• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Target: Go woke and go broke

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
NEW YORK (AP) — Target is removing some items from its stores and making other changes to its LGBTQ+ merchandise nationwide ahead of Pride month after intense backlash from some customers who confronted workers and tipped over displays.

“Since introducing this year’s collection, we’ve experienced threats impacting our team members’ sense of safety and well-being while at work,” Target said in a statement Tuesday. ”Given these volatile circumstances, we are making adjustments to our plans, including removing items that have been at the center of the most significant confrontational behavior.”

Target said that customers knocked down Pride displays at some stores, angrily approached workers and posted threatening videos on social media from inside the stores.

Target declined to specify Wednesday which items it was removing but among the ones that garnered the most attention were “tuck friendly” women’s swimsuits that allow trans women who have not had gender-affirming operations to conceal their private parts. Designs by Abprallen, a London-based company that designs and sells occult- and satanic-themed LGBTQ+ clothing and accessories, have also created backlash.

Target is becoming the next Bud Light. I am going to short Target the stock. Again, go woke up and go broke down.

Americans will not tolerate the extreme political messages these large corporations are trying to make.

This is a warning shot to all retail stores, if you go woke, you will suffer. Workers will be confronted, customers will be angry and cause backlash.

CEOs and executives need to learn or they will suffer the consequences.

The only extreme things are the right wing provocateurs out peddling misinformation and hate for personal profit.

And LGBTQ+ merchandise doesn't make these companies a personal profit?

There is definitely a place in society to sale LGBTQ+ merchandise, but it certainly does not belong in the mainstream.

Target is becoming the next Bud Light. I am going to short Target the stock. Again, go woke up and go broke down.

Americans will not tolerate the extreme political messages these large corporations are trying to make.

This is a warning shot to all retail stores, if you go woke, you will suffer. Workers will be confronted, customers will be angry and cause backlash.

So to be clear, acknowledging LGBTQ people exist in public and providing them goods and services is “going woke”?

So the anti-“woke” Right wants to suppress the existence of LGBTQ people and deny them goods and services, yes?

There is definitely a place in society to sale LGBTQ+ merchandise, but it certainly does not belong in the mainstream.
Why not? Does it upset all the beta males out there pretending to be alpha males?

So to be clear, acknowledging LGBTQ people exist in public and providing them goods and services is “going woke”?

So the anti-“woke” Right wants to suppress the existence of LGBTQ people and deny them goods and services, yes?

Should Target start selling KKK merchandise?

10 bucks says we won't see many (if any) republicans post in the thread i just started about a cop who raped his 10yo foster daughter.

"Woke" = insufficiently bigoted against whichever minority has provoked right wingnuts' ire at any particular moment.

That won't help. I expect this to pick up where the beer left off. Weeks of endless threads about the same damn thing.

"I hate gays. Look at me. Look at me. Target bends the knee. I'm powerful!!!"

Authoritarians on the outside. Sniveling wimps on the inside.

Last edited:

Why not? Should LGBTQ people be forcibly marginalized from society? What other minorities do you think should be suppressed?

Target is becoming the next Bud Light.
You should probably read your own articles. Target is not losing customers due to its support for the Gay community. It's just a handful of right-wing extremist shitbags threatening violence against Target employees. That's not the free market, that's just terrorism. The overwhelming majority of Target's customer base has no issue with the LGBTQ community.

Stores like Target care about one demographic, the 18-34-year-old demographic, and that demographic overwhelmingly supports the Gay community, and always will. It is the companies caving to Right-Wing extremists who will not survive the future.

That won't help. I expect this to pick up where the beer left off. Weeks of endless posts about the same damn thing.

"I hate gays. Look at me. Look at me. Target bends the knee. I'm powerful!!!"

Authoritarians on the outside. Sniveling wimps on the inside.

Bud Light is ground zero for the mission.

I can assure you the Bud Light backlash will not end and is likely just starting.

This is not a fad, the backlash is gaining strength. This is a battle one side cannot afford to lose. All the chips are on the table.

Target has been doing this for ten years. Where have you been?

These guys will never learn.

Be like Disney and tell the fascist ********ers to #sand. The low foreheads are shopping at Walmart anyway.

Really? You want to compare LGBTQ people with murderous hate groups? You think that will make you look like anything but a bigot?
This is the same poster who fully supports Andrew Tate, the rapist and woman abuser whose being held in prison in Europe.

Woolworth, 1960
Sit-ins-Lunch-counter-1960-Greensboro.jpg

Should Target start selling KKK merchandise?
Damn, didn’t realize me being bisexual was basically like being in the Klan.

Do I at least get like a cool rank or title? Like Grand Sex Wizard or something?

This is the same poster who fully supports Andrew Tate, the rapist and woman abuser whose being held in prison in Europe.

Andrew Tate is not in prison. Stop with the lies.

Back
Top Bottom