• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas GOP: We’re Gonna Try To Leave The Union Again!

To make an omelet a few eggs must be broken. Collateral damage

That just might be the most pathetic attempt at justifying the atrocities they committed that I’ve seen yet.

Why would they need to be "justified"?

Because they mass murdered vast numbers of innocent people.

Hence your laughable attempt to “justify” their crimes.

Duh.

Because they mass murdered vast numbers of innocent people.

Hence your laughable attempt to “justify” their crimes.

Duh.
So? define "vast"? How many innocent people would it be justified to kill to oppose communism?

You do know that communism is bad thing don't you?

but not federal ones most of whom are worthless and bring no real value, in fact they’re parasites. Texas would have a postal system if independent.
So you’re saying Texas would be poorer because we wouldn’t be killing brown people overseas at weddings?

It’s really quite funny watching the guy who idolizes thugs like Franco and Pinochet pretend to care about “brown people being killed at weddings”.
[/QUOTE]
Franco and Pinochet Had to protect their own people from subversives within their own borders. They did not go abroad to kill civilians who did not harm their own people
[/QUOTE]
One more time and then I'll give up. Maybe you'll figure it out some day.
I'm not talking about the services that the Federal jobs provide. I know you don't care about anything the government does and don't put any value on these services. I'm talking about the money that these people get paid by the Federal government. What do they do with that money? They SPEND it. Mostly IN TEXAS. If those jobs go away, the workers won't have that money to spend in Texas. That money won't be coming into the Texas economy Got it now? I don't know how to make it any simpler.

So? define "vast"? How many innocent people would it be justified to kill to oppose communism?

Uh....none.

You are aware of what the word “innocent” means, right?

Intentionally murdering innocent people, to point out the blindingly obvious, is not a good thing.

Franco was responsible for around 100,000 deaths.

Pinochet himself order the brutal torture of tens of thousands, all though his death toll wasn’t as high as Franco’s.

So, let me get this right.
You're ok with killing quite a few people if you think it somehow stops communism?

You don't see a problem with that stance at all? With actual mass murder?

Really? Really?

Uh....none.

Intentionally murdering innocent people, to point out the blindingly obvious, is not a good thing.

Pinochet himself order the brutal torture of tens of thousands, all though his death toll wasn’t as high as Franco’s.

innocent people are killed even in the best of times. And allow communists to obtain power and the number of innocent people murdered becomes taggering.

You you deny that?

So, let me get this right.
You're ok with killing quite a few people if you think it somehow stops communism?

You don't see a problem with that stance at all? With actual mass murder?

Really? Really?

Not "quite a few people". But I accept a certain number of deaths of innocent people to stop communists. Any reasonable person would.

Is that a wise move on their part?

They cant even keep their power plants running without help from Big Gummint....LOL.

Not "quite a few people". But I accept a certain number of deaths of innocent people to stop communists. Any reasonable person would.

-chuckle-
:LOL:

I think that’s a question for YOU. If communism‘s worst instincts is to murder human beings, and you’re supporting an ideology that believes there is no limit to the number of humans who can be murdered to support it, I’m not seeing the improvement on communism.

innocent people are killed even in the best of times. And allow communists to obtain power and the number of innocent people murdered becomes taggering.

You you deny that?
Are you really saying that its better to get murdered by a Nazi than a Communist? Really??!!!!

You you deny that?

Oh look, another equally weak attempt to “justify” their campaigns of mass murder.

Your argument is truly pathetic and nothing you said excuses the mass murders carried out by Franco and Pinochet.

I must be unreasonable then as any deaths are unacceptable to me.
The fear of communism by people like you is just insane.
Communism is not coming to America.

I must be unreasonable then as any deaths are unacceptable to me.
The fear of communism by people like you is just insane.
Communism is not coming to America.
Not now.

In the 1930 or 70s that was not remotely as certain.

Texas is wasting their time. In fact, I’d be stunned if most of the people pushing the idea actually believed it was a good one. Sounds like a way to stir the partisan pot.

Why wouldn't a company come to a more business friendly country that would be able to trade and interact still with the US? You act like no other countries do business with the world and succeed.

They'd be able to trade, but you forget that the strength of these companies is not Texas, but the United States. Even small trade barriers are much worse than none.

The neoconfederates among us think everything will be the same except for an international border. It wouldn't be. There's no way it could be.

That just might be the most pathetic attempt at justifying the atrocities they committed that I’ve seen yet.

Franco and Pinochet are heroes to these people. They wanted Trump to be their strong dictator who would jail and kill liberals.

Uh....none.

No, Franco was not responsible for 100,000 deaths.

Outside of directing military action his only role in deaths was affirming death sentences passed by military courts. Either on soldiers convicted at courts martial or tribunals established judge those accused of violating the law of political responsibilities. Franco did not, nor did he have the legal power, to simply kill someone or order them killed. The Junta of National Defense and later the Spanish state operated under rule of law, unlike the “Republic” were left wing political parties were given carte Blanche to assasinate at will, even the Republic’s police were allowed to assasinate members of parliament.

Are you seriously trying to deny Franco and Pinochet murdered vast numbers of innocent people in the name of “anti communism”?
Well I don’t view people of the same ideology as Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao and Castro as “innocent” people. They have stated loudly and clearly what they will do if allowed to gain power.

There’s contemporary accounts of Spanish leftists driving into rural villages and murdering priests and burning the elderly alive, so you think that when the nationalists won that there was some score settling? You bet!

And who’s fault was that?

No, Franco was not responsible for 100,000 deaths.

Outside of directing military action his only role in deaths was affirming death sentences passed by military courts. Either on soldiers convicted at courts martial or tribunals established judge those accused of violating the law of political responsibilities. Franco did not, nor did he have the legal power, to simply kill someone or order them killed. The Junta of National Defense and later the Spanish state operated under rule of law, unlike the “Republic” were left wing political parties were given carte Blanche to assasinate at will, even the Republic’s police were allowed to assasinate members of parliament.

Franco absolutely was responsible for at least a hundred thousand deaths between the mass murders conducted during the war and his repression after the war.

Claiming that he operated under any “rule of law” was a bad joke.

Well I don’t view people of the same ideology as Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao and Castro as “innocent” people. They have stated loudly and clearly what they will do if allowed to gain power.

There’s contemporary accounts of Spanish leftists driving into rural villages and murdering priests and burning the elderly alive, so you think that when the nationalists won that there was some score settling? You bet!

And who’s fault was that?
Both sides were at fault

Back
Top Bottom