• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The “We'll force girls to marry us and then prevent them from leaving when they learn they’ve been trapped in an abusive marriage” gang is here

Well what do you know, EMN was right. Russia does have some more freedoms. 😉

AND I ASKED:

Nothing wrong with my reading comprehension. Sorry my question triggered such an angry response. BUT it might have been simpler to simply ANSWER the question. Maybe the triggered response and not answering the question as to whether your theology has it's limits is an answer.

My issue is that you read what I said and instantly jumped to EXTREMES. Not sure why I am surprised though, its not like I haven't seen you do it many times.

Since you insist on a specific answer to questions that anyone who knows me (and I've been here a VERY long time) shouldn't need to ask: NO I am not ok with pedophilia or forced child marriage!

Now get off mommy's computer and go play outside. A nice game of street-soccer on the highway perhaps.

My post didnt say you were but if that many people inferred it from your post, maybe it's how you wrote it?

In any case, my question was rhetorical.

As long as I've been around, I assumed anyone here but the rawest newb would understand the unwritten "within reason" at the end of the sentence, and not have to ask if I was ok with forced child marriage or pedophilia.

As long as I've been around, I assumed anyone here but the rawest newb would understand the unwritten "within reason" at the end of the sentence, and not have to ask if I was ok with forced child marriage or pedophilia.

Like I wrote, I didnt ask you. It was rhetorical. It was framing the issue.

What does sodomy have to do with marriage? You must be confused. Besides, there is no prohibition or enforceable laws against sodomy. So once again, you fail!
Because of more unconstitutional court rulings

Two homosexual men getting “married” can only engage in sodomy. They can’t actually consummate

Because of more unconstitutional court rulings

Two homosexual men getting “married” can only engage in sodomy. They can’t actually consummate

So? Should 2 elderly people be forbidden marriage if they cant/choose not to "consummate?" Why is "consummating" important? For breeding? That's a choice and we dont prevent infertile people or people who dont want kids from marrying.

Russia in many ways has more freedom. In 2008 the people of California voted in a free and fair election with no allegations of fraud or coercion to protect the definition of marriage to one man and one woman, and the Democratic Party denied them their electoral victory. In Russia people wanted that protection and the Putin government immediately enacted it in 2013 and no alphabet special interest groups have been able to repeal this law
That's not a freedom. It's the opposite of freedom.

So? Should 2 elderly people be forbidden marriage if they cant/choose not to "consummate?" Why is "consummating" important? For breeding? That's a choice and we dont prevent infertile people or people who dont want kids from marrying.
The only people that worry about “consummating” are weirdo religious types.

Who cares what they think.

That's not a freedom. It's the opposite of freedom.
Yep. It's the government micromanaging marriage. All of those folks complaining about the government interfering in people's private lives who then go around and support this nonsense have no credibility in the "supporting freedom" category.

Yep. It's the government micromanaging marriage. All of those folks complaining about the government interfering in people's private lives who then go around and support this nonsense have no credibility in the "supporting freedom" category.
You have to remember that dude openly advocates for a monarchy, and has stated that he would be content as a serf.

I think he thinks he'll be issued a wife.

You have to remember that dude openly advocates for a monarchy, and has stated that he would be content as a serf.

I think he thinks he'll be issued a wife.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Now that would be quite the government hand out, and a violation of personal freedom/right to self determination all rolled up into an idiocy burrito.

I'm a big fan of freedom of religion. That includes freedom from religion.
But, but, but only Christians know how to be morally righteous.

1707092502337.png

There’s many ways in which it would be great to emulate Russia.
Russia is a vast country of strangeness. It has incredible wealth and incredible poverty. There is embedded in the culture and hearts a strange loneliness and yearning for a Mother Russia to care for them. The longing turns up in their literature and their art and music. They build the most incredibly beautiful churches with the most stunning interiors and fabulously beautiful rituals and at the same time are as a people incredibly unethical and crime ridden They are capable of great theoretical knowledge but incapable of any great practical outcomes. They don't understand modern government. They swing wildly from freakish control to 17th century intrigue. They long for peace and indulge in war. The want to be part of Europe and they hate the west. They are not a happy people and yet they have the most joyous folk dances in the world.

What part of that could we possibly emulate?

Like I wrote, I didnt ask you. It was rhetorical. It was framing the issue.

Ok. But I'd prefer you didn't frame it around my neck by quoting me first.

Ok. But I'd prefer you didn't frame it around my neck by quoting me first.

It was based on your response. Directly. Yet it didnt even imply you. OTOH you were welcome to continue the debate and answer with your opinion.

I dont really understand your obstinance here.

Russia is a vast country of strangeness. It has incredible wealth and incredible poverty. There is embedded in the culture and hearts a strange loneliness and yearning for a Mother Russia to care for them. The longing turns up in their literature and their art and music. They build the most incredibly beautiful churches with the most stunning interiors and fabulously beautiful rituals and at the same time are as a people incredibly unethical and crime ridden They are capable of great theoretical knowledge but incapable of any great practical outcomes. They don't understand modern government. They swing wildly from freakish control to 17th century intrigue. They long for peace and indulge in war. The want to be part of Europe and they hate the west. They are not a happy people and yet they have the most joyous folk dances in the world.

What part of that could we possibly emulate?
Imagine spending time and effort to write something like this

What a worthless POS

Back
Top Bottom