• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sweden Allows Public Masturbation

That absolutely is a personal attack, because you directed it at me personally. You can redefine the term all you want, you can obfuscate all you want, but that doesn't change the reality of what you did.
Repetition is an arcane and potent magic, eh? lulz

Prison time shouldn't be used to dissuade someone from esclating. It should be used to punish someone for what they've done. If you want to dissuade, you look into diversion programs and therapy.
Or imprisonment. Which is why I suggested it as my preferred response to what the guy actually did. See?

We're not arguing the relative success of any one form of punishment to another. I'm glad to see you've finally dropped the silly conjectural angle. It was daft.

Repetition is an arcane and potent magic, eh? lulz

The willful blindness of others is not my concern.

Or imprisonment. Which is why I suggested it as a response to what the guy actually did. See?

By saying "or imprisonment" you are adding it to the list of things to be used to dissuade someone from doing something they haven't done, which means you are saying he should be punished for something he hasn't done.

I'm glad to see you've finally dropped the silly conjectural angle. It was daft.

I'm sorry to see you're continuing to throw semi-random sequences of words together without context and calling it an argument.

The willful blindness of others is not my concern.
No, you are you mean! lulz

By saying "or imprisonment" you are adding it to the list of things to be used to dissuade someone from doing something they haven't done, which means you are saying he should be punished for something he hasn't done.
That reading comprehension again. Yeah, it can be a real stickler, sho nuff. Did you miss the part where I said 'in tandem'? What do you suppose I meant by that?

I'm sorry to see you're continuing to throw semi-random sequences of words together without context and calling it an argument.
I'm sorry you're so inadequate to debate that you prefer saving face to honesty.

That reading comprehension again. Yeah, it can be a real stickler, sho nuff. Did you miss the part where I said 'in tandem'? What do you suppose I meant by that?

Words that you didn't use until I called you on the idea of punishing someone for what he didn't do yet. Rather than admit you weren't clear or that you're fleshing out your position in response to the discussion, you act as if you've been saying them the whole time.

I'm sorry you're so inadequate to debate that you prefer saving face to honesty.

There you go again with the ad hominem.

Words that you didn't use until I called you on the idea of punishing someone for what he didn't do yet. Rather than admit you weren't clear or that you're fleshing out your position in response to the discussion, you act as if you've been saying them the whole time.
To the contrary. My position was clear from the outset. I'm not responsible for your assumptions.

There you go again with the ad hominem.
Look, dude. It's Wells Cathedral.

wel224-dist-cln-temp-s2h550s0.3-q40-cln-q40.jpg

Masturbation is non-sexual? In conjunction with such indecency, does it not become sexually indecent?

Masturbation, even in public, is not something that is likely, by itself, to lead to sexual attacks, which is the primary reason for sex offender lists.

But I didn't actually say that masturbation was not about sex, but rather nudity, which is also found to be a cause to be on sex offender lists. Again though, the point of sex offender lists should be kept in mind. It isn't merely to list everyone who ever did something illegal related to sex, but is rather a method to inform people of people who have done something illegal and who can reasonably be seen to be a potential threat of doing that thing again or something worse in the future.

Another Leftie who believes that exposing oneself in public and where children may be, is just hunky dory. What is it with you guys, anyway? Do you feel that you're some cutting edge trend-setter? Is that it? A dark character? An edgy outsider? Kewl.

'Hardened' criminal was a joke. Get it now?

Is that another joke? It sounds like it. For the record, I'm not advocating for public masturbation, and neither is Sweden. I am just disagreeing with you wanting to put a man in jail for six months because of a minor public offense. And please keep your fantasy setting with children for yourself.

Is that another joke? It sounds like it. For the record, I'm not advocating for public masturbation, and neither is Sweden. I am just disagreeing with you wanting to put a man in jail for six months because of a minor public offense. And please keep your fantasy setting with children for yourself.
No, you are you mean.

Masturbation, even in public, is not something that is likely, by itself, to lead to sexual attacks, which is the primary reason for sex offender lists.

But I didn't actually say that masturbation was not about sex, but rather nudity, which is also found to be a cause to be on sex offender lists. Again though, the point of sex offender lists should be kept in mind. It isn't merely to list everyone who ever did something illegal related to sex, but is rather a method to inform people of people who have done something illegal and who can reasonably be seen to be a potential threat of doing that thing again or something worse in the future.
We can agree to disagree that a potential threat exists, when grown men masturbate in public where children are very likely to be. Personally, I wouldn't be willing to take the chance.

We can agree to disagree that a potential threat exists, when grown men masturbate in public where children are very likely to be. Personally, I wouldn't be willing to take the chance.

Eh. There isn't any proof that there was anyone in the area besides the one (presumably) LEO that caught him. There is no proof that any children were there or even likely to be there. All we know for sure is he was an old man caught fondling himself. We don't even know that the guy wasn't a little senile, not quite realizing even where he was at the time. The charge was too much for the information we do have.

Eh. There isn't any proof that there was anyone in the area besides the one (presumably) LEO that caught him. There is no proof that any children were there or even likely to be there. All we know for sure is he was an old man caught fondling himself. We don't even know that the guy wasn't a little senile, not quite realizing even where he was at the time. The charge was too much for the information we do have.
On a beach?

On a beach?

What time of day? Which beach? How popular is it? What was the weather like?

When I went to the beach last year with my family, it was chilly out (even here in San Diego), despite being about lunchtime. We may have seen two other groups of people out there in the hour or so we were there. It was simply too windy and cold.

What time of day? Which beach? How popular is it? What was the weather like?

When I went to the beach last year with my family, it was chilly out (even here in San Diego), despite being about lunchtime. We may have seen two other groups of people out there in the hour or so we were there. It was simply too windy and cold.
lulz

Okay.

What do you know about it, WOMAN??? :lol:

I know they spank their wankers. :lol: Guys aren't all that hard to figure out actually.

I know they spank their wankers. :lol: Guys aren't all that hard to figure out actually.

Then you won't have any problem coming through for a man then. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom