• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas man barely restrains himself from shooting 6 year old girl looking for her kitty

He works for himself. He runs a shitty little internet weather service.
Probably for the best. Obviously he doesn't play well with others

This.

This is why he’s sorry. Probably forced to apologize or he’d lose his job, etc.

Edited: Thanks Luce. So he doesn’t even have a job to lose?
He should be grateful that his rage was satisfied with pulling her hair and his rant on social media. Life as he knows it could have ended for him right there on his own door. I'm probably hoping in vain that the incident gave him some insight into the fact that he's not suitable for gun ownership

If you hadn't noticed yet - mental-health issues is at an all-time high.

Or it could just be that we're more aware of mental health problems.

Personally speaking - I would forbid any children from ringing any stranger's door. Not because of getting shot by gun nuts.
But, because of.................PERVERTS!

Well yeah. It would be a valuable learning experience for the kids, but their parents should be there too.

Yup. It can go that quick. One minute you're a law abiding gun owner and the next you're looking at a twenty year stretch in Huntsville

He should be grateful that his rage was satisfied with pulling her hair and his rant on social media. Life as he knows it could have ended for him right there on his own door. I'm probably hoping in vain that the incident gave him some insight into the fact that he's not suitable for gun ownership

It’s good when they acknowledge this. My late husband had a horrible temper. Horrible. He refused to buy a gun for this very reason.

Proper protocol: 1) Call or text them and them them you're coming. 2) When you get there either text or ring the door bell.
So, I guess it's goodby to the old fashion 'welcome mat'. What the hell has happened to our country?

I'll tell you what.

GUNS HAVE HAPPENED

The only thing that's changed in the past say 20-30 years is the amount and ease of which to get a gun.

I live amongst them. They are devolving.....
For some it is absolutely necessary to defend every single one of them, or else there will be no one to defend them when the time comes. ;)

Isn't this the kind of irrational behavior that a mental health screening process for gun ownership would flag?

If you're threaten to shoot a 6 year old for ringing your doorbell, you are not stable enough to own a gun. Period.

Meh.
Why do folks even believe what he said really happened?
For all we know, it's a fabricated story, or exaggerated.
Many people posture in social media.
Because of the number of similar incidents recently, per post #47.
And............................why are people going nuts over this? I'm referring to the so-called "backlash" over his post. :)
Like as if there aren't any other real issues to talk about!
Possibly because this guy apparently needs feedback on his latent pedicidal tendencies. And, if you haven't noticed, people shooting their strangers and neighbors, including children, over basically nothing, has been quite in the news recently. You may not consider that important or newsworthy or of concern. Some of us do.
Furthermore - reading the backlash to his post - would you antagonize someone who seems to have a few loose screws?
Wouldn't that be kinda "goading" a looney to go off?
Because some people are brave enough to take a stand, perhaps?
Who knows what could trigger anyone these days.
If you hadn't noticed yet - mental-health issues is at an all-time high.
Indeed. That's why voters where I live, in King County, just passed a Crisis Care Center Levy.
Personally speaking - I would forbid any children from ringing any stranger's door. Not because of getting shot by gun nuts.
But, because of.................PERVERTS!
I would be sad to live in your neighborhood.

Proper protocol: 1) Call or text them and them them you're coming. 2) When you get there either text or ring the door bell.
In America, if you ring a doorbell, expect to die. Door to door Jehova's Witnesses and Southern Baptist's watch out.

What a piece of shit. I hope that by posting this on social media and getting the much-deserved backlash, he will realize what a piece of shit he is and do some soul-searching.

But he won't. People like this never do. If he's thinking about the backlash at all, he's just trying to figure out why people online are being mean to him.

What a piece of shit. I hope that by posting this on social media and getting the much-deserved backlash, he will realize what a piece of shit he is and do some soul-searching.

But he won't. People like this never do. If he's thinking about the backlash at all, he's just trying to figure out why people online are being mean to him.
Something I've learned from the Trump era is that pieces of shit are, as a rule, victims.

This is the problem. What can they do? What can the county do if he's legit coockoo?
He's not. He just has unreasonable expectations to live life totally on his terms. If you can't handle someone coming to your door, what's it gonna be if he steps in some dog turd or someone cuts in line at the store?

At what point does a little girl looking for her kitten get the mobile phone numbers of all her neighbors?

Nothing to see here, this is acceptable to Liberals since they can't make a MAGA reference..... move along.

At what point does a little girl looking for her kitten get the mobile phone numbers of all her neighbors?
After her first bullet wound.

So should he lose his right to a firearm ?

This is hardly a lone example.

Andrew Yarl was shot for ringing a doorbell.

Kaylin Gillis was shot dead as a passenger in a car that drove up the wrong driveway.

Robert Singletary shot a 6 year old girl and her parents in an argument about a basketball.

These are just 3 instances from the last couple of weeks. Not all were in the south, but all involve gun owners. There’s a problem here and hiding behind claims of prejudice isn’t much of a response.

3 out of 330 million people. Can you even conceive of how many people that is? In a group that large, you get some loonies and idiots.

In other news, yesterday 89,999,995 legal gun owners harmed no one...

3 out of 330 million people. Can you even conceive of how many people that is? In a group that large, you get some loonies and idiots.

Your original post said it was one person. I gave you three more examples. I could have given many more, in fact I believe there’s a thread in the gun forum which lists daily atrocities.

You said legal gun owners harmed no one but how many of them lost their gun though carelessness? Or sold a gun to a criminal or bought a gun for one? How many of them came on to a forum like this and argued that shooting someone for a minor trespass was warranted? Or used their gun like the McMichaels did and a complicit police force failed to change them? Gun culture is out of control when so many gun owners are so emboldened.

I am not a gun grabber, but something struck me here.

How many people would have to be shot ringing doorbells before it is a problem?

Back
Top Bottom