• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas GOP: We’re Gonna Try To Leave The Union Again!

Aunt Antifa

Vaccinated-American
Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Texas was it's own country for nearly a decade. If Texas became it's own republic again it would be one of the largest economies in the world. I'd be for it honestly.

Texas was it's own country for nearly a decade. If Texas became it's own republic again it would be one of the largest economies in the world. I'd be for it honestly.

You can leave this country *anytime* you want. Same goes for any resident in all states.

Nonsense... Most of the corporations that have moved here would leave... The days of no state income tax would end abruptly when all those federal dollars that flow into Texas evaporated... The issue of secession was settled long ago... These kind of meaningless votes are for the idiots...

Nonsense... Most of the corporations that have moved here would leave... The days of no state income tax would end abruptly when all those federal dollars that flow into Texas evaporated... The issue of secession was settled long ago... These kind of meaningless votes are for the idiots...
I wonder how well Texas would fair if all they had was their national guard to protect them once the national military pulls out.

I wonder how well Texas would fair if all they had was their national guard to protect them once the national military pulls out.

I don't doubt that Texas could muster up forces to protect itself IF it became its own country but the cost in real dollars would make all those low tax rates that seem to drive most of this BS go away in a heartbeat.

I don't doubt that Texas could muster up forces to protect itself IF it became its own country but the cost in real dollars would make all those low tax rates that seem to drive most of this BS go away in a heartbeat.

Don’t forget all the new fancy tariffs we’d get to impose on them. The additional cost for citizens of New TexasLand to come to *our* country. Not to mention the giant ****ing wall we’d get to build.

Wow. Maybe we do want this.

Allan West got his Congressional ass kicked out of FL 22nd district because he was a nut job. He's still entertaining folks with his political slapstick routine. I wish he'd run again just for the joy of seeing him lose again. A rubber room and a straight-jacket for this guy.

You can leave this country *anytime* you want. Same goes for any resident in all states.

What makes you think I want to leave the US? I love my country. All I am saying is that if Texas actually did become its own country again i'd be supportive and would stay in Texas.

Don’t forget all the new fancy tariffs we’d get to impose on them. The additional cost for citizens of New TexasLand to come to *our* country. Not to mention the giant ****ing wall we’d get to build.

Wow. Maybe we do want this.

You're assuming Texas would be treated poorly? You're probably right though considering how weak the current administration treats countries like Iran.

Protect itself from who? The US? Mexico? Which random nation is invading Texas? Don't forget also that millions of Texans own firearms as well so the defense would not be tied solely to some national guard.

Not with the proposed corporate tax hikes that the democrats want to impose.

I can just imagine texas standing alone and having another harvey or big freeze hit them again. No federal help. I say go for it and good riddance.

You're assuming Texas would be treated poorly? You're probably right though considering how weak the current administration treats countries like Iran.

Well, now that you bring it up:

Should the United States allow Texas to acquire nukes if it was sovereign? We’d have to make sure you weren’t a military threat, right? So yes, we’d have to impose lots of safeguards to keep our citizens safe.

All *sorts* of delicious questions arise from this, doncha think?

What makes you think I want to leave the US? I love my country. All I am saying is that if Texas actually did become its own country again i'd be supportive and would stay in Texas.
Huh? If texas left the union you would no longer be a part of america. So you either love your country or support leaving your country. Which is it?

I can just imagine texas standing alone and having another harvey or big freeze hit them again. No federal help. I say go for it and good riddance.

It's kinda telling that you look forward to people suffering just because of where they live.

Texas GOP: We’re Gonna Try To Leave The Union Again!
Please let them...might balance the budget right there.

Texas would no longer be a part of the union and get no tax dollars from it.

Why wouldn't a company come to a more business friendly country that would be able to trade and interact still with the US? You act like no other countries do business with the world and succeed.

Back
Top Bottom