• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas Invasion

Glitch

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Five days ago several Texas counties officially declared that they were under an invasion.

As of this past Friday, Texas House Republicans are supporting the declarations, and pushing Governor Abbot to make a State-wide declaration

The reason this thread was posted in the Constitution sub-forum is because when a State officially declares it is being invaded the prohibitions placed on all States under Article I, Section 10, Clause 3 of the US Constitution disappear.

Should Governor Abbott officially declare that Texas is being invaded, he could:
  • Raise military troops that answer only to the Governor;
  • He can even house those military troops in private homes since the Third Amendment doesn't apply to States;
  • Arm ships of war;
  • Make compacts with other States and other foreign nations;
  • Pretty much do whatever the State of Texas needs to do to be secure against invasion; and
  • Do all of this without the consent of Congress.
It will be interesting to see what Governor Abbott does tomorrow.

Abbott wants so bad to be the king of his own country, fighting off colored invaders with his white shiny face, putting the women back in the kitchen so his hungry white soldiers can eat good grub after ridding the world of all the filth.

Five days ago several Texas counties officially declared that they were under an invasion.

As of this past Friday, Texas House Republicans are supporting the declarations, and pushing Governor Abbot to make a State-wide declaration

The reason this thread was posted in the Constitution sub-forum is because when a State officially declares it is being invaded the prohibitions placed on all States under Article I, Section 10, Clause 3 of the US Constitution disappear.

Should Governor Abbott officially declare that Texas is being invaded, he could:
  • He can even house those military troops in private homes since the Third Amendment doesn't apply to States;
  • Arm ships of war;
  • Pretty much do whatever the State of Texas needs to do to be secure against invasion; and
Glitch:

The invasion must be a military one, not a migratory one. This is a problem of migration, not an armed invasion by an organised and foreign military force. If "invasion" meant something other than armed invasion by foreign forces then states could use the pretext of invasive species like Zebra Mussels, Nutria, domestic cats and snakeheads coming into America to declare their states to be independent, armed fiefdoms. This thread is absurd, as is Gov. Abbott of Texas. Back to the drawing board, I'm afraid.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

• Arm ships of war;
but can he deport?

Glitch:

The invasion must be a military one, not a migratory one.
Actually, the US Constitution was not that specific. All Article I, Section 10, Clause 3 of the US Constitution states is that the States are prohibited from certain powers without consent of Congress, "unless actually invaded, or in such imminent danger as will not admit of delay."

This is a problem of migration, not an armed invasion by an organised and foreign military force.
This is a problem of the Executive Branch failing to enforce existing immigration laws, which is resulting in "imminent danger" to both Texans as well as those who are illegally invading the US.

If "invasion" meant something other than armed invasion by foreign forces then states could use the pretext of invasive species like Zebra Mussels, Nutria, domestic cats and snakeheads coming into America to declare their states to be independent, armed fiefdoms. This thread is absurd, as is Gov. Abbott of Texas. Back to the drawing board, I'm afraid.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.
An invasive species does not create "imminent danger." Millions of illegal aliens, including the terrorists and drug pushers included within those illegal aliens, are an imminent danger not just to Texas, but to every State. Biden is facilitating crimes against Americans by not just refusing to enforce existing laws, but actively violating those laws by illegally shipping those illegal aliens (including documented terrorists) to other States. This will certainly be one of the first Articles of Impeachment against Biden this coming November when the GOP take back control of the House.

but can he deport?
He can do more than deport, he can do whatever he feels is necessary to end the invasion. Including using military force.

The federal government is required to "protect each [State] against invasion" under Article IV, Section 4, Clause 1 of the US Constitution. Which they have clearly failed to do. Thankfully, States have the constitutional authority to ensure their security when Congress and the President will not.

......It will be interesting to see what Governor Abbott does tomorrow.

Maybe he'll inflict some more "financial pain" on you.

Teach y'all a lesson. :rolleyes:

Maybe he'll inflict some more "financial pain" on you.

Teach y'all a lesson. :rolleyes:

If Gov. Abbott officially declares that Texas is being invaded he can shutdown the border completely. Nothing would get through. Like I said, such a declaration would eliminate the restrictions that Article I, Section 10, Clause 3 places on the States and allow them to act in any way they deem appropriate to make their State safe. It would also mean that Congress and the President failed to uphold Article IV, Section 4, Clause 1 of the US Constitution, and that will have additional far-reaching consequences with all the other States.

Actually, the US Constitution was not that specific. All Article I, Section 10, Clause 3 of the US Constitution states is that the States are prohibited from certain powers without consent of Congress, "unless actually invaded, or in such imminent danger as will not admit of delay."
Glitch:

What imminent and existential danger which will not admit delay do illegal immigrants pose to any state? None, I would argue. They are a onerous burden on the resources of the state perhaps but they don't threaten the existence of the state like a military invasion would.
This is a problem of the Executive Branch failing to enforce existing immigration laws, which is resulting in "imminent danger" to both Texans as well as those who are illegally invading the US.
Imminent danger to the existence of the State of Texas? I think that is a very hyperbolic conclusion. I do agree with you that successive Administrations, including that of President Biden, have shirked their responsibilities and duty to control the borders of the USA and to regulate immigration over them, but again this does not create an existential threat like a foreign military invasion would.
An invasive species does not create "imminent danger." Millions of illegal aliens, including the terrorists and drug pushers included within those illegal aliens, are an imminent danger not just to Texas, but to every State.
No? Covid-19 is a case in point. Millions of Americans dead, many suffering with the effects of long-Covid. Terrorists and criminals can "invade" a state from other American states too. But such groups are almost never an existential threat to the state into which they come. Can you name a terrorist act or a criminal act which was an existential threat to any state's continued existence in your republic? Not even 9/11 rose to that level,of threat. Towers fell but the State of New York recovered quickly and carried on as did NY City.
Biden is facilitating crimes against Americans by not just refusing to enforce existing laws, but actively violating those laws by illegally shipping those illegal aliens (including documented terrorists) to other States. This will certainly be one of the first Articles of Impeachment against Biden this coming November when the GOP take back control of the House.
Hypotheticals. Who knows the future? Not I. So I will reserve comment until this comes to pass, or doesn't.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Glitch:

What imminent and existential danger which will not admit delay do illegal immigrants pose to any state? None, I would argue. They are a onerous burden on the resources of the state perhaps but they don't threaten the existence of the state like a military invasion would.

Imminent danger to the existence of the State of Texas? I think that is a very hyperbolic conclusion. I do agree with you that successive Administrations, including that of President Biden, have shirked their responsibilities and duty to control the borders of the USA and to regulate immigration over them, but again this does not create an existential threat like a foreign military invasion would.

No? Covid-19 is a case in point. Millions of Americans dead, many suffering with the effects of long-Covid. Terrorists and criminals can "invade" a state from other American states too. But such groups are almost never an existential threat to the state into which they come. Can you name a terrorist act or a criminal act which was an existential threat to any state's continued existence in your republic? Not even 9/11 rose to that level,of threat. Towers fell but the State of New York recovered quickly and carried on as did NY City.

Hypotheticals. Who knows the future? Not I. So I will reserve comment until this comes to pass, or doesn't.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.
Then you would argue incorrectly, because the UN has already identified that migration from Mexico into the US is the deadliest land route in the world, and Biden is a major contributor.

Glitch:

The invasion must be a military one, not a migratory one. This is a problem of migration, not an armed invasion by an organised and foreign military force. If "invasion" meant something other than armed invasion by foreign forces then states could use the pretext of invasive species like Zebra Mussels, Nutria, domestic cats and snakeheads coming into America to declare their states to be independent, armed fiefdoms. This thread is absurd, as is Gov. Abbott of Texas. Back to the drawing board, I'm afraid.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.
I’m not sure the invasion has to be military.

He can do more than deport, he can do whatever he feels is necessary to end the invasion. Including using military force.

The federal government is required to "protect each [State] against invasion" under Article IV, Section 4, Clause 1 of the US Constitution. Which they have clearly failed to do. Thankfully, States have the constitutional authority to ensure their security when Congress and the President will not.
I wish I had the same privilege now that my uterus is being invaded by people like Abbott.

• Arm ships of war;

LOL… Those declarations are working exactly as intended. They rile up the ignorant..

Abbott can’t keep the damn power on, how the hell is going to raise troops?

LOL… Those declarations are working exactly as intended. They rile up the ignorant..

Depending on compensation it could be a rewarding job.

Texas is not in imminent danger. Declaring “invasion” is not a magic get-out-of-Constitution-free card.
Several Texas counties claim that they are in imminent danger, and the Texas House Republicans are supporting that position by trying to get Gov. Abbott to make it a State-wide declaration. Once that happens then Texas is no longer constrained by Article I, Section 10, Clause 3 of the US Constitution and both Congress and the President will have failed to uphold Article IV, Section 4, Clause 1 of the US Constitution.

He cannot currently raise troops, at least not until he declares Texas is being invaded. Article I, Section 10, Clause 3 of the US Constitution prohibits it. However, once he declares that Texas is being invaded, then he can because none of the constitutional prohibitions against the State would apply. Gov. Abbott would be able to completely shut down the border to stop the invasion.

He cannot currently raise troops, at least not until he declares Texas is being invaded. Article I, Section 10, Clause 3 of the US Constitution prohibits it. However, once he declares that Texas is being invaded, then he can because none of the constitutional prohibitions against the State would apply. Gov. Abbott would be able to completely shut down the border to stop the invasion.

And be immediately sued in federal court... Anyone who follows his orders risks exposing themselves PERSONALLY to being prosecuted... Abbott talks a lot of shit to keep the far right impressed with him but the reality is its all hat, no cattle. What happened to his big bad plan to arrest immigrants on state charges? Not working out so well?

And be immediately sued in federal court... Anyone who follows his orders risks exposing themselves PERSONALLY to being prosecuted...
Considering the federal government has already failed to hold up their constitutional obligation, let them sue. By aiding and abetting crimes against the US the Biden administration has already lost their case, and will be facing impeachment for his multitude of crimes after this coming November election.

There are two valid points of view.

First, tens of thousands of people are illegally streaming across the border. They are having a negative impact on the Americans living in that area.

It is no secret that the federal Administration is sympathetic toward the migrants, and so it has already allowed in hundreds of thousands who have already been resettled in various parts of this nation.

It is understandable that the Governor is trying to stop this chaos.

Second, when I see those migrants (on FOX, of course), I cannot but feel sympathy for them. I have noticed that they are generally well-behaved. Some do try to run from border guards, but when they are caught, 99% (?) cooperate and meekly line up for processing.

It is hard not to feel sorry for them. They come from perfectly dreadful countries where it impossible to make a decent living. So it is understandable that they have determined to come here. This is truly a paradise for them (free education for their kids, at least free emergency medical care, help in finding housing, assistance in buying food, and -- above all else -- JOBS that allow them to send money back to their relatives).

I am not very smart, but I know that as long as there's a Dem Administration, more and more migrants will be coming and allowed in.

I hope that the Governor and the Administration can act like adults and come to some compromise.

But I realize that is simply asking for too much.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom