• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tennessee goes full "Scarlet Letter" on inclusive restrooms

Prove that this is a problem. Prove that trans women are doing this more often than cis women are.

(Notice, in case you struggle with reading comprehension, that I did NOT ask for just a single example.)

Are you going to apologise for lying, claiming that I supported genital inspections whe you knew that I had condemned them?

More blatant bigotry ignoring facts, science and reality LMAO
that sit be proud advertise it for all!!!!

To say transwomen are women requires you to reject the dictionary definition of the word woman.

Now you may choose to do that if you want, but to accuse a person of bigotry and ignoring facts for doing nothing more than accepting a dictionary definition is pretty Orwellian.

Last edited:
To say transwomen are women requires you to reject the dictionary definition of the word woman.

Now you may choose to do that if you want, but to accuse a person of bigotry and ignoring facts for doing nothing more than accepting a dictionary definition is pretty Orwellian.
The medical field has already surpassed that definition, more than 50 years ago. Who has more knowledge of human sexuality, a lexicographer or an MD?

The medical field has already surpassed that definition, more than 50 years ago. Who has more knowledge of human sexuality, a lexicographer or an MD?

What does sexuality have to do with this? Sexuality is who you are attracted to.
Do you have a link to say the medical community regarded transwomen as literally women 50 years ago?

You think dictionaries don't consult with scientists when writing them?? You think dictionaries, that have already introduced new words and meanings as a result of the covid pandemic in the past year, are using definitions 50 years out of date?

This is a freedom of speech thing. These should be challenged in court. Doing this serves no legitimate purpose since a business has no right to know anyone's biological sex to begin with (and likely wouldn't agree on what leads to it). Someone who is intersexed could simply go into either restroom in a business that doesn't have such a sign and force them to put up a sign as well since they would count as either sex. I'd do it and fight it that way if I were intersexed, force them to put up those signs in every single space, making them useless/pointless, making a big deal about it. I'm all about finding ways to make these sort of stupid laws completely useless.

This is a freedom of speech thing. These should be challenged in court. Doing this serves no legitimate purpose since a business has no right to know anyone's biological sex to begin with (and likely wouldn't agree on what leads to it). Someone who is intersexed could simply go into either restroom in a business that doesn't have such a sign and force them to put up a sign as well since they would count as either sex. I'd do it and fight it that way if I were intersexed, force them to put up those signs in every single space, making them useless/pointless, making a big deal about it. I'm all about finding ways to make these sort of stupid laws completely useless.
I'm guessing TN is going to be keeping their lawyers busy for awhile.

It's a misunderstanding that anyone who is intersex (DSD) is either both or neither one sex. Many DSD conditions apply only to one of the sexes. For example, 46 xx gonadal dysgenesis is a DSD condition that only affects females. Someone with 46 xx gonadal dysgenesis is a female, not a male or something inbetween.

It's a misunderstanding that anyone who is intersex (DSD) is either both or neither one sex. Many DSD conditions apply only to one of the sexes. For example, 46 xx gonadal dysgenesis is a DSD condition that only affects females. Someone with 46 xx gonadal dysgenesis is a female, not a male or something inbetween.
I'm not saying that all intersexed people are both. I'm saying there are some intersexed people (many in fact) who can be considered "both or neither". They would be able to defy this law by simply bringing up that they could be considered "either" based on how people want to determine biological sex.

I was commenting on how stupid this law is and how it can be made ineffective rather quickly by pointing out such hypocrisy and attempts to do harm to those businesses that respect their customers' actual privacy.

:oops: 😂Nope, if factually does not.
Facts, definitions and science prove your claim wrong. If you want to stick to some 1950's definition out of "a" dictionary that is YOUR issue and only exposes your topical ignorance. Ill be sticking with facts and science, thanks!

Are you going to apologise for lying, claiming that I supported genital inspections whe you knew that I had condemned them?

You have been repeatedly asked to show which post you did that in. All I've seen from you is a bunch of worthless transphobic shit.

Your use of an outdated definition undermines your whole argument, no matter how loudly you whine and cry to the contrary.

Making life better for trans people is "pretty Orwellian." Yeah OK. :rolleyes:

I wish that you'd come clean about your anti-trans views. Your denial is not a good look for you.

To reinforce a delusion to the deluded. We do not help the paranoid schizophrenic by confirming that "They" really are out to get tthem

clearly you do not understand the terms you use nor the maladies you speak to

Given that his claims (that, rather than being rooted in physical reality, gender is entirely socialized and/or choose-your-own-adventure) failed in his own case study, which does not seem to have stopped him, I don't think I'd hold his efforts up as exactly a paragon of evidence.

Okedoke: in what other instance, when the mind disagrees with physical reality, do we decide that it is physical reality that is incorrect?

No. I am for treating the sick.
They arent sick though. Nobody just decided gender was socially constructed, its always been that way and by definition. I would like to see your diagnostic credentials for calling them sick and calling them schizophrenic.

Nope. Its not a dictionary definition either. I already debunked that. You are a bigot, its that simple ;). You also dont understand orwell. Expanding definitions are not orwellian. The purpose of newspeak was to eliminate the words we can use to describe something, narrow the definitions down so that you cannot have the language to describe your subjugation. I want to expand definitions to deal with new observations.

Last edited:
What does sexuality have to do with this? Sexuality is who you are attracted to.
Do you have a link to say the medical community regarded transwomen as literally women 50 years ago?

You think dictionaries don't consult with scientists when writing them?? You think dictionaries, that have already introduced new words and meanings as a result of the covid pandemic in the past year, are using definitions 50 years out of date?
Sexual orientation is who you are attracted to. Human sexuality is the field of study.

The fact that John Money was doing research on whether gender identity was nature or nurture means that the medical field had accepted gender identity as fact and was trying to determine its origins.

Sexual orientation is who you are attracted to. Human sexuality is the field of study.

The fact that John Money was doing research on whether gender identity was nature or nurture means that the medical field had accepted gender identity as fact and was trying to determine its origins.

Not disputing gender identity was accepted as fact, I'm asking you to provide a link showing the medical community regarded transwomen as literally women 50 years ago.

Not disputing gender identity was accepted as fact, I'm asking you to provide a link showing the medical community regarded transwomen as literally women 50 years ago.
Is Johns Hopkins Medical Center good enough for you that trans women are women? That was 54 years ago.

In 1966 Johns Hopkins University opened the first sex reassignment surgery clinic in America. The Hopkins Gender Identity Clinic was made up of two plastic surgeons, two psychiatrists, two psychologists, a gynecologist, a urologist, and a pediatrician.

Ill go further than that. Germany in the weimar era.

You have been repeatedly asked to show which post you did that in. All I've seen from you is a bunch of worthless transphobic shit.

Your use of an outdated definition undermines your whole argument, no matter how loudly you whine and cry to the contrary.

Making life better for trans people is "pretty Orwellian." Yeah OK. :rolleyes:

I wish that you'd come clean about your anti-trans views. Your denial is not a good look for you.

I've already quoted my post and gave you the post number. I know you saw my quote and you still denied I said it.

You knowingly lied and refused to apologise when called out.

Is Johns Hopkins Medical Center good enough for you that trans women are women? That was 54 years ago.

Nothing in that quote says that.

Nothing in that quote says that.
Johns Hopkins would not be opening a gender clinic if they didn't believe that trans people were the same as their gender identity and treating them with hormones and surgery. That is Logic 101.

If you claim to know so much why didn't you tell me how you believe that a person is supposedly"transitioned" because you and other social conservatives seem to think this is some sick black magic process cooked up by Dr. Mengele.

Conservatives have coughed up this intellectual hairball that trans people are delusional but you cannot show once that a Dr has ever put their license on the line and commit malpractice by administering meds for delusions instead of following the accepted and proven path of hormones and then surgery. Reparative there is banned for children and banned completely in many states because it is both ineffective and dangerous.

What is it about the existence of trans people has you so triggered that you reject facts? Where are you getting your information that claims that being trans is a delusion?

Last edited:
I used to struggle with this topic for some of the same reasons we see here. Genetics tell, extremely rare, transitions aren't perfect, etc.

But it eventually occurred to me that the trans folk know all that also, and very likely much better than I do, what with all the counseling typically required to get treatments.

And to some of them, it is still worthwhile to proceed with their transition, whether "complete" or not.

And who am I to object to that? Upon what experience shall I stack my advice to that person?

I don't buy the "they'll rape our kids in the bathroom" angle, because there's never been anything to actually prevent that, and it's not an actual problem. If anyone pulls something like that, they should obviously be arrested irrespective of their genitalia.

These people are dealing with something most of us don't. It's not like telling them they are wrong is an effective treatment.

Offer them something they will agree is better, or just go on about your business.

The SCOTUS has already settled the question. Post #3.

How can trans people be a threat to anyone when women's bathrooms have all stalls with a lock? What kind of person are you?

How is what you are claiming, that doesn't happen, even possible?
bathroom.jpg
ALLY MCBEAL lol

The bill’s sponsor, state Rep. Tim Rudd (R), said that it isn’t aimed at transgender people since it doesn’t ban them from using the restroom altogether.
Instead, he says it’s aimed at “the protection of women and children against sexual predators that could be taking advantage of policies, executive orders or legislation that may allow the opposite sex to enter a restroom, shower or locker that allows more than one person in the facility at a time.”

:rolleyes:

Whatever. I am pretty sure the kind of shenanigans Tim Rudd gets up to in bathrooms are nothing like what I encounter. I do not and have never needed any protection in a bathroom.

Back
Top Bottom