• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas Invasion

Are you talking about the refugees we took in? Or relocation migrants before deportation?
All I know (thanks to FOX, of course) is that tens of thousands of ladies & gentlemen & children & babies have entered this nation since the Dem Administration started.

If the Republican Administration had continued, many of those people would NOT have been allowed to enter.

As I said, many people support the current Administration's friendly policy toward migrants, and that's fine.

Other people (such as the Governor of Texas) is outraged by the numbers that are crossing over from Mexico. A lot of Texans (including Hispanic Americans) are very upset. One district recently even elected a Republican!!!

Abbott wants so bad to be the king of his own country, fighting off colored invaders with his white shiny face, putting the women back in the kitchen so his hungry white soldiers can eat good grub after ridding the world of all the filth.
The border counties are majority Latino

And be immediately sued in federal court... Anyone who follows his orders risks exposing themselves PERSONALLY to being prosecuted... Abbott talks a lot of shit to keep the far right impressed with him but the reality is its all hat, no cattle. What happened to his big bad plan to arrest immigrants on state charges? Not working out so well?
Which would be a great commercial for Republicans because it would only make it undeniable that democrats are not only incompetent, but purposefully flooding is America with foreign aliens to the detriment of US citizens and legal residents.

Yeah....bullshit like we're being invaded and you clearly don't care!!!

I say put the military on the border and dare anyone to cross anywhere but an official customs port of entry!
Whipped into a frenzy....

All I know (thanks to FOX, of course) is that tens of thousands of ladies & gentlemen & children & babies have entered this nation since the Dem Administration started.

If the Republican Administration had continued, many of those people would NOT have been allowed to enter.

As I said, many people support the current Administration's friendly policy toward migrants, and that's fine.

Other people (such as the Governor of Texas) is outraged by the numbers that are crossing over from Mexico. A lot of Texans (including Hispanic Americans) are very upset. One district recently even elected a Republican!!!
I notice you didn’t mention the reason people come to the border, the relevant laws and treaties, or why Biden changed Trump’s policy — not to mention Trump’s xenophobic and inaccurate insults to all refugees, and immigrants, legal or not. And of course, no mention of visa overstayers, just as illegal, who make up to 40% of illegals, but likely not as brown-skinned.

Texas is being invaded?

How awful. I may cry.

Would that be a lawful order? You would do that for $151/day?
Some would do it for free, to Cosplay being a badass military man/woman, and then feign ignorance to not knowing it was an illegal order, and then promptly poop their pants when they are charged. Or on second thought, maybe they wouldn't even have to feign ignorance.

The idea is laughable. If it ever went to a court the judge might give himself a stroke from laughing so hard.

"invasion" means by armed troops of a foreign power. That is how the term has been used for hundreds of years.

If the Texas officials that put forth this dumbass idea actually believe this nonsense it is just more proof that Texans love to elect morons.

Abbot is not - i hope - this stupid.

Glitch:

See my post #107 to @VySky for the context and traditional interpretation of Article 1, Section 10.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.
I responded specifically to post #107. Nowhere does the US Constitution say anything about a military threat. That is nonsensical criteria that you added. There is no such criteria within the US Constitution. The problem you have is that I actually have read the US Constitution, which you clearly have not. This is where an education would have served you better than the leftist indoctrination you received.

you're on the internet (which means you can stream tv/media or watch clips) and you don't know about the vaccinations that the military requires.

that's some weird stuff dude.
You apparently have never experienced DSL, which all I can get. It takes about three times longer to stream a movie than to watch it. I stick to the printed text.

I served in the Marine Corps from 1972 until 1980, including 1976 when President Ford mandated that the military be given Swine Flue vaccinations. There were 20,000 cases of Swine Flu in the US in 1976, all of them in the military. I know, because I was one of them. I'm more familiar with the vaccinations the military receives than you will ever be.

You apparently have never experienced DSL, which all I can get. It takes about three times longer to stream a movie than to watch it. I stick to the printed text.

I served in the Marine Corps from 1972 until 1980, including 1976 when President Ford mandated that the military be given Swine Flue vaccinations. There were 20,000 cases of Swine Flu in the US in 1976, all of them in the military. I know, because I was one of them. I'm more familiar with the vaccinations the military receives than you will ever be.
The written text of actual rules and judgments is better. You don't have to listen to some talking head try to convince you what it says.

Step one: Arrest people who employ illegals.
Republican Presidents do. It is Democrat Presidents who allow criminal employers to slide. Once again demonstrating leftist hypocrisy.

Step two: Get rid of Texas's right to work laws, support unions in whatever policy ways you can, raise the state minimum wage, enforce safety and other workplace rules.
That is beyond the authority of the federal government.

Step three: push foreign policy that supports human rights, foreign aid and anti-corruption in the sending countries.
Republican Presidents do. Once again it is Democrat Presidents who support human rights abuse, massive corruption, and even take bribes from those oppressive and corrupt nations. Your hypocrisy is still showing.

Step four: a mature approach to easing drug addiction in the US.
Good luck with that, there is no one who is mature in the Democratic Party. They are all simpering snowflakes with the emotional stability of twelve year-old children with massive self-delusions because they lack an education.

Step five: adequately fund asylum adjudications so they can happen more rapidly.
As long as they stay outside the US while they apply.

Presto! Citizens and legal residents take those jobs illegals used to. People don't come to the border because there is no wall.

Nah, I didn't think
It is very obvious that you didn't think. Leftists never do.

Federal law does not require being at a port of entry to apply for asylum.
Great! So put the military ALL along the border including ports of entry!

Great! So put the military ALL along the border including ports of entry!
The US military is federal, and under the control of the President. If Gov. Abbott declares that Texas is being invaded he can raise his own military force that answers only to the Governor of Texas. He can also put well-armed jet boats on the Rio Grande River in order to completely stop the invasion into Texas.

Texas is not in imminent danger. Declaring “invasion” is not a magic get-out-of-Constitution-free card.
The definition doesn't specify only an armed force. And the decision would have to be made in a courtroom.

Texas has been invaded quite a few times. I assume the Comanches moved in sometime from somewhere else. Then it was the Spanish, followed by Mexicans. Then Davy Crockett and others from the US. Then Santa Anna with more Mexicans going north to the Alamo. Then I assume some Yankees during the Civil War. Then Mexicans again. A pause with “Operation Wetback” (yes, they called it that), with the deportation of Mexicans, legal and illegal. Then thousands of Central Americans fleeing war and death squads.

What would be nice is if politicians would attempt explain the complexity of immigration, asylum, and the competing mandates monitoring the border involves, and even throw in a bit of history. Then again, politicians on both sides are tempted towards simplicities and fear-mongering on various topics. Here you have a visible border, a visible population of migrants. And thus, as I have noted before, people like Trump and his imitators rarely grumble about the less visible but just as illegal visa overstayers.

Republican Presidents do. It is Democrat Presidents who allow criminal employers to slide. Once again demonstrating leftist hypocrisy.
Somehow I think democrats are more likely to go after employers. The article suggest that both sides alternately ignored and cracked down on employers.
The federal government created the right to work possibility, through Taft-Hartley if I have it right. It could prohibit it, and states States
Republican Presidents do. Once again it is Democrat Presidents who support human rights abuse, massive corruption, and even take bribes from those oppressive and corrupt nations. Your hypocrisy is still showing.

Good luck with that, there is no one who is mature in the Democratic Party. They are all simpering snowflakes with the emotional stability of twelve year-old children with massive self-delusions because they lack an education.

As long as they stay outside the US while they apply.

It is very obvious that you didn't think. Leftists never do.

Cool. Sell it back to Mexico. Maybe a trade for Baja.

Or, let it go and watch the cartels devour its still wriggling body politic.

Response to Glitch continued: you suggested democrats supported human rights abuses. Recently Trump praised Duterte’s and Saddam’s approach. He suggested torture and war crimes. Back in the 1970s it was Carter who introduced a balanced international human rights approach and was attacked for it. Reagan came to office and supported governments by death squad in Central America and praised the fascist-like governments of Chile and Argentina. Conservative groups and the GOP honored one of the most vicious military figures, Roberto d’Abuisson, credited with have murdered an Archbishop
active in defending human rights.

Response to Glitch continued: you suggested democrats supported human rights abuses. Recently Trump praised Duterte’s and Saddam’s approach. He suggested torture and war crimes. Back in the 1970s it was Carter who introduced a balanced international human rights approach and was attacked for it. Reagan came to office and supported governments by death squad in Central America and praised the fascist-like governments of Chile and Argentina. Conservative groups and the GOP honored one of the most vicious military figures, Roberto d’Abuisson, credited with have murdered an Archbishop
And the love letters between Kim and Trump... Lol

Monday has come and gone.. Did Abbott “declare an invasion today”?

Response to Glitch continued: you suggested democrats supported human rights abuses.
Democrats do support human rights abuses, and they always have. They supported Fascist Italy and NAZI Germany back in the 1920s and 1930s, just like Democrats support China's human right abuses today. It is also the Democratic Party who is solely responsible for all human right abuses in the US. From the Trail of Tears in the 1830s under Democrat President Andrew Jackson, to the illegal arrest, imprisonment, and theft of Japanese-Americans during WW II by Democrat President Franklin Roosevelt.

Recently Trump praised Duterte’s and Saddam’s approach. He suggested torture and war crimes. Back in the 1970s it was Carter who introduced a balanced international human rights approach and was attacked for it. Reagan came to office and supported governments by death squad in Central America and praised the fascist-like governments of Chile and Argentina. Conservative groups and the GOP honored one of the most vicious military figures, Roberto d’Abuisson, credited with have murdered an Archbishop
You do comprehend that both Trump and Reagan were former Democrats pretending to be Republicans, right? Carter was a simpering coward, your stereotypical Democrat.

Only Democrats support human rights abuses, and they have for almost two centuries. That is not even counting slavery that Democrats also support, both then and now.

How's that militia going?

Back
Top Bottom