• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas Invasion

Depending on compensation it could be a rewarding job.

And anyone who machine guns unarmed civilians will promptly be thrown in jail by the federal government, no matter how hard you and Abbott sob about “invaders.”

But the federal government will have no authority in Texas under Glitches theory.... LOL... Biden will be impeached, out on trial (for what is not clear) convicted and sentenced...

Somewhere in this fantasy Trump rides in shirtless on a white steed... Still fleshing out the details...

Then ask yourself, why doesn't Texas use e-verify? Why don't they prosecute employers who hire illegals? Eliminate the incentive, right? Why don't Republican politicians even mention the employers who hire illegals? All they do is finger point , which BTW is what you're doing. Damn you're going all the way back to 1934 to blame the Dems.... lol
e-verify is used by all employers, not just those in Texas.

If you know any employers who have knowingly hired illegals, by all means report them to the proper authorities.

Reading comprehension is clearly not your strong suit, since I just got done posting about arresting employers who knowingly hire illegals. Get a clue.

"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it." It is very obvious that you aren't even aware of the history and clearly have no interest in learning from it.

As far as your point about unconstitutional Fed spending on social programs? That doesn't even deserve a response.
Well, I certainly wouldn't get an intelligent response from you. Thankfully, the Supreme Court has already responded on the matter in United States v. Butler, 297 U.S. 1 (1936), and we are both in agreement.

The counties the declared this are run by mainly hispanic councils.

You don't think they would know a border crisis when they see one?

WTF? These are county judges making these declarations, not councils...

Here is the county judge for Kinney County... You know, the one who declared an "invasion"...

download (1).jpeg

If you had a clue about US history you would know that Democrat President Polk deliberately lied to Congress about the location of the US troops that were attacked by Mexican forces. Polk had already ordered the US Army 100 miles into Mexico BEFORE they were attacked by Mexican forces. Polk deliberately provoked the war, and lied to Congress about it. This would be the beginning of a very common tradition among Democrat Presidents, from Wilson, to LBJ, to Clinton, always deliberately lying to Congress in order to provoke an unnecessary war.

LOL...

If you know any employers who have knowingly hired illegals, by all means report them to the proper authorities.

Reading comprehension is clearly not your strong suit, since I just got done posting about arresting employers who knowingly hire illegals. Get a clue.

"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it." It is very obvious that you aren't even aware of the history and clearly have no interest in learning from it.

Well, I certainly wouldn't get an intelligent response from you. Thankfully, the Supreme Court has already responded on the matter in United States v. Butler, 297 U.S. 1 (1936), and we are both in agreement.

You will never hear Republicans say one cross word about Americans who hire illegal labor. It is set up where only the illegals are arrested. Easy for Americans to hire illegal immigrants legally.

Is E-Verify mandatory? For most employers, E-Verify is voluntary and the overwhelming majority of the nation's 18 million employers do not participate in the E-Verify program

Abbott wants so bad to be the king of his own country, fighting off colored invaders with his white shiny face, putting the women back in the kitchen so his hungry white soldiers can eat good grub after ridding the world of all the filth.
Horse manure. You forgot to say something about his handicap.

😂

Gee bud, I’d say an actual invasion shows, rather clearly, that the border was a “problem” long before 1934.
Wikipedia is not a credible source.

However, the raid by Pancho Villa (which did not occur in Texas), was followed up by Gen. "Blackjack" Pershing and his 12,000 10th Calvary stomping around Mexico on a "Punitive" mission for three years and still couldn't find Pancho Villa. So why hasn't Biden invaded Mexico like President Wilson did? Mexico is invading with a lot more than the 1,200 men Pancho Villa had with him.

However, the raid by Pancho Villa (which did not occur in Texas), was followed up by Gen. "Blackjack" Pershing and his 12,000 10th Calvary stomping around Mexico on a "Punitive" mission for three years and still couldn't find Pancho Villa. So why hasn't Biden invaded Mexico like President Wilson did? Mexico is invading with a lot more than the 1,200 men Pancho Villa had with him.

Still waiting for answer... If federal law doesn't apply after Texas declares an invasion, do they still get representatives in congress?

Who cares? It’s was still a full on armed invasion of the United States long before you claimed the “border became a problem”.

Gee, probably because the US isn’t actually being invaded by Mexico....or anyone else. Duh.

You refuse to answer why Texas won't prosecute their employers who hire illegals. Since you lost this battle and now resort to name-calling...I'm done, but will leave you with this:

E Verify mandatory Texas

Under current Texas law, state agencies and institutions of higher education are required to use E-verify. Additionally, state contractors and sub-contractors must enroll in E-verify in order to qualify for public contracts.Mar 23, 2021...

The rest of employers in Texas don't have to use e-verify. State Agencies and higher education are required, no one else. 2 areas that would never, ever hire illegals anyway.. lol....

Given the current state of affairs, I wonder if Arizona will be making a move as well.

You will never hear Republicans say one cross word about Americans who hire illegal labor. It is set up where only the illegals are arrested. Easy for Americans to hire illegal immigrants legally.

Is E-Verify mandatory? For most employers, E-Verify is voluntary and the overwhelming majority of the nation's 18 million employers do not participate in the E-Verify program
I'm not a Republican, so why would I care?

E-Verify cannot be made mandatory, but all employers use it. I began using e-verify the same year it was publicly released in 1997. It was much easier than having the prospective employee produce the required documentation, which I would not have been able to tell if they were authentic or not. By using e-verify employers are performing their due diligence of not knowingly hiring someone who should not be employed in the US. I have also jumped through the immigration hoops as an employer to sponsor an H1B1 employee from the Czech Republic. Like I said, I fully support immigration, providing it is done legally.

Given the current state of affairs, I wonder if Arizona will be making a move as well.

Do you think Abbott will actually do it?

It is possible. But I think there would be some advance warning first. Like in Texas, with the counties making an official declaration first. It is still unclear how Gov. Abbott will react. The Arizona legislature did pass what many of the extreme left "open border" crowd took great offense when Obama was President. I'm not sure Arizona has the same legislature make-up today.

Five days ago several Texas counties officially declared that they were under an invasion.

As of this past Friday, Texas House Republicans are supporting the declarations, and pushing Governor Abbot to make a State-wide declaration

The reason this thread was posted in the Constitution sub-forum is because when a State officially declares it is being invaded the prohibitions placed on all States under Article I, Section 10, Clause 3 of the US Constitution disappear.

Should Governor Abbott officially declare that Texas is being invaded, he could:
  • Raise military troops that answer only to the Governor;
  • He can even house those military troops in private homes since the Third Amendment doesn't apply to States;
  • Arm ships of war;
  • Make compacts with other States and other foreign nations;
  • Pretty much do whatever the State of Texas needs to do to be secure against invasion; and
  • Do all of this without the consent of Congress.
It will be interesting to see what Governor Abbott does tomorrow.

The 14th Amendment applies the Bill of Rights to the states, so no, a state can’t violate the 3rd Amendment either.

The 14th Amendment applies the Bill of Rights to the states, so no, a state can’t violate the 3rd Amendment either.
I agree with your conclusion, however, it is not one the Supreme Court has made yet.

The Supreme Court just got around to incorporating the Eighth Amendment and applying it to the States in 2019. They have never had a case come before them concerning the Third Amendment, therefore they have not yet incorporated that amendment and applied it to the States. Until the Supreme Court makes that ruling, the Third Amendment only applies to the federal government.

Since Article I, Section 10, Clause 3 prohibits States from keeping troops without Congress' consent, the issue of States housing troops could never arise - "unless actually invaded, or in such imminent danger as will not admit of delay." Then the prohibitions of Article I, Section 10, Clause 3 against the State just disappear.

Last edited:
Then you would argue incorrectly, because the UN has already identified that migration from Mexico into the US is the deadliest land route in the world, and Biden is a major contributor.

Deadliest *TO THE MIGRANTS*

I agree with your conclusion, however, it is not one the Supreme Court has made yet.

The Supreme Court just got around to incorporating the Eighth Amendment and applying it to the States in 2019. They have never had a case come before them concerning the Third Amendment, therefore they have not yet incorporated that amendment and applied it to the States. Until the Supreme Court makes that ruling, the Third Amendment only applies to the federal government.

I'll ask again.. If you were a Texas State Guard member or state trooper, are you going to rely on this shaky theory and risk prosecution?

so while Fox News "personalities" preach about an "invasion", Fox News' website is simply brilliant again today.

1657545545426.png

Attachments

• 1657545483196.png
    1657545483196.png
    748.3 KB · Views: 3
Actually, the US Constitution was not that specific. All Article I, Section 10, Clause 3 of the US Constitution states is that the States are prohibited from certain powers without consent of Congress, "unless actually invaded, or in such imminent danger as will not admit of delay."

This is a problem of the Executive Branch failing to enforce existing immigration laws, which is resulting in "imminent danger" to both Texans as well as those who are illegally invading the US.

An invasive species does not create "imminent danger." Millions of illegal aliens, including the terrorists and drug pushers included within those illegal aliens, are an imminent danger not just to Texas, but to every State. Biden is facilitating crimes against Americans by not just refusing to enforce existing laws, but actively violating those laws by illegally shipping those illegal aliens (including documented terrorists) to other States. This will certainly be one of the first Articles of Impeachment against Biden this coming November when the GOP take back control of the House.
All the gop's enemies. It would make a good movie.

I'll ask again.. If you were a Texas State Guard member or state trooper, are you going to rely on this shaky theory and risk prosecution?
If I were a Texas State Guard member I would do my duty and follow lawful orders to the best of my ability. My Commander-In-Chief would also be Gov. Abbott, not President Biden. My entire Chain of Command would be State, and not federal. I would also not be bound by the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878, since that only applies to federal military troops (except the National Guard).

Guess this didn't work out after all.

Incorrect. Many Wikipedia entries include footnotes to reliable sources.

Guess this didn't work out. Shocking.

If I were a Texas State Guard member I would do my duty and follow lawful orders to the best of my ability. My Commander-In-Chief would also be Gov. Abbott, not President Biden. My entire Chain of Command would be State, and not federal. I would also not be bound by the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878, since that only applies to federal military troops (except the National Guard).

Would that be a lawful order? You would do that for $151/day?

Back
Top Bottom