULD HAPPEN with main-in ballots.
But there is no evidence that will happen.
The question is: How will his petulant attitude toward the USPS going to affect voters?.
Will people refrain from voting at all because they are afraid their ballot may not be counted?
Will people brave the outdoors on Nov 3 and vote in person because they want to be sure their vote will count?
And will this decision favor Trump or not?
Can states get their act together and make sure mail-in ballots are sent to voter with enough time to get them back in to be counted and sorted?
I really don't see an advantage for Trump one way or the other.

You are not using mail in voting, you are using absentee voting. You have to REQUEST an absentee ballot!

It amazes me how uneducated liberals are!

Dead people will get ballots even though they did not request them with democrats plan to steal the election, so their relatives can use them! jeeezzz!

pssssttttt.....we still mail it in........I cannot believe how narrow some are in their thinking.

Since there are already multiple states with almost exclusively mail in voting without any major fraud issue....I will consider your panties unnecessarily twisted.

pssssttttt.....we still mail it in........I cannot believe how narrow some are in their thinking.

Since there are already multiple states with almost exclusively mail in voting without any major fraud issue....I will consider your panties unnecessarily twisted.
Or, deliberately.

In most jurisdictions, there is no difference between a mail ballot and what one votes on election day. The changes are generally in the verification process.
Nearly half of registered voters (47%) live in jurisdictions that use only optical-scan as their standard voting system, and about 28% live in DRE-only jurisdictions, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of data from the Verified Voting Foundation, a nongovernmental organization concerned with the impact of new voting technologies on election integrity. Another 19% of registered voters live in jurisdictions where both optical-scan and DRE systems are in use.
On Election Day, most voters use electronic or optical-scan ballots (Pew)

The idea that "relatives" will be voting for dead relatives is just stupid. But, then, so are most of the other "arguments" put forward to oppose voting. They are all a cover for the actual argument: we don't want YOUR guys (black, young, liberal, urban) voting, so we'll put up roadblocks for how you might vote.

If mail voting is so awesome, Canada is switching next week. Right?

Last chance- do States have the right to conduct their elections as they see fit or does the President tell them how it's going to be?
You know as well as I do what any conservative Republican should say to that question. You lot just mealy-mouth and backpedal now that what you believe is constitutionally sound looks like it might not be what your Dear Leader needs.
And I know as well as you do that you won't have anything to contribute to the discussion, all you have available to you is juvenile schoolyard crap.

I'm a rural voter. I'm not pissed. My polling place is ten miles away.

As if you know what rural voters are thinking...lol

I am a rural voter as well. My polling place is 4 miles away and quite safe.

Because they see defeat coming and are preparing for their next hoax. This time instead of russian collusion, they will accuse Trump of sabotaging the post office.

Trump will lose if people are allowed to vote. So, the path forward is clear. Keep people from voting is the Republican strategy. Southern (Trumpty) states have a loooong history of voter suppression. Why stop now?

Sounds like TDS.

Last chance- do States have the right to conduct their elections as they see fit or does the President tell them how it's going to be?

Within reason they do. Hoever you are old enough to remember the 2000 presidential race. When it came down to Florida, the democrats attempted to change the rules in the middle of an official recount. Then when the US Supreme Court slapped their hands, they attempted to impose endless recounts intending to keep going until they somehow found or invented enough votes to win. Now the democrats are attempting to change the rules less then 90 days from an election and are using the pandemic as an excuse.

Within reason they do. Hoever you are old enough to remember the 2000 presidential race. When it came down to Florida, the democrats attempted to change the rules in the middle of an official recount. Then when the US Supreme Court slapped their hands, they attempted to impose endless recounts intending to keep going until they somehow found or invented enough votes to win. Now the democrats are attempting to change the rules less then 90 days from an election and are using the pandemic as an excuse.

:spin:

And neither of us have a problem getting to it, either.

Actually, forcing people to drive in order to vote is an illegal polling tax.

So what you're saying is the Supreme Court ruled that the State has the right to conduct their election as they wish. Now Trump is trying to tell the States how they will conduct their election. Or how they won't conduct it. Is that right?
If a State decides to conduct their election with mail-in votes does the President have the power to veto it?

The big meanie in the White House is trying to take away the right of the State to conduct it's election as it sees fit.
You rightists are constitutionalists of convenience.

straw man
/ˌstrô ˈman/
noun
noun: strawman
an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

Back
Top Bottom