• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

the first earth day in 1970 was a teach-in,... 52 years later humanity by and large is still ecologically oblivious

earthday-teach-in-know-your-carbon-footprint-1-of-2.png

earthday-teach-in-know-your-carbon-footprint-2-of-2.png

the consequences of political and business leadership being ecologically oblivious is lots of eco-anxiety (especially among the youth)

dear-1945-earthday-2022-eco-anxiety-of-a-first-grader.png

See username, user title and signature.

An estimated 196,000 pounds of plant material, millions of years of time (heat and pressure?), extraction, and refining yields one gallon of gasoline. Wow.

Last edited:
Guess I should stop driving my car. Maybe I'll start cutting myself too since I'm such a horrible human for living in the world.

Guess I should stop driving my car. Maybe I'll start cutting myself too since I'm such a horrible human for living in the world.

You poor, poor victim.

What is the average person just living their life supposed to take from this thread?

You're supposed to want to harm yourself? That's your claim. That's the point of the thread, of course. It's more victimization for you. More oppression for you. More suffering for you. More torment for you. Honestly, it's a wonder you cope with the darkness hippies force upon you.

If there's one thing more pathetic than a flower child, it's someone pretending to be a victim of flower children. May you endure.

You're supposed to want to harm yourself? That's your claim. That's the point of the thread, of course. It's more victimization for you. More oppression for you. More suffering for you. More torment for you. Honestly, it's a wonder you cope with the darkness hippies force upon you.

If there's one thing more pathetic than a flower child, it's someone pretending to be a victim of flower children. May you endure.
It's called rhetoric and sarcasm. Only a dolt wouldn't notice.

This shit won't get fixed easily or possibly at all by individuals changing their behavior.
It requires nations and states to change their behavior.

Edit: That said, they won't until enough individuals do, more required if they're less democratic in government type.

Last edited:
What is the average person just living their life supposed to take from this thread?

You think your reaction is the average person's reaction? Well, maybe the average Trumpian reaction...

"52 years later humanity by and large is still ecologically oblivious"

Disagree!
We have RECENTLY begun to RETURN TO being ecologically oblivious but for a good long while we began trying to be good stewards.
Trainloads of organized right wing MONEY rewound us back to the bad old days, so I beg to differ with blaming it all on people.

Don't forget, the last administration almost succeeded in ripping out California's clean air and clean water standards.
Trump tried like Hell.

You think your reaction is the average person's reaction? Well, maybe the average Trumpian reaction...
I'm not a Trump supporter. Maybe you shouldn't make assumptions about people like some brainless bigot.

I'm not a Trump supporter. Maybe you shouldn't make assumptions about people like some brainless bigot.

I suppose you could think I was implying you were a Trump supporter, but I never actually said you were a Trump supporter.

The only brainless thing I see on this thread is your reaction post to the op.

"52 years later humanity by and large is still ecologically oblivious"

Disagree!
We have RECENTLY begun to RETURN TO being ecologically oblivious but for a good long while we began trying to be good stewards.
Trainloads of organized right wing MONEY rewound us back to the bad old days, so I beg to differ with blaming it all on people.

Don't forget, the last administration almost succeeded in ripping out California's clean air and clean water standards.
Trump tried like Hell.

sigh,...

WRT the OP 'SUV earth-day cartoon' and humanity being ecologically oblivious,...

'Global SUV sales set another record in 2021, setting back efforts to reduce emissions'

www.iea.org/commentaries/global-suv-sales-set-another-record-in-2021-setting-back-efforts-to-reduce-emissions

since I noticed you are located in the Los Angeles area,... have any concerns about democratic leadership basically being more interested in politics (rather than science) which is why millions of pounds of high level nuclear waste being left on the beach in SoCal

then there are the Biden administration facts (such as)

www.npr.org/2021/11/17/1056713397/the-biden-administration-sold-oil-and-gas-leases-days-after-the-climate-summit

How-serious-is-humanity-taking-man-made-climate-change-when.png

nuf said about humanity being ecologically oblivious?!

I'm guessing you have a USAF back ground given your user description 'BUFF 52 Nav'

then perhaps you'll appreciate aviation accident investigation 'error-chain' analysis about perspective and humanity likely being 'crushed' because of a lack of 'situational awarenes'

Aviation-Error-Chain-and-Climate-Change.png

OODA-loop-insurance-against-a-darwin-award.png

earthday-teach-in-know-your-carbon-footprint-1-of-2.png

earthday-teach-in-know-your-carbon-footprint-2-of-2.png

the consequences of political and business leadership being ecologically oblivious is lots of eco-anxiety (especially among the youth)

dear-1945-earthday-2022-eco-anxiety-of-a-first-grader.png
I am 52yo, and can assure you many people are not oblivious to caring for the planet. Perhaps things are not moving fast enough for some, but great progress has been made in the previous 50 years.

Try looking at the glass half full. We still have a long way to go on renewable energy, which should be the priority, everything else will fall into place.

I think our leaders knew fairly well where the exponential growth and pressure on natural resources from modernization were heading, they didn't have any answers. Greedy men were already in power, who thought wishing away humanity's environmental impact was harmless overall. Now we face the consequences of no planning beyond peak consumption.

Back
Top Bottom