• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stewart, Colbert to Hold 10/30 Rallies

And to add it will be funny to see who bitches about this rally and who doesn't.

Who would bitch about it? Heck, I hope it is funny and successful. I am quite serious...they should hold it at a college. It would play very well on a campus of about 18-25 thousand of people that view him as the most trusted news source in America, the venue would be smal and probably quite full...4-5 thousand crowding an auditorium will look impressive. I just dont know how many of his followers (or their mom and dad) can afford the trip.

You really dont get it? Stop and think about what it says about the people that engage in the behavior and those that would attend. Its not that hard top get. Its both sad and hilarious at the same time.

I guess I don't "get it" because it seems pointless to me. If you want to laugh about making fun of conservatives, turn on your TV or your computer. 24/7 entertainment for ya.

However, I don't begrudge anyone that wants to do. Go for it. Bring a silly sign, make fun of people while you're surrounded by the great giants of our nation and look like a fool. :peace

I guess I don't "get it" because it seems pointless to me. If you want to laugh about making fun of conservatives, turn on your TV or your computer. 24/7 entertainment for ya.

However, I don't begrudge anyone that wants to do. Go for it. Bring a silly sign, make fun of people while you're surrounded by the great giants of our nation and look like a fool. :peace

Yah...well...truth be told...I mock and ridicule the mindless leftists on a fairly regular basis...so...I have my fallible moments too. Mind you...I wouldnt waste my money to travel to an event to do it...

Yah...well...truth be told...I mock and ridicule the mindless leftists on a fairly regular basis...so...I have my fallible moments too. Mind you...I wouldnt waste my money to travel to an event to do it...
I don't know who the hell has time for this **** ...

I don't know who the hell has time for this **** ...

Me neither...but then...I dont know who would have travelled to the Beck rally either.

Me neither...but then...I dont know who would have travelled to the Beck rally either.
Same difference. I'm working 50+ hours a week and trying to have a life outside of that. Why would I waste it on some idiotic political rally?

Who would bitch about it? Heck, I hope it is funny and successful. I am quite serious...they should hold it at a college. It would play very well on a campus of about 18-25 thousand of people that view him as the most trusted news source in America, the venue would be smal and probably quite full...4-5 thousand crowding an auditorium will look impressive. I just dont know how many of his followers (or their mom and dad) can afford the trip.

I think it was a good idea they didn't have it on a college campus. We are talking about the day before Halloween and Halloween this year falls on a Sunday. That means Saturday there will be a TON of parties and drunken kids doing stupid stuff (I say this knowing I will be doing this as well).

I think it was a good idea they didn't have it on a college campus. We are talking about the day before Halloween and Halloween this year falls on a Sunday. That means Saturday there will be a TON of parties and drunken kids doing stupid stuff (I say this knowing I will be doing this as well).

Come on...tell me that a half in the bag college crowd wouldnt be a hilarious audience for this shindig...

Come on...tell me that a half in the bag college crowd wouldnt be a hilarious audience for this shindig...

For the Colbert rally totally. It seems though like Stewart is taking this a bit more serious than people are giving him credit for. I wish, if Stewart was being completely serious, they push the date back and organize it better.

For the Colbert rally totally. It seems though like Stewart is taking this a bit more serious than people are giving him credit for. I wish, if Stewart was being completely serious, they push the date back and organize it better.

What are you hoping for? I can see using the mocking nature as a springboard for SOMETHING...maybe a charitable benefit...bring in other comedians...make it a night worth actually attending.

As noted in an earlier post, it will be interesting to see what content Stewart/Colbert bring to the stage. My guess the audience for this event is going to be less "politically" driven and more "in search of free entertainment" driven. Stewart and Colbert really are funny/witty guys.

So all the audience is not going to be ideological Left. There will be a percentage from the right of center just looking for the fun. Which means the boys on stage better first be funny....and second, they best not try to make this a mockery fest of the tea party conservative types. Don't think that's in anyone's best interest.

Time will tell. Assuming it is televised, suspect I'll be watching looking for some laughs.

Do you think any of those drunk kids will be at the Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument?

Do you think any of those drunk kids will be at the Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument?

Depends on if they offer free round trip tickets, free hotels, free food, free beer, wet t-shirt contests, and maybe some free PS3's for prizes...

Depends on if they offer free round trip tickets, free hotels, free food, free beer, wet t-shirt contests, and maybe some free PS3's for prizes...

Suspect any two of those items would get attendance up significantly.....;)

Suspect any two of those items would get attendance up significantly.....;)

Luckily for Colbert, he can follow Stewart so he will actually have something resembling an audience...

Actually I find Colbert funnier than Stewart most of the time.

Hmmm...his shtick is just tiresome to me. Its not very creative or imaginative. Seen one Colber' Repor'...seen em all...sorry nation...

What are you hoping for? I can see using the mocking nature as a springboard for SOMETHING...maybe a charitable benefit...bring in other comedians...make it a night worth actually attending.

I really don't know what I am hoping for, but I am pretty sure I am not going to go so I could careless.

If they live in DC probably. This is on the Saturday before one of the bigger college party nights. I can foresee there being many people pregaming before this event.

I really don't know what I am hoping for, but I am pretty sure I am not going to go so I could careless.

How?

;)

Sorry...Im married to an English professor...and she nails me on stuff like this all the time. Being from the south, I give her plenty of ammo...

They're comedians. Assuming they take anything particularly seriously is never a good plan.

They're comedians. Assuming they take anything particularly seriously is never a good plan.

I understand that, but the stuff that keeps popping up on facebook from the Daily Show, makes it seem like while Stewart wants people to have a good time, he is being serious about the message. Whereas Colbert is just being himself.

How?

;)

Sorry...Im married to an English professor...and she nails me on stuff like this all the time. Being from the south, I give her plenty of ammo...

Haha, one of my English Professors here does that to me all the damn time.

I understand that, but the stuff that keeps popping up on facebook from the Daily Show, makes it seem like while Stewart wants people to have a good time, he is being serious about the message. Whereas Colbert is just being himself.

The message is an important one.

What's the message? I thought this was just going to be a laugh-fest.

Back
Top Bottom