• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Taliban reverses decision, barring Afghan girls from attending school beyond 6th grade

I am not younger than 8 years old.

In the past, if an adult wanted to speak to a five year old about sex, he was slapped with a restraining order and arrested if he came near children.

Now you want to hire him to be a kindergarten teacher.
I don't deal with people who say "in the past," "in my day," or "there was a time when". I'm just waiting for them all to finish dying.

The Taliban's approach to girls in schools can be compared to the Republicans' approach to the teaching or discussion of divisive racial issues and gender identity in schools. There are school in Afghanistan and in Republican controlled states that are fine with teaching these things. But, in both areas, there are religious interests that oppose this. The Taliban and Republican controlled states both have laws that placate religious interests. Thus schools in areas that are more secular and more tolerant are all bent to the will of their more pious counterparts.
Wow...you're so big mad that there is pushback against far-left indoctrination of our children. It's almost as if you're have a reaction to having your religion attacked. It also doesn't help your case that, at the highest level, your leftist ideology gets infiltrated by fake papers, that a batshit insane, and make it through peer review to be published.

I don't deal with people who say "in the past," "in my day," or "there was a time when". I'm just waiting for them all to finish dying.

Your hate is noted and your self labeling appreciated.

Wow...you're so big mad that there is pushback against far-left indoctrination of our children.
Where is the far left indoctrination of our children other than in the minds of the far right? Do you have examples? Are their statistics? Have children or parents launched an avalanche of complaints? Let's see some evidence.

Where is the far left indoctrination of our children other than in the minds of the far right? Do you have examples? Are their statistics? Have children or parents launched an avalanche of complaints? Let's see some evidence.

I don't have children in school, but I do pay about $3000 in property tax and about half of that goes to the area schools, so, I guess I do have a dog in this fight.

My interest revolves around the FACTS that as Americans we pay top five costs per student to support our public School education and get outcomes that range between the mid twenties and the mid thirties.

I don't mind paying the money, but I would expect, then, that the outcomes would not be so dismally failing year after year after decade after decade. If we pay for the best, we should get the best.

Parents are being banned from School Board meetings across the country and silenced and ignored with the school board members afraid to engage in the conversations sought.

Outage of the parents demanding to have a voice in their children's education should be evidence enough. Why else would they be outraged?

I would like to see the US public education system be the one that produces the best outcomes. It is not.

The school shut downs exposed the rampant departures from curriculum that seem to be a part of our failing. Why is an English teacher's instruction straying to any topic but her subject matter?

IF our system produced minimum they need to produce, then MAYBE they could be trusted to incorporate the idiocies they digress to as they avoid their responsibilities.

Right now there is no evidence to make ANYONE think they can do the minimum which means delivering outcomes that match the investment.

Your hate is noted and your self labeling appreciated.
Your insistence on ignoring the topic of the thread and the plight of Afghan girls so that you can howl about subjects you don't understand is noted.

No it cannot. The Taliban are not prohibiting or side-stepping certain topics for discussion in school. They are barring all education past the primary level for girls, period. This is a shameful and cynical use of genuine oppression as a springboard for partisan calumny.

Huh, looks like they may be going in the direction that Richard Pryor called "the Double Muslims", which I guess was his snarky reference to the ones who were wound doubly tight as
the typical muslim who just follows the standard values. The typical muslim may agree on ideas like modesty and devotion to daily prayers, giving due submission to clerical authority.
But I guess so called double muslims will scrutinize every single aspect of an individuals waking life, searching for even the slightest fault or threat.

Well educated women are a threat~!

Your insistence on ignoring the topic of the thread and the plight of Afghan girls so that you can howl about subjects you don't understand is noted.

I had nothing to do with the plight of the Afghan girls. That is on Sleepy Joe. If he doesn't pull out like a moronic dementia victim, the Trump era equilibrium is maintained and the Afghan girls are still in school.

If the topic is the plight of the Afghan girls, you are ignoring it to hate people not associated with it.

Your fervent desire that I finish dying is what it is. Sounds like hate to me.

I had nothing to do with the plight of the Afghan girls. That is on Sleepy Joe. If he doesn't pull out like a moronic dementia victim, the Trump era equilibrium is maintained and the Afghan girls are still in school.

If the topic is the plight of the Afghan girls, you are ignoring it to hate people not associated with it.

Your fervent desire that I finish dying is what it is. Sounds like hate to me.
You're in a thread about Afghan girls. Try to pay attention. I don't know who "Sleepy Joe" is. I don't care that you're in disgusting, obsessive love with Donald Trump. I don't hate, but I am looking forward to more old people dying. It's better for me and the rest of the world.

You're in a thread about Afghan girls. Try to pay attention. I don't know who "Sleepy Joe" is. I don't care that you're in disgusting, obsessive love with Donald Trump. I don't hate, but I am looking forward to more old people dying. It's better for me and the rest of the world.

Sleepy Joe is Joe Biden.

I can't help you with the rest of your post.

Back
Top Bottom