• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Taxing guns out of spite?

At 50 years old and in decent shape I still would doubt there are many black belt women that could take me if I were determined to do her harm.
And if I was armed, then what? Her hands and feet work at 900 feet per second?
Not to mention not all black belts are created equal. Tournament martial arts are not the same as defensive martial arts, even in the same discipline, the rules of etiquette in a tournament will get you killed in a street fight.

Karate-women-kicking.jpg

Nope. Not the same or even in the ball park and a lot more dangerous...of course if you live in a locale that does not allow you to carry or own a firearm, it is better than nothing unless of course there is more than one, he is much bigger or has a bat/knife/whatever, she is physically able to train to a level able to put up any kind of fight....(BTW, the problem with the high kick is you have to commit and leave your supporting leg unprotected. Great for sport because kicks to the knee means almost permanent disability so they don't teach/allow kicking out supporting leg. Without extended training, it is not advisable)
But I guess, in the long run, it is better for the woman/elderly/disabled to die than to fight back with a firearm. Survival of the fittest eh?

If I wished to kill him, a gun. That's what guns do, they kill things.

So do many things. So what it if it can kill? When used defensively it is designed to project and equalize power. Pure and simple. The intent behind the projection of power is what determines good from evil. You really seem to have a problem telling the difference between good and evil intent.

LOL, my son has a black belt, my wife, red. When my son is bigger he'd be more than a match for most tough punks but me, at 54, would have no problem beating the crap out of most lady black belts and most kids who have them. And a 24 year old who has spent most of his life in penal institutions is going to be pure hell on just about any woman-even a friend of mine who was all Japan Akido and sword champion.

that same woman (who qualified expert in the USAF) with a 9mm is going to be a nightmare for even 4 or 5 gangbangers

So do many things. So what it if it can kill? When used defensively it is designed to project and equalize power. Pure and simple. The intent behind the projection of power is what determines good from evil. You really seem to have a problem telling the difference between good and evil intent.

Yeah its an amazing amount of disconnect. The ability to kill an attacker quickly is pretty much the ultimate self defensive ability.

I have a problem with people who can't acknowledge what guns are for. It's not self-defense although you can use one that way, but you can do the same with a baseball bat however the purpose of a bat is to hit balls not self-defense.

What a gun "is for" is purely dependent upon the user. I have guns which have never killed anything....are they broken? I did not buy them to kill anything though I know they are capable of it. Why so willing to concentrate on the killing part? So what if they can be sued for killing. Again, why is that a bad thing????

Looks like it may be time to learn how to reload my own ammunition, then.

Good idea. I load a lot. 45s, 38s, 40s, all four shotgun gauges, and now the 38 Short colt (for steel shooting-using a combination of 38Sp and 9mm Dies). 45s are very expensive, reloads about 10 buck a hundred reloaded and they shoot more accurately. I used to load 9mms-they are more of a hassle but I have so many russian surplus rounds its not worth it yet

So I say, "none of your biz" to the questionair. The doctor takes its as some sort of evasion or showing anger.
Calls law enforcement. Cops come pounding on your door, shove their way in and start questioning you and rifling through your home?
At that point as they are walking out the door with your guns in a sack, what will you do?

I will tell them - None of your f___ing business, and they will not find all my firearms, nor my stash of ammo/reloading equipment. I suspect there are a lot like me.

I will tell them - None of your f___ing business, and they will not find all my firearms, nor my stash of ammo/reloading equipment. I suspect there are a lot like me.

Why not just say. Na, got no guns. And leave it at that?
I have way to many guns to hide, cases and cases of ammo that I dont want to hide.
But its moot here, the legislature made it impossible for doctors to ask.

Good idea. I load a lot. 45s, 38s, 40s, all four shotgun gauges, and now the 38 Short colt (for steel shooting-using a combination of 38Sp and 9mm Dies). 45s are very expensive, reloads about 10 buck a hundred reloaded and they shoot more accurately. I used to load 9mms-they are more of a hassle but I have so many russian surplus rounds its not worth it yet

I would probably only need one die, since all I shoot these days is 38, 357, and 7.62x39mm, and I have enough 7.62 to not worry about it right now.

I would probably only need one die, since all I shoot these days is 38, 357, and 7.62x39mm, and I have enough 7.62 to not worry about it right now.

762 is 30 caliber. 38 and 357 use the same dies and shell holders.

I've got some brass for the 7.62x54r but most of it is steel cased milsurp with Berdan primers so it isn't a good one to reload. Thing is you can still buy milsup for 23 cents a round. For my 30 30 I bought 40 rounds basicly for the brass. I may never need to buy more. A friend who got me in to reloading has been shooting the same 30 30 brass since high school 20 years ago. he casts 160 grain bullets and loads them light. It has gotten him deer 8 years running. It's just not a high volume gun for most, but it will always be there when you need it.

Back
Top Bottom