• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas Invasion

Considering the federal government has already failed to hold up their constitutional obligation, let them sue. By aiding and abetting crimes against the US the Biden administration has already lost their case, and will be facing impeachment for his multitude of crimes after this coming November election.

LOL... Good luck in court counselor... Think they will have the votes in the senate to remove Biden?

LOL... Good luck in court counselor... Think they will have the votes in the senate to remove Biden?
Gotta remember, this is glitchworld. You know the guy who had to flee to the alaska wilderness because society was too much for him.

There are two valid points of view.

First, tens of thousands of people are illegally streaming across the border. They are having a negative impact on the Americans living in that area.

It is no secret that the federal Administration is sympathetic toward the migrants, and so it has already allowed in hundreds of thousands who have already been resettled in various parts of this nation.

It is understandable that the Governor is trying to stop this chaos.

Second, when I see those migrants (on FOX, of course), I cannot but feel sympathy for them. I have noticed that they are generally well-behaved. Some do try to run from border guards, but when they are caught, 99% (?) cooperate and meekly line up for processing.

It is hard not to feel sorry for them. They come from perfectly dreadful countries where it impossible to make a decent living. So it is understandable that they have determined to come here. This is truly a paradise for them (free education for their kids, at least free emergency medical care, help in finding housing, assistance in buying food, and -- above all -- JOBS that allow them to send money back to their relatives).

I am not very smart, but as long as there's a Dem Administration, more and more migrants will be coming and allowed in.

I hope that the Governor and the Administration can act like adults and come to some compromise.

But I realize that is simply asking for too much.
If Gov. Abbott declares a State of Emergency for Texas as a result of this invasion, he can put a complete stop to all immigration into Texas by any means he deems necessary. Including the use of military force.

Gotta remember, this is glitchworld. You know the guy who had to flee to the alaska wilderness because society was too much for him.

Imagine being a trooper or member of the NG and being ordered to deport someone based on this theory. If Abbott is wrong, you PERSONALLY could be prosecuted on federal kidnapping charges.

I suspect if Texas tries this, their national guard will simply be federalized and ordered not to follow Abbot's orders.

If Gov. Abbott declares a State of Emergency for Texas as a result of this invasion, he can put a complete stop to all immigration into Texas by any means he deems necessary. Including the use of military force.

If you were a trooper or member of the NG and Abbott declares and invasion based on this theory, would you PERSONALLY risk federal kidnapping charges if Abbott is wrong?

I suspect if Texas tries this, their national guard will simply be federalized and ordered not to follow Abbot's orders.

Bingo... Abbott can call out the Texas State Guard... Assuming they can get their fat asses off the couch, they can march around going hut-hut...

Republicans had 2 full years (2017-2019) to ''close the border'... Texas has had years to put e-verify in place and enforce it..

Neither happened...

But hey.. Constantly blaming everyone else for the illegal immigration problem keeps the Republican base all riled up.. And their gullible base falls for the lies and BS every time.

Imagine being a trooper or member of the NG and being ordered to deport someone based on this theory. If Abbott is wrong, you PERSONALLY could be prosecuted on federal kidnapping charges.
The National Guard are federal troops. Governors are required to obtain permission from the President before they can be used. However, in Texas' case they have a State militia that is entirely under the control of the Governor. The Texas State Guard. The Third Brigade of the Texas State Guard area of operation is already along the Mexico/Texas border.

The first priority would be to stop the invasion from continuing. Once that was accomplished then they can worry about the illegal aliens already in the US.

Republicans had 2 full years (2017-2019) to ''close the border'... Texas has had years to put e-verify in place and enforce it..

Neither happened...

But hey.. Constantly blaming everyone else for the illegal immigration problem keeps the Republican base all riled up.. And their gullible base falls for the lies and BS every time.
While the border was certainly not secure, it was also less than half of the illegal aliens Biden is allowing in every year. The number of illegal aliens entering the US in 2021 more than doubled the number in 2020, as have the number of deaths.

The National Guard are federal troops. Governors are required to obtain permission from the President before they can be used. However, in Texas' case they have a State militia that is entirely under the control of the Governor. The Texas State Guard. The Third Brigade of the Texas State Guard area of operation is already along the Mexico/Texas border.

The first priority would be to stop the invasion from continuing. Once that was accomplished then they can worry about the illegal aliens already in the US.

Dude, I LIVE in Texas and am well aware of the cosplay Texas State Guard... LMAO... There are less than 2,000 members of the Texas State Guard... On a good weekend, you might get half to show up... Maybe they will have a jamboree.. And they can STILL be prosecuted if Abbott's theory is wrong...

Dude, I LIVE in Texas and am well aware of the cosplay Texas State Guard... LMAO... There are less than 2,000 members of the Texas State Guard... On a good weekend, you might get half to show up... Maybe they will have a jamboree
That may be, but while Article I, Section 10, Clause 3 remains in effect Texas is prohibited from having military troops without the consent of Congress. Once Gov. Abbott declares that Texas is being invaded then that constitutional prohibition disappears and Gov. Abbott could raise a military force, including arming river boats with heavy machine guns to patrol the Rio Grande River. Everything depends on Gov. Abbott and whether or not he will make a State-wide declaration, like the Texas State House Republicans are demanding.

FYI: This was the purpose for the prefatory clause of the Second Amendment. "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State..."

That may be, but while Article I, Section 10, Clause 3 remains in effect Texas is prohibited from having military troops without the consent of Congress. Once Gov. Abbott declares that Texas is being invaded then that constitutional prohibition disappears and Gov. Abbott could raise a military force, including arming river boats with heavy machine guns to patrol the Rio Grande River. Everything depends on Gov. Abbott and whether or not he will make a State-wide declaration, like the Texas State House Republicans are demanding.

LOL... Abbott has ALREADY spend $4 BILLION on Operation Lone Star.... How much do you think this new military force is going to cost? Would you PERSONALLY risk being prosecuted on federal kidnapping charges based on this theory? In this fantasy of yours, do you see them gunning down immigrants on the Rio Grande? What do you think the reaction will be by the federal government?

LOL... Abbott has ALREADY spend $4 BILLION on Operation Lone Star.... How much do you think this new military force is going to cost? Would you PERSONALLY risk being prosecuted on federal kidnapping charges based on this theory? In this fantasy of yours, do you see them gunning down immigrants on the Rio Grande? What do you think the reaction will be by the federal government?
It would not cost nearly as much as you might think, and there would be no federal charges. Because this administration would cease to exist after Biden's impeachment, removal from office, and subsequent trial, conviction, and sentencing.

A few 25-foot aluminum flat-bottom jets boat with an M2 mounted on the front, and maybe 4 or 5 well-armed personnel per boat. It shouldn't cost more than a few hundred thousand. Which will more than pay for itself in the American lives it will save.

While the border was certainly not secure, it was also less than half of the illegal aliens Biden is allowing in every year. The number of illegal aliens entering the US in 2021 more than doubled the number in 2020, as have the number of deaths.
Why wasn't it secure from 2017-2019? 2 full years? And total control of the government by the Republicans. Why? You're saying Texas can and should shut it down now. Why didn't they do it then?

Also take away the job incentive, that takes away the reason for illegals to come here. How come TEXAS, yes TEXAS, barely uses e-verify?

Republicans don't want to close the border, they talk tough, but their business donors want immigrants. So all your politicians do is talk, but do nothing. Sad thing is the Republican base falls for their lies and BS...

It would not cost nearly as much as you might think, and there would be no federal charges. Because this administration would cease to exist after Biden's impeachment, removal from office, and subsequent trial, conviction, and sentencing.

A few 25-foot aluminum flat-bottom jets boat with an M2 mounted on the front, and maybe 4 or 5 well-armed personnel. It shouldn't cost more than a few hundred thousand. Which will more than pay for itself in the American lives it will save.

LMAO...So there will be no federal law in Texas? Essentially seceding from the union? How then will Biden be impeached if Texas is no longer part of the United States? Do you think there might be people on the other side of the Rio Grande who have "resources" capable of taking out an aluminum flat-bottom boat with 4-5 armed personnel?

Why wasn't it secure from 2017-2019? 2 full years? And total control of the government by the Republicans. Why? You're saying Texas can and should shut it down now. Why didn't they do it then?

Also take away the job incentive, that takes away the reason for illegals to come here. How come TEXAS, yes TEXAS, barely uses e-verify?

Republicans don't want to close the border, they talk tough, but their business donors want immigrants. So all your politicians do is talk, but do nothing. Sad thing is the Republican base falls for their lies and BS...

Hey, those immigrants almost certainly are being paid more than Texas State Guard members... Texas SG are all paid the same state activation duty pay of $151/day by law. A general and a private in the TXSG makes $151/day when activated... :ROFLMAO:

Five days ago several Texas counties officially declared that they were under an invasion.

As of this past Friday, Texas House Republicans are supporting the declarations, and pushing Governor Abbot to make a State-wide declaration

The reason this thread was posted in the Constitution sub-forum is because when a State officially declares it is being invaded the prohibitions placed on all States under Article I, Section 10, Clause 3 of the US Constitution disappear.

Should Governor Abbott officially declare that Texas is being invaded, he could:
  • Raise military troops that answer only to the Governor;
  • He can even house those military troops in private homes since the Third Amendment doesn't apply to States;
  • Arm ships of war;
  • Make compacts with other States and other foreign nations;
  • Pretty much do whatever the State of Texas needs to do to be secure against invasion; and
  • Do all of this without the consent of Congress.
It will be interesting to see what Governor Abbott does tomorrow.
1657541237902.png

Attention mods, that is not a threat, it's a joke about hyperbole.

The border (neither of them) has never been secure, but it also was never a problem before 1934. Once Democrats began violating the US Constitution and illegally spend taxpayer money on social programs the illegals began pouring across the border. That is also what caused the vast majority of blacks to switch from the Republican Party to the Democratic Party.

I fully support prosecuting employers who knowingly hire illegal aliens. I also support prosecuting anyone caught manufacturing or using forged documentation concerning citizenship. I have absolutely no problem taking away the incentives, including abolishing all unconstitutional federal social spending. Only the States have the exclusive constitutional authority to spending taxpayer money on social programs. Follow those three criteria and you will eliminate any incentive anyone might have to enter the country illegally.

I fully support immigration, but only legal immigration.

The border (neither of them) has never been secure, but it also was never a problem before 1934. Once Democrats began violating the US Constitution and illegally spend taxpayer money on social programs the illegals began pouring across the border. That is also what caused the vast majority of blacks to switch from the Republican Party to the Democratic Party.

LMAO...

FYI: This was the purpose for the prefatory clause of the Second Amendment. "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State..."

And anyone who machine guns unarmed civilians will promptly be thrown in jail by the federal government, no matter how hard you and Abbott sob about “invaders.”

I fully support prosecuting employers who knowingly hire illegal aliens. I also support prosecuting anyone caught manufacturing or using forged documentation concerning citizenship. I have absolutely no problem taking away the incentives, including abolishing all unconstitutional federal social spending. Only the States have the exclusive constitutional authority to spending taxpayer money on social programs. Follow those three criteria and you will eliminate any incentive anyone might have to enter the country illegally.

Then ask yourself, why doesn't Texas use e-verify? Why don't they prosecute employers who hire illegals? Eliminate the incentive, right? Why don't Republican politicians even mention the employers who hire illegals? All they do is finger point , which BTW is what you're doing. Damn you're going all the way back to 1934 to blame the Dems.... lol

As far as your point about unconstitutional Fed spending on social programs? That doesn't even deserve a response.

😂

Gee bud, I’d say an actual invasion shows, rather clearly, that the border was a “problem” long before 1934.

If you had a clue about US history you would know that Democrat President Polk deliberately lied to Congress about the location of the US troops that were attacked by Mexican forces. Polk had already ordered the US Army 100 miles into Mexico BEFORE they were attacked by Mexican forces. Polk deliberately provoked the war, and lied to Congress about it. This would be the beginning of a very common tradition among Democrat Presidents, from Wilson, to LBJ, to Clinton, always deliberately lying to Congress in order to provoke an unnecessary war.

How stupid.

Its Texas, its run by stupid people, stop eating their bullshit.
The counties the declared this are run by mainly hispanic councils.

You don't think they would know a border crisis when they see one?

Back
Top Bottom