• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Taxing guns out of spite?

Because "none of your business" is a answer challenging the questioner.

'None of your business' means exactly what is says.

If people don't have the sack to say those words, then they have no business carrying a gun.

It is childish to need a law like that.

'None of your business' means exactly what is says.

If people don't have the sack to say those words, then they have no business carrying a gun.

It is childish to need a law like that.
So I say, "none of your biz" to the questionair. The doctor takes its as some sort of evasion or showing anger.
Calls law enforcement. Cops come pounding on your door, shove their way in and start questioning you and rifling through your home?
At that point as they are walking out the door with your guns in a sack, what will you do?

Right, I'm not saying it will completely disappear, but for your average gun enthusiast who reload's as a cost saving measure, more than likely he's just gonna give up the sport. Them others types, will go rogue...
In all honesty, this bill would be political suicide for anyone stupid enough to vote yeah, especially those who run in the south. This isn't Europe where people just give up, we fire people stupid enough to continuously mess with our lifetsyles.

So I say, "none of your biz" to the questionair. The doctor takes its as some sort of evasion or showing anger.
Calls law enforcement. Cops come pounding on your door, shove their way in and start questioning you and rifling through your home?
At that point as they are walking out the door with your guns in a sack, what will you do?
They wouldn't get past the front door without a warrant, and "none of your business" doesn't make a warrant. That's two charges, civil rights violations against the officers and their superiors, and filing a false police report against the physician.

They wouldn't get past the front door without a warrant, and "none of your business" doesn't make a warrant. That's two charges, civil rights violations against the officers and their superiors, and filing a false police report against the physician.
Hate to tell you, but they are doing very similar things in California and getting away with it.

Much ado about nothing.

Call and report what?

There is no probable cause to take anything.

Much ado about nothing.

Call and report what?

There is no probable cause to take anything.
Call and report you are angry, fear or fight authority, are needing or are on certain meds, ever been evaluated by mental health "professionals".

Hate to tell you, but they are doing very similar things in California and getting away with it.

Bull**** they are.

Last I heard they were taking guns from ex felons who were not supposed to have them In the first place.

This kind of Internet garbage only panics the weak of mind.

If you want to panic about CA, panic about all of the other anti 2A laws they have had for years.

Cripe!

Bull**** they are.

Last I heard they were taking guns from ex felons who were not supposed to have them In the first place.

This kind of Internet garbage only panics the weak of mind.

If you want to panic about CA, panic about all of the other anti 2A laws they have had for years.

Crime!

Welp, you keep thinking that chief. Did you read the link? Are you one of those that think the G and or local PD would NEVER bend the law to fit their needs.
Not getting in your house John Wayne? Good luck.

A couple of demorats have decided to try to raise taxes in order to create more federal spending in the name of preventing gun violence.

Naturally they will expect their "fair share" of this new pork. Why do I get the strange feeling that "safe communities" would likely be seeing very little (if any) of this additional federal funding?

Read more: Dem bill would trigger huge new taxes on guns, ammo | Fox News

A bunch of tards doing what tards do. Nonsense, the whole thing. They can't pass their outright confiscation and ban, so they go about it in other ways. Of course, who will this hurt the most? Those that are more likely to need a gun for self defense. Go figure.

That's because people aren't fighting them, the rest of the country isn't like Cali.

Read your own link.

The first case was voluntary submission by the individual.

They 'talk their way in'.

If people are stupid enough to be talked out of their guns, they are morons.

Using a Bloomberg reference for anything gun related is ridiculous.
Dont have to be voluntary and dont read just one. Do the search and read many. You called bull****, its not bull****.

Florida fought it, docs cant ask about your guns any longer.
Uh huh, my point exactly. Cali isn't fighting and they are getting the police state they've earned through inaction. In the south we're kind of famous for "The **** you are!".

Welp, you keep thinking that chief. Did you read the link? Are you one of those that think the G and or local PD would NEVER bend the law to fit their needs.
Not getting in your house John Wayne? Good luck.

The local Sheriff and I have.been friends for 30 years.

No need for me to sit around and worry about childish things.

I take care of myself very well.

Harris, a 48-year-old Democrat, has asked California lawmakers to more than double the number of agents from the current 33. They seized about 2,000 weapons last year. Agents also took 117,000 rounds of ammunition and 11,000 high-capacity magazines, according to state data.
“We’re not contacting anybody who can legally own a gun,” said John Marsh, a supervising agent who coordinates the sometimes-contentious seizures. “I got called the Antichrist the other day. Every conspiracy theory you’ve heard of, take that times 10.”
So where they all felons? Were they all voluntary?

The local Sheriff and I have.been friends for 30 years.

No need for me to sit around and worry about childish things.

I take care of myself very well.

So good of friends that he will turn his back on his career, family, pay check for you if it ever comes down to it?

Uh huh, my point exactly. Cali isn't fighting and they are getting the police state they've earned through inaction. In the south we're kind of famous for "The **** you are!".

For how long? We down here have been lucky. But I feel on borrowed time.

Dont have to be voluntary and dont read just one. Do the search and read many. You called bull****, its not bull****.

Sure it is.

If it was happening, everyone would know.

Any moron who gives up their guns voluntarily deserves their loss.

How many shoot outs have taken place in the US over this?

Zero.

What are the stats regarding how much gun violence is perpetrated by people who bought guns legally versus people who acquire them illegally?

I don't generally subscribe to the talking point that gun control is just a burden on "law-abiding citizens," but in this instance, if the tax is only going to be imposed on legal gun purchasers, that does seem to be the case.

If somehow it does pass (seems extremely unlikely), the money should go to funding police departments in high crime areas.

If it comes down to it, I'm pretty sure the feds would wish they never started anything, and we aren't just talking about the south. Over half of the states have started passing "The **** you ARE!" laws and are re establishing sovereignity on the second amendment. The more the feds push, the more they have to lose.

I doubt it. FL relaxed its gun laws due to the car jackings of tourists in leaving airports along with random ones, and I don't see a desire to return to those days...

Back
Top Bottom