• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas Invasion

Truth hurt?... Btw stuff the TDS Nonsense.. I live in NY.. I've known all about Trump's crimes and cons since the early 90s.. I know vendors and contractors who did work on his properties who never saw a dime in payment..

He's been a conman, theif and liar for decades.. That's the type of man you worship... And you want me to give a shit about a laptop and a few 100'a of thousands of $s?? Lol
LOL and you worship a demented octogenarian who like to sniff little girls' hair. To each his own

Except, of course, that it takes a lot more than two years to recover from a decade long war.....especially one where the US lost.
Not in this case. Nixon had begun withdrawing US troops from Vietnam by 1972. It took almost three years for Vietnam to end. More troops were coming home from Vietnam than were being sent. By April 1975 and the fall of Saigon there was just a handful of US troops remaining.

Compare how President Ford reacted one month after the fall of Saigon to the Mayaguez Incident in May 1975. Ford's rescue response was immediate and decisive. Now compare that to Carter's PR stunt a year after the hostages were taken. Carter's cowardice was evident to the entire world. Only the self-deluded believe otherwise.

Not in this case. Nixon had begun withdrawing US troops from Vietnam by 1972. It took almost three years for Vietnam to end. More troops were coming home from Vietnam than were being sent. By April 1975 and the fall of Saigon there was just a handful of US troops remaining.

Compare how President Ford reacted one month after the fall of Saigon to the Mayaguez Incident in May 1975. Ford's rescue response was immediate and decisive. Now compare that to Carter's PR stunt a year after the hostages were taken. Carter's cowardice was evident to the entire world. Only the self-deluded believe otherwise.

I read the article. But I recall from the time US forces attracted the wrong island and did so after the ship and captives were released. And give us a break: Iran and Cambodia are thousands of miles away from one another and that distance from one another in importance at the time.

Truth hurt?... Btw stuff the TDS Nonsense.. I live in NY.. I've known all about Trump's crimes and cons since the early 90s.. I know vendors and contractors who did work on his properties who never saw a dime in payment..

He's been a conman, theif and liar for decades.. That's the type of man you worship... And you want me to give a shit about a laptop and a few 100'a of thousands of $s?? Lol
In your observation of Trump, have you seen him sit for interviews where he is asked about the various scams you mention plus his university and foundation? I can imagine he can develop excuses for stiffing vendors and contractors, but how does he explain his repeated crookedness? Of course I'd like to see him asked about his terrible luck in elections, being constantly cheated of victory.

LOL… Those declarations are working exactly as intended. They rile up the ignorant..

Abbott can’t keep the damn power on, how the hell is going to raise troops?

Don't be mean, Abbott is trying to make going back to the 1800's authentic feeling for Texans.

Why wasn't it secure from 2017-2019? 2 full years? And total control of the government by the Republicans. Why? You're saying Texas can and should shut it down now. Why didn't they do it then?

Also take away the job incentive, that takes away the reason for illegals to come here. How come TEXAS, yes TEXAS, barely uses e-verify?

Republicans don't want to close the border, they talk tough, but their business donors want immigrants. So all your politicians do is talk, but do nothing. Sad thing is the Republican base falls for their lies and BS...
When I was in texas, they were building little island of duplexes near where they were growing longhorns, and guess what. 95%+ of the workers were Mexican, and many couldn't speak english. I wonder how many of those workers will illegal.

When I was in texas, they were building little island of duplexes near where they were growing longhorns, and guess what. 95%+ of the workers were Mexican, and many couldn't speak english. I wonder how many of those workers will illegal.
All of them..

Abbott wants so bad to be the king of his own country, fighting off colored invaders with his white shiny face, putting the women back in the kitchen so his hungry white soldiers can eat good grub after ridding the world of all the filth.
That level of race baiting is in itself ultra-racist.

Texas Invasion

You can't call it an invasion. The White House has invited them. They are guests of the administration.

Or the GOP has engaged in hysterical hyperbole.
I agree. Invasion is the wrong word for it. It is a mass entry of illegal aliens invited by the white house.

There are two valid points of view.

First, tens of thousands of people are illegally streaming across the border. They are having a negative impact on the Americans living in that area.

It is no secret that the federal Administration is sympathetic toward the migrants, and so it has already allowed in hundreds of thousands who have already been resettled in various parts of this nation.

It is understandable that the Governor is trying to stop this chaos.

Second, when I see those migrants (on FOX, of course), I cannot but feel sympathy for them. I have noticed that they are generally well-behaved. Some do try to run from border guards, but when they are caught, 99% (?) cooperate and meekly line up for processing.

It is hard not to feel sorry for them. They come from perfectly dreadful countries where it impossible to make a decent living. So it is understandable that they have determined to come here. This is truly a paradise for them (free education for their kids, at least free emergency medical care, help in finding housing, assistance in buying food, and -- above all else -- JOBS that allow them to send money back to their relatives).

I am not very smart, but I know that as long as there's a Dem Administration, more and more migrants will be coming and allowed in.

I hope that the Governor and the Administration can act like adults and come to some compromise.

But I realize that is simply asking for too much.
Well there's about 4 billion more people in the world who also face shitty conditions as well. None of that is the US taxpayers problem.

Five days ago several Texas counties officially declared that they were under an invasion.

As of this past Friday, Texas House Republicans are supporting the declarations, and pushing Governor Abbot to make a State-wide declaration

The reason this thread was posted in the Constitution sub-forum is because when a State officially declares it is being invaded the prohibitions placed on all States under Article I, Section 10, Clause 3 of the US Constitution disappear.

Should Governor Abbott officially declare that Texas is being invaded, he could:
  • Raise military troops that answer only to the Governor;
  • He can even house those military troops in private homes since the Third Amendment doesn't apply to States;
  • Arm ships of war;
  • Make compacts with other States and other foreign nations;
  • Pretty much do whatever the State of Texas needs to do to be secure against invasion; and
  • Do all of this without the consent of Congress.
It will be interesting to see what Governor Abbott does tomorrow.

Great political theater! Paid for by the stupid tax papers of Texas.

I agree. Invasion is the wrong word for it. It is a mass entry of illegal aliens invited by the white house.

Invited by the white house.

How Fox of you.

Well there's about 4 billion more people in the world who also face shitty conditions as well. None of that is the US taxpayers problem.

People always have and always will migrate to better themselves.

When your ancestors did it it was ok. When someone else does it, its not.

This attitude needs to go get a kite and fly away.

Apparently the White House disagrees with you.

Five days ago several Texas counties officially declared that they were under an invasion.

As of this past Friday, Texas House Republicans are supporting the declarations, and pushing Governor Abbot to make a State-wide declaration

The reason this thread was posted in the Constitution sub-forum is because when a State officially declares it is being invaded the prohibitions placed on all States under Article I, Section 10, Clause 3 of the US Constitution disappear.

Should Governor Abbott officially declare that Texas is being invaded, he could:
  • He can even house those military troops in private homes since the Third Amendment doesn't apply to States;
  • Arm ships of war;
  • Pretty much do whatever the State of Texas needs to do to be secure against invasion; and
Wow.

I didn't even know we had a southern border until just now?

• Arm ships of war;
Brave brave Abbot.

Gonna raise an army to protect himself from a bunch of desperate poor people.

Gonna be throwing all the dogs in the shelters in a wood chipper next.

Because a Yorkie startled him.

Let's hope not. So far only about 2 million of them enter illegally per year.

Apparently the White House disagrees with you.
All these Dems are full of shit. They don't give a **** about these people. They all live their exclusive multimillionaire lifestyles in their exclusive gated communities with their multimillionaire friends. All their kids go to expensive exclusive private schools.

How stupid.

Its Texas, its run by stupid people, stop eating their bullshit.

Such angst and hate. You go with that, makes you look professional.
You’re doing a great job!

All their kids go to expensive exclusive private schools.
So true!

Yet they advise ordinary working class Dems to send their kids to public high schools.

Why don't the rich and famous Dems do that? I know why.

People always have and always will migrate to better themselves.

When your ancestors did it it was ok. When someone else does it, its not.

This attitude needs to go get a kite and fly away.
When my ancestors immigrated to the US they did so legally. If they cannot abide by the laws of the nation they are immigrating to, then they have no business immigrating there and they will not be welcome.

How many of these Republican controlled Counties filed "invasion" paperwork because of all of the illegals who poured across the southern border in 2017, or 2018, or 2019 and then 2020?

Seems to me if one answers that honestly that we will see not a single Texas County did that in those years. Then it seems I sure do have a good start on being able to show behavior this is nothing more than Hypocritical R-winger partisan BS.

But let the MAGAT Games begin.

Can I say that I would be the first in my household to step up and vote YES to letting TEXAS leave the Union.

Back
Top Bottom