• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Target: Go woke and go broke

no, correctly points out a male is a man, and a female is a woman. The only way this isn't true, is to render the terms completely meaningless.

The very reason why many Democrats in Congress can't and won't define what "Woman" means.

Refuted this already. Linguistics NOW rejects that position, because it redefined a term to be completely meaningless.

I am the only one in this conversation using science.

Exactly! They have to change the definition and meaning to coincide with their ideology.

Oh, looky...a liberal university went woke and changed the meaning of female and gender. Not a big suprize. Even they admit they changed it.

That's what liberal academia does, from changing the science to dictionary terms to support the leftwing cause.

So it’s a conspiracy theory by the Left in control of all science?

Man, if the Left is so powerful, why bother resisting them at all? Clearly they already control the world.

So it’s a conspiracy theory by the Left in control of all science?

Man, if the Left is so powerful, why bother resisting them at all? Clearly they already control the world.

Conspiracy theory? It's fact. In your own source you provided.

The NFL's gone to shit anyway. It seems like every week some player/former player is being arrested or sued for something.

I personally stopped watching when the idiots let Dog Killer Vick play again.

Target is becoming the next Bud Light. I am going to short Target the stock. Again, go woke up and go broke down.

Americans will not tolerate the extreme political messages these large corporations are trying to make.

This is a warning shot to all retail stores, if you go woke, you will suffer. Workers will be confronted, customers will be angry and cause backlash.

CEOs and executives need to learn or they will suffer the consequences.
Will Target suffer more from selling these items or removing them? The 'attention span of a gnat' protesters will be back far sooner than the LGBTQ+ community that was just told that Target doesn't want their business or respect their community.

And LGBTQ+ merchandise doesn't make these companies a personal profit?

There is definitely a place in society to sale LGBTQ+ merchandise, but it certainly does not belong in the mainstream.
Right wing nutjobs once again showing their hate for the LGBTQ community. Right wing nutjobs belong in hell and the sooner they get there the sooner America is great again.

Will Target suffer more from selling these items or removing them? The 'attention span of a gnat' protesters will be back far sooner than the LGBTQ+ community that was just told that Target doesn't want their business or respect their community.
Good post, and I suspect you are right.

Great. Time to buy.

These stocks always recover after the initial shock.
My daughter and I meet at lunch every Tuesday in an attempt to rebuild her IRA portfolio that has been neglected for about a decade. We were trying to find a buy-and-hold dividend stock in the Consumer Staples category. We narrowed it down to two before the time ran out, Coca Cola and Target. I sent her a text yesterday saying that the conservative nutcases have made our decision easier. Target's valuation looks better than Cokes.

While poking around I discovered there is an ETF for the Gullible Ones.

Conservative ETF sells Target stock over 'woke' agenda

Target is becoming the next Bud Light. I am going to short Target the stock. Again, go woke up and go broke down.

Americans will not tolerate the extreme political messages these large corporations are trying to make.

This is a warning shot to all retail stores, if you go woke, you will suffer. Workers will be confronted, customers will be angry and cause backlash.

CEOs and executives need to learn or they will suffer the consequences.
Better yet the FBI needs to be instructed to investigate right away and file charges.

400px-khan.jpg

Oh, looky...a liberal university went woke and changed the meaning of female and gender. Not a big suprize. Even they admit they changed it.

That's what liberal academia does, from changing the science to dictionary terms to support the leftwing cause.
It has nothing to do with a liberal university. the difference between sex and gender is a medical fact that as been known since the 1950/60s. Human sexuality int just penis and vagina, XX and XY. Our brains also have a gender and in trans and non-binary people the gender identity of the brain is different than the biological e of the body. This is a fact and can actually be imaged by a MRI. In the future that brain MRI may well be used as part of the diagnosis process.

There is also DNA involved but so far there is not one single DNA segment but instead an interplay of a handful of genes. The term is known as epigenetic. It seems to be hereditary and runs in the mothers side.

Target has lost 10 billion in 10 days and I couldn't be more pleased to hear this.

Target has lost 10 billion in 10 days and I couldn't be more pleased to hear this.
I know... How dare they cater to a subset of society that you hate.
Now Walmarts catering to them as well ....
Question is, where y'all gunna shop now?

What does Target provide that you can't buy online?

First they came for Bud Light, and I spoke out
Then they came for Target, and I spoke out
Then they came for Walmart, and I spoke out
Then they came for Safeway, and I spoke out
Then I starved to death.

The cater to virtue signal to whom ever they want to. But at some point their shareholders are going to be pretty upset at loosing a billion dollars per day due their stupid decisions.

I don't shop at Walmart or Target, so don't care.

$$$$$​

Target Stock Price Plummets, Losing $10B In Valuation Over Kids' Pride Month Clothing Backlash​

New York Post reported that Target lost $10 billion in market valuation over the last 10 days due to the backlash it received from its LGBTQ-themed kids' clothing line.

Last Wednesday, Target's stock value was at $160.96 a share, but its value sank and closed Friday at $138.93 a share — the retailer's lowest stock price in nearly three years.

Among Target's LGBTQ-themed items that garnered the ire were "tuck-friendly" women's swimsuits that allow transgender women who have not had gender-affirming operations to conceal their genitalia. Rainbow-themed children's clothing also received backlash from the public.

The cater to virtue signal to whom ever they want to. But at some point their shareholders are going to be pretty upset at loosing a billion dollars per day due their stupid decisions.

I don't shop at Walmart or Target, so don't care.
You say you don't care, yet here you are. Target, Walmart, InBev, these companies only fault was underestimating the number of bigoted Jethro's in America.

Back
Top Bottom