• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tennessee goes full "Scarlet Letter" on inclusive restrooms

You cannot punish a group of people before the crime has ever happens, especially when the past 30+ years says that it doesn't happen. You, like other conservatives cannot get passed the idea that trans females are not men because your ideas are expecting them to act like men, but they wouldn't be transgendered females if they acted like men.
There are plenty who are not, they were either misdiagnosed, self-diagnosed, coached into it by abusive parents, media influence, or money-hungry providers, or simply "transvestites" pretending to be women so that they can prey on children.

If they are, then a simple genetic test should be able to reveal if the DNA or brain does not match the physical organs.

The businesses have made the decision to forgo men's and women's bathrooms in favor of unisex ones.

which is what every business and public area should do.

Of course then the guys in skirts would be upset because they would not be "special."

You cannot punish a group of people before the crime has ever happens, especially when the past 30+ years says that it doesn't happen. You, like other conservatives cannot get passed the idea that trans females are not men because your ideas are expecting them to act like men, but they wouldn't be transgendered females if they acted like men.

Is someone claiming trans women are going to transform into pedophile predators if given access to a bathroom again?

So incredibly stupid.

"transvestites" pretending to be women so that they can prey on children.

OMG, this is such a stupid post.

Pedophiles are not transvestites or trans anything.

Pedophiles are pedophiles and can be found involved in kids activities like scouts, church and coaching kids sports. A pedophile wants to blend in not stand out by wearing a dress, except for priests of course.

Sometimes the ignorance of the posts here is astounding. 🤡

Last edited:
According to the law, that's false.

Much as in legal philosophy, there is a difference between a vagina "in a vaccum", and a vagina within the whole context of the act in which the exposure occurs.

Right, violating a person's rights is immoral - some people don't share that moral opinion, but the law doesn't care in regards to how it legislates the morality of a victim's rights.
The morality of it is irrelevant. There are places in the Bible that permit both rape and murder, so stop with your religious morality nonsense because if we were enforcing religious morality then killing atheists and members of other religions would be legally permitted and encouraged. The bible also permits slavery. You are no better than people who support the state enforcing religious law. I am not going to permit a Christian ISIL to occur. We have the separation of church and state to prevent that bronze age violence from happening here. Keep your myths to yourself.

Deuteronomy 17-3
If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or your daughter or the wife you embrace or your friend who is as your own soul entices you secretly, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which neither you nor your fathers have known, some of the gods of the peoples who are around you, whether near you or far off from you, from the one end of the earth to the other, you shall not yield to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him, nor shall you conceal him. But you shall kill him. Your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. You shall stone him to death with stones, because he sought to draw you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
Is someone claiming trans women are going to transform into pedophile predators if given access to a bathroom again?

So incredibly stupid.
Trans people aren't pedophiles. They should go arrest republican politicians and priests/youth minsters instead.

Trans people aren't pedophiles. They should go arrest republican politicians and priests/youth minsters instead.

The republicans do seem to step up when it comes to illegal sex acts.

If I were to venture a guess, I'd assume it's because a penis can penetrate a girl, but a vagina can't penetrate a boy.

I find that a rather shaky premise

Doesn't matter, the law says that either one could be harmed.

My comment was not about the law. It was about the arguments given. About how those who oppose transgenders or homosexuals always talk about the threat of gay men, or MtF transgenders, but never gay women or FtM. I'm calling out their hypocrisy.

Tennessee Rethuglicans have decided: Bathroom bills should return.

Just so we're clear, those Rethuglicans want to force businesses to make it public if trans people are allowed to simply go to the correct restroom. They don't care that trans people have NEVER been a threat to cis people, and that all the transphobic claims of trans men attacking cis girls in the restroom amounted to precisely nothing. Those Rethuglicans need to stop getting their idea from the Scarlet Letter and start purging the sexual predators that keep emerging from their own ranks.
Will Delootercrats purge the pervs and predators from their ranks? Hmmm?

I find that a rather shaky premise

My comment was not about the law. It was about the arguments given. About how those who oppose transgenders or homosexuals always talk about the threat of gay men, or MtF transgenders, but never gay women or FtM. I'm calling out their hypocrisy.

Transgender is only an adjective, not a noun. Now then...you are right, transphobes rarely get upset about FtM people. My conjecture is that:

1. Transphobes tend to be the kind of people who believe that sex must be vanilla, missionary sex between one woman and one man. A transphobic, straight man is extremely unlikely to date an FtM man, but he might date an MtF woman. Speaking from personal experience, satisfying sex between a cis and trans person is just as possible as between cis people, but these transphobes refuse to understand that. Few things trigger those transphobic men more than not getting the kind of sex that they feel entitled to.

2. The transphobic freakout over trans girls in sports is a paranoia that a trans person might actually have an advantage in some way over their cis counterparts. Never mind that in almost every other facet of life, it's the other way around. Transphobes do not care. Transphobes are narcissists who couldn't give a **** about anyone other than themselves.

Back
Top Bottom