• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Target: Go woke and go broke

Yeah, when you posted that the real life threads about real life men raping real life kids was boring I think we all understood what you were really trying to say.

And LGBTQ+ merchandise doesn't make these companies a personal profit?

There is definitely a place in society to sale LGBTQ+ merchandise, but it certainly does not belong in the mainstream.
What mainstream merchandizing...according to who.....YOU?

Does anybody know if the Target stores are open today? I need to go by some ant killer.

Go back and read. Then come back and apologize. The name I gave was Jacob Michael and they wanted to go by Mike.

It's not me who's confused.
so mike, short for michael. lol

Which is why there's a woke backlash. Wokeism is the pseudo intellectual veil for hatred and racism. For the Wokeist, hatred is good as long as its the right kind of hate.
Are you implying the republicans are intellectuals?

Your answer makes me believe you are intentionally acting like you are missing the point.
what you believe has no relevance.
Britney Griner is repeatedly called a man even though she is ABSOLUTELY a biological female.
I have never called her a man.
There's a reason for that, and it has absolutely nothing to do with her biological sex. It has to do with the ****ed up perception some people have regarding gender. It's because gender is not nearly as defined as sex.
what other people may call her has no bearing on reality. She is a woman, and can never be a man.

We had no problems with this until the Trump years.
Trump, through his own actions, has brought bullying, yelling over folks trying to talk and substituting suppositions for facts into the mainstream. Donald's followers hear Donald doing it, so they follow along in his footsteps.

It's pretty clear that the controversy is causing the stock drop
lol... Yes, when you ignore the actual dates involved.

When did Target's stock price start to drop? May 17th. When did this news hit? May 23rd. I guess the stock market knew the bad news about a week in advance, right? 😆

By the way, here's Walmart's stock price over the same period of time. They lost $6 billion in market cap since May 21st. Are they also going broke because... uhm... nothing happened?

Screen Shot 2023-05-26 at 9.35.45 AM.png

The reality is that companies cannot contort themselves every time there is a minor change in their stock price. You simply can't operate that way -- especially since the price is determined by literally millions of transactions.

what you believe has no relevance.

Of course it does. It dictates how I perceive everything around me. Just as what you believe does for you.

I have never called her a man.

That you personally haven't doesnt do anything to change or refute my point. On this very message board you can go back and look at the multitude of posts that prove my point.

what other people may call her has no bearing on reality. She is a woman, and can never be a man.

Says you. Others have a different view on the matter, and have even gone so far as to actually call her a man, even though she is plainly female biologically. The one thing we agree on is that she can never be MALE. A man.....thats a different question entirely.

So, his name then.

and also michael.

no, i'm pointing out how moronic your example is, by pointing out his name is in fact Michael.

No, it's not. Even from a legal standpoint.

If the cops drew up a warrant for a Michael and tried to serve him with it, it wouldnt legally be him when the show up at the door. They would literally have to go get a new one and serve Jacob because THAT IS HIS NAME. He'll, even if he GOES by Mike, the warrant would have to be served to Jacob.

My wife's legal name is Janet Leeann. She has gone by Leeann for her whole life. Everything with any legal bearing on it says Janet when it comes to the house. You know why? Because Leeann ISNT her name, it's what she chooses to go by. Her NAME is Janet. Even she would tell you that. If you asked her her name, she would tell you her name is Janet, but she goes by Leeann, which is her middle name.

Not being able to keep up with something as simple as a name clarifies why you have such a hard time understanding the difference between sex and gender, which is significantly more complex, though.

Of course it does. It dictates how I perceive everything around me. Just as what you believe does for you.
Your perception also has no relevance to reality.
That you personally haven't doesnt do anything to change or refute my point. On this very message board you can go back and look at the multitude of posts that prove my point.
It doesn't prove your point. She can never be a man, no matter what anyone calls her.
Says you.
no, says biology.
Others have a different view on the matter, and have even gone so far as to actually call her a man, even though she is plainly female biologically.
again, irrelevant. she remains a woman and will forever remain one.
The one thing we agree on is that she can never be MALE. A man.....thats a different question entirely.
no, it's not a different question. she can never be a man, because men are males. Unless we redefine the word man to be completely meaningless.

So if I was given the name Jacob Micheal at birth and chose to go by Mike, who are you to tell me it's not valid, since my actual name is Jacob?

It's not, by the way, if you were curious. It's Robert.
Yeah, that was a weird post you responded to. Especially considering we're all on a site using aliases.

People around here call me Michael, Mike, Michael Cole. Little do they know. ;)

Your perception also has no relevance to reality.

It doesn't prove your point. She can never be a man, no matter what anyone calls her.

no, says biology.

again, irrelevant. she remains a woman and will forever remain one.

no, it's not a different question. she can never be a man, because men are males. Unless we redefine the word man to be completely meaningless.

You're arguing with yourself here in a desperate attempt to keep relevance on something that, as you said, isn't actually relevant.

I totally agree with you that the terms man and woman are meaningless in a discussion about biological sex. The correct terms, as they appear on your driver's license, are male and female. Those are what determine your sex. You can't be any more or any less male or female than someone on the same sex. Scientifically, if we both have a Y chromosome , we are both male. You can't somehow be MORE male than me. On the other hand, since man and woman are a social construct, they have everything to do with appearance and perception of appearance. That one male can appear or come off as more manly than another has absolutely nothing to do with thier biological sex, since we have already established that one male can't be MORE male than another.

Here's and easy to use list to help out:

Male - Sex - Biologically Driven
Man - Gender - Sociological Driven

Female - Sex - Biologically Driven
Woman - Gender - Sociologically Driven

yes, it is. Even from a legal standpoint. Is his middle name on his birth certificate?

Sure it is. Right in the box that says MIDDLE NAME. I didnt say otherwise. What I said is that you can't legally serve a warrant or legal document to Michael in that situation. You MUST serve it to Jacob. If you don't, that person, no matter what he "goes by" isn't legally required to appear or respond.

For that matter, legally his name isn't Jake, Mike, Mikey, M Dog or any other such colloquialism he would allow people to use. It's Jacob.

Hell, I'll take it the step further and point out that even if he was to accept being served, he could legally choose not to appear, and when he finally DID show up and the judge asked him why he didn't show at the original time, he could say that upon looking at the document, he realized that they had served the wrong person, AND WOULD BE CORRECT in that statement.

Guy caught destroying Pride merchandise at Target has a Gridnr prifile.

h2lbqa3h5n2b1.jpg

Great. Time to buy.

These stocks always recover after the initial shock.

What category is Target in "these stocks."

Does Target have the growth rate of a Tesla or Nvidia?

The Yale School of Medicine is a college of linguistics?

You agree you look pretty ****ing ignorant, yes?

Oh, looky...a liberal university went woke and changed the meaning of female and gender. Not a big suprize. Even they admit they changed it.

That's what liberal academia does, from changing the science to dictionary terms to support the leftwing cause.

Back
Top Bottom