• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Taliban reverses decision, barring Afghan girls from attending school beyond 6th grade

Is this an example of the psychology of persuasion?
Kinda.

Imagine you’re a Muslim fundamentalist type.

Then imagine your holy army being crushed by women in pink planes and tanks.

How do you repair your self image?

How likely is some other group to be more reluctant to risk the same treatment?

It’s tongue in cheek, but not entirely.

I'd say so. There's a difference between advocating for a smaller federal budget, lower taxes, and a strong military, for example, and advocating for stripping women of their reproductive rights and LGBTQ people of their civil rights. There's a difference between mounting an argument with which I disagree based on reason and facts and mounting one based on utter stupidity, sheer ignorance, and blatant dishonesty. The modern American conservative movement is absolute horse shit. The Republican party shot it in between the eyes and let its body rot in the hot sun while they surrendered wholeheartedly to anti-intellectualism and sensationalism. The lowest common denominator among human intellect was found; and it was given Republican party membership cards.

You certainly seem to feel you know a lot about that which you know absolutely nothing.

I can see you're very, very confused.

An eight year old is not a piece of tree bark. An eight year old is more than capable of understanding that romantic love between two adults can occur between any two adults. Not all men are attracted to only women. Not all women are attracted to only men. Some people aren't attracted to the opposite sex at all.

So again, what kind of retarded eight year olds do you know who can't grasp those few short sentences?

I'll give you a short anecdote to further illustrate how ridiculous your position is that eight year olds you know can't grasp homosexuality and are "abused" by the "odd and potentially hurtful, mystifying" concept of homosexuality.

One of my nephews (he turned 8 two weeks ago by the way) asked me why my friends Joe and Corey are always together when they stop by my house. His father is very conservative and a brother to me, so I said, "Let's talk about this later," and went back to inflating my nephew's bike tires. Later that day when I mentioned it to my brother-in-law he went into the room with his son in it and said, "Uncle said you had questions about Joe and Corey. They're in love the same way that me and Mommy are in love and do lots of things together because they like to spend time together." My nephew said, "Oh, so [Joe's and Corey's dog] is their kid like [other nephew] and me are your and Mommy's kids. Can I take a lemonade in the truck?"

My nephew isn't scarred. He isn't confused. He certainly isn't "abused", which is an accusation I suggest you lodge more thoughtfully. In fact, he's less confused now because now he understands that two men are in love and behave like a couple because they are a couple. It would be cruel to keep that information from him just to prevent him from understanding the real world because some grown ups irrationally hate other people based on something that's none of their business.

You present a case that demonstrates the validity of my position.

Your nephew initiated the consideration of the question and his question was answered in a caring way by a loved and trusted adult.

That is the ideal way in which this consideration should be considered. The adult knew what the question was, where the answer should start and where the answer should end.

I do not present the abilities of all third graders to be equal in all ways in all topic areas and in all situations.

I would hope that you are NOT saying that ALL third graders and ALL CHILDREN YOUNGER than third grade all equal in all ways.

The Florida law says only that this topic should not be TAUGHT in the classroom.

If the very young child asks this question, the guidance counselor seems like the person to respond and the response should be modeled after the one you describe.

As I have posted here before, through the third grade, children learn to read. After the third grade, children read to learn.

Teaching complex ideas and ideologies like sexual orientation, Naziism, Communism or Religion at this age is indoctrination, not education.

Last edited:
You certainly seem to feel you know a lot about that which you know absolutely nothing.
Don't bother me with mindless drive by posts. Get a real life.

You present a case that demonstrates the validity of my position.

Your nephew initiated the consideration of the question and his question was answered in a caring way by a loved and trusted adult.

That is the ideal way in which this consideration should be considered. The adult knew what the question was, where the answer should start and where the answer should end.

I do not present the abilities of all third graders to be equal in all ways in all topic areas and in all situations.

I would hope that you are NOT saying that ALL third graders and ALL CHILDREN YOUNGER than third grade all equal in all ways.

The Florida law says only that this topic should not be TAUGHT in the classroom.

If the very young child asks this question, the guidance counselor seems like the person to respond and the response should be modeled after the one you describe.

As I have posted here before, through the third grade, children learn to read. After the third grade, children read to learn.

Teaching complex ideas and ideologies like sexual orientation, Naziism, Communism or Religion at this age is indoctrination, not education.
What about condensation? Levers and pullies? Santa Claus? Your definition of "indoctrination" is purely political and not based in any educational standard practiced by any serious educational professional.

KABUL, Afghanistan — In a morning of tears and anger, the Taliban on Wednesday reneged on a promise to allow Afghan girls to attend secondary school, as thousands of them turned up at their old school gates in tidy uniforms and carrying their school bags. ...Amid widespread condemnation, the Taliban gave no indication of when these classrooms might reopen. Most girls and young women have been prevented from attending secondary school since the Taliban swept to power in August.

...the spokesman for the Education Ministry, Mawlawi Aziz Ahmad Ryan, said that "schools for women from the sixth grade above are closed until further notice." Ryan said a plan would be formulated "in accordance with Islamic law and Afghan culture and traditions, as well as the ruling of the Islamic Emirate." The phrase "culture and traditions" is often shorthand in the Muslim world for imposing rules that deny women their rights under Islam on the basis that local culture does not permit it. Islamic teaching and practice encourages men and women to study and learn."

Link

Why, is explained here.

...when you talk to those who are on that pragmatic side, for example, in terms of the education of girls beyond grade six, none of them will say that they oppose it. They will all say they support it. But, you know, you have to go slowly because it has to be an edict that goes countrywide. And countrywide, it's not supported. In the deep rural areas, there is a resistance to girls going to school beyond grade six. And so they use that as an excuse, really, because you certainly can allow girls to go to school in the cities in vast areas of the country.

Link

The Taliban's approach to girls in schools can be compared to the Republicans' approach to the teaching or discussion of divisive racial issues and gender identity in schools. There are school in Afghanistan and in Republican controlled states that are fine with teaching these things. But, in both areas, there are religious interests that oppose this. The Taliban and Republican controlled states both have laws that placate religious interests. Thus schools in areas that are more secular and more tolerant are all bent to the will of their more pious counterparts.

Well then, we need to go to war there again too.

Your views on this are at best twisted and worst propagandistic lies.

When I was in school, we were taught about slavery. We were taught about social injustice and that we should strive to be sensitive to others, understanding and inclusive.

We were taught to strive to achieve a betterment moving toward an ideal.

Today's teaching has student centers segregated so that "Whites" are not allowed creating a US version of apartheid. WTF is THAT all about?

Apartheid and segregation were presented as bad when I was in school. Judging people on the content of their character and NOT on the color of their skin was presented as good.

Now apartheid and segregation are encouraged and school facilities and property are provided to exercise it.

Apartheid and segregation based on racism is the result of your expressed wishes here.

Lol what?

The Trump cult’s victim complex is out of control.

Please, for the love of God, actually learn something about apartheid before you start crying about what a victim you think you are.

Tell me...did you post that from an actual GOP site or is that some leftist propaganda bullshit fabricated by some leftist scumbag piece of shit that you then embraced and saw fit to post here?

Rape and incest survivors in Texas are having to face that right now.

It is illegal to abort after 6 weeks of pregnancy there.

Women and girls either have to go to another state or are forced to carry that pregnancy to term.

How many incest survivors can go to another state?

How many low income women can go to another state?

What you replied to is happening now, today in Texas.

Again...is it an actual GOP platform or just some fabricated garbage put together by some piece of shit that you then feel compelled to post?

Shall we judge YOU and all other democrats based on all the stupid shit democrats in local, state, and federal offices say and do?
So real quotes from actual real GOP elected officials don't count unless the GOP puts them up on their website?

So real quotes from actual real GOP elected officials don't count unless the GOP puts them up on their website?
Right. Some quotes from indiciduals-NOT their party platform. Shall I hold you to the same stupidity that routinely comes out of democrats like Hank Johnson and AOC? Is that YOUR party...because you have some people that make comments?

so another example of men controlling women?

Women and girls either have to go to another state or are forced to carry that pregnancy to term.

So you literally think that the official party platform and the opinions of most people opposed to slaughtering unborn babies is that there are no exceptions in the case of rape and incest?

And to make your point look even MORE stupid...are you REALLY maintaining that the Taliban advocator FOR the rape and murder of women is the same issue as abortion?

I was wrong...you 'people' dont need Hank Johnso, AOC, and other idiot leftists to make your comments look stupid. You are doing a FINE job of it yourselves.

So you literally think that the official party platform and the opinions of most people opposed to slaughtering unborn babies is that there are no exceptions in the case of rape and incest?

And to make your point look even MORE stupid...are you REALLY maintaining that the Taliban advocator FOR the rape and murder of women is the same issue as abortion?

I was wrong...you 'people' dont need Hank Johnso, AOC, and other idiot leftists to make your comments look stupid. You are doing a FINE job of it yourselves.

I don’t think that. I know it.

It is happening right now in Texas.

Interesting that you now change your tune when I point out the honest facts to you.

The republican platform includes making abortion illegal with no exceptions for rape and incest. Apparently you have not bothered to read that document.

The republicans in Texas have already passed a law and women and girls in Texas are either having to go to another state or carry the pregnancy caused by rape or incest to term.

Other republican controlled states are in the process of passing the same law or one more restrictive.

So you can make all the excuses and denials you want but honest facts prove you wrong.

Right. Some quotes from indiciduals-NOT their party platform. Shall I hold you to the same stupidity that routinely comes out of democrats like Hank Johnson and AOC? Is that YOUR party...because you have some people that make comments?
I challenge you to put up a quote as repugnant as any listed there.

I don’t think that. I know it.

It is happening right now in Texas.

Interesting that you now change your tune when I point out the honest facts to you.

The republican platform includes making abortion illegal with no exceptions for rape and incest. Apparently you have not bothered to read that document.

The republicans in Texas have already passed a law and women and girls in Texas are either having to go to another state or carry the pregnancy caused by rape or incest to term.

Other republican controlled states are in the process of passing the same law or one more restrictive.

So you can make all the excuses and denials you want but honest facts prove you wrong.
Riiiiiiiiiight. In YOUR mind...raping a woman is the same as not slaughtering an unborn child.

Rape and incest victims absolutely can receive abortions, just as can others. Yours is not a question of what but rather when. When should killing an unborn child be allowed...6 weeks, 15 weeks? To the moment of birth?

I challenge you to put up a quote as repugnant as any listed there.
You think children of instances of rape are 'repugnant' and should all be killed?

telling.

Kinda.

Imagine you’re a Muslim fundamentalist type.

Then imagine your holy army being crushed by women in pink planes and tanks.

How do you repair your self image?

How likely is some other group to be more reluctant to risk the same treatment?

It’s tongue in cheek, but not entirely.

I want to say it was Tim Allen who suggested an all female army with various divisions all comprised of women who's cycles had synced up due to close proximity.

He suggested, also tongue in cheek I think, that if a war broke out, we send the division that was comprised of women currently experiencing periodic distress.

Rudyard Kipling advises us all to be careful in the presence of the Female of the Species. Perhaps also tongue in cheek, but a very good general caveat. ;)

Don't bother me with mindless drive by posts. Get a real life.

Only trying to help.

It is up to you to either accept it or reject it.

What about condensation? Levers and pullies? Santa Claus? Your definition of "indoctrination" is purely political and not based in any educational standard practiced by any serious educational professional.

The curriculum taught to our public school students changes as the students age.

Is Santa Claus an accredited class for your relatives children?

Condensation and levers and pulleys are what they are and do what they do. What they do and what they are are not matters of conjecture or social engineering.

Condensation occurs for specific reasons and in specific circumstances. It does not change because the surface "believes" that it is not the surface that it is.

You think children of instances of rape are 'repugnant' and should all be killed?

telling.
More telling is that you could not answer the question, so you replied with a lie.

Only trying to help.

It is up to you to either accept it or reject it.
That's not true. We can all see what you're trying to do.

The curriculum taught to our public school students changes as the students age.

Is Santa Claus an accredited class for your relatives children?

Condensation and levers and pulleys are what they are and do what they do. What they do and what they are are not matters of conjecture or social engineering.

Condensation occurs for specific reasons and in specific circumstances. It does not change because the surface "believes" that it is not the surface that it is.
It's a shame -- but typical of people of a certain age -- that you're so confounded by human sexuality. There's lots of good information and resources out there, but you'll have to seek them yourself.

That's not true. We can all see what you're trying to do.

The post to which I responded indicated to me that you don't understand what I think. That is what i responded

I posted that I don't know what I am thinking, but that you do.

Now you post that you know what I'm thinking and that I do not. Again.

Your's is an interesting sequence of delusion.

It's a shame -- but typical of people of a certain age -- that you're so confounded by human sexuality. There's lots of good information and resources out there, but you'll have to seek them yourself.

I am not younger than 8 years old.

In the past, if an adult wanted to speak to a five year old about sex, he was slapped with a restraining order and arrested if he came near children.

Now you want to hire him to be a kindergarten teacher.

Back
Top Bottom