• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stewart, Colbert to Hold 10/30 Rallies

Which member?

It must be a member or members that really don't get it. It's not just about Christianity and it should never be broken up as the "Christian branch" and "Jewish branch" and "Muslim branch" with three different sites. It should be all of them together. I believe that was the goal on 8/28.

Well I don't know what to tell you Mellie but that certainly seems to be The Black Regiment's website. Sorry to pop your bubble.

Well I don't know what to tell you Mellie but that certainly seems to be The Black Regiment's website. Sorry to pop your bubble.

Don't go jumping to conclusions. I'm still curious as to who is in charge of that site.

And weren't you going to tell me about Beck "seething with hatred"?

You're right. Not all religions. Just the 3 major ones.

The Black Robe Regiment is made up of Jews, Christians and Muslims.

Those are not the 3 major religions in terms of world wide adherents. Judaism isn't even in the top ten (though the other two are #1 and #2 respectively). source

Indeed they aren't even the three biggest in the US as Buddhists outnumber Muslims. Its also worth mentioning that the unaffiliated and non-believers outnumber everybody else except Christians in the US (and everybody except the Christians and Muslims world-wide). At best you can say these are the three biggest Abrahamic religions, though its not even all of those as Baha'i is the fourth Abrahamic faith.

Last edited:
So? His image is all over websites everywhere. I don't think Beck started this site. I bet it was a Christian member of the BRR who doesn't really get it.

Still waiting on the "seething hatred" ....

Think what you want but it is certain that Beck is attracting radical fringe elements of the Christian right wing and in some cases promoting it.

Think what you want but it is certain that Beck is attracting radical fringe elements of the Christian right wing and in some cases promoting it.

What do you mean by this? Who are they? What do they believe?

And....still not interested in explaining your Rockefeller "seething hatred" comment?

Last edited:

And....still not interested in explaining your Rockefeller "seething hatred" comment?

I'm not familiar with that particular case, but Glenn Beck pretty much continuously talks about the evils of liberalism, calls progressivism "a cancer," (hell, I heard that one on his show today) etc. Have you never watched his show? He compares liberalism to the nazi's regularly. He somehow linked the word compassion to nazi's.

What universe do you live in?

Edit: and then there's that goldline scam of his, but that's more of a seething hatred for his own viewers...

Last edited:

I already posted a part of what that Black Robed Regiment believed. I also posted evidence that they are identifying with Beck.

What's to explain. Beck had a diatribe about Rockfeller.

I'm not familiar with that particular case, but Glenn Beck pretty much continuously talks about the evils of liberalism, calls progressivism "a cancer," etc. Have you never watched his show? He compares liberalism to the nazi's regularly. He somehow linked the word compassion to nazi's.

What universe do you live in?

He linked the word compassion to Nazis? Huh?

I agree that the progressive philosophy of big government, more spending, less individual responsibility, more "collective salvation" is a cancer. It's eating us alive as we speak. What universe have you been living in the past several decades?

Do I HATE progressives? Not at all. Do I disagree with their philosophy with every fiber of my being? You betcha. Why does disagreeing have to equal hate?

I already posted a part of what that Black Robed Regiment believed. I also posted evidence that they are identifying with Beck.

How are they "fringe religious right-wingers"? I see the radical fringe right in this country as the ones who want to kill abortion doctors/blow up abortion clinics, yell in people's faces about how "God hates gays" and create a theocracy.

Is that how you see it too and you think that's what the BRR wants to do? Or do you have a different definition?

What's to explain. Beck had a diatribe about Rockfeller.

Yes, he did. Now kindly explain how that was "seething hatred". Hatred for who? Hatred for what?

How are they "fringe religious right-wingers"? I see the radical fringe right in this country as the ones who want to kill abortion doctors/blow up abortion clinics, yell in people's faces about how "God hates gays" and create a theocracy.

From the BRR website:
It is to be a portal for Christians to communicate and network in order to restore the body of Christ to its rightful position of tolerant leadership in all aspects of our government.

That is fairly radical for a secular nation that treats all religions equally.

Yes, he did. Now kindly explain how that was "seething hatred". Hatred for who? Hatred for what?

He hates anything he deems "progressive" and Rockefeller was hardly a progressive.

From the BRR website:

That is fairly radical for a secular nation that treats all religions equally.

Agreed. Which is why I said whoever made this website doesn't really get it.

He hates anything he deems "progressive" and Rockefeller was hardly a progressive.

Explain his rant about Rockefeller Plaza because I really don't think you get it.

Agreed. Which is why I said whoever made this website doesn't really get it.
Explain his rant about Rockefeller Plaza because I really don't think you get it.

I give up and I don't think you will ever "get it".

I give up and I don't think you will ever "get it".

:shrug:

Maybe we can resume this after you've actually looked into what you're talking about.

:shrug:

Maybe we can resume this after you've actually looked into what you're talking about.

Maybe we can resume when you don't want everything spoon fed to you.

So your support of this historic event in American history.

5b56e183bd.jpg

Now is the time. Washington is the place. You are the people.

Rally to Restore Sanity

Live free or die hard. :peace

I would love to go because it sounds like a great excuse for a party.

I've already got my train ticket and hotel reservation!
[video]<table style='font:11px arial; color:#333; background-color:#f5f5f5' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='360' height='353'><tbody><tr style='background-color:#e5e5e5' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;'><a onclick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 'www.thedailyshow.com', '']);" target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com'>The Daily Show With Jon Stewart</a></td><td style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; text-align:right; font-weight:bold;'>Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c</td></tr><tr style='height:14px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;' colspan='2'<a onclick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 'www.thedailyshow.com', '/watch/thu-september-16-2010/rally-to-restore-sanity']);" target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-september-16-2010/rally-to-restore-sanity'>Rally to Restore Sanity<a></td></tr><tr style='height:14px; background-color:#353535' valign='middle'><td colspan='2' style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; width:360px; overflow:hidden; text-align:right'><a onclick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 'www.thedailyshow.com', '/']);" target='_blank' style='color:#96deff; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/'>www.thedailyshow.com</a></td></tr><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><embed style='display:block' src='http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:359366' width='360' height='301' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='window' allowFullscreen='true' flashvars='autoPlay=false' allowscriptaccess='always' allownetworking='all' bgcolor='#000000'></embed></td></tr><tr style='height:18px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><table style='margin:0px; text-align:center' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='100%' height='100%'><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a onclick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 'www.thedailyshow.com', '/full-episodes/']);" target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/'>Daily Show Full Episodes</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a onclick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 'www.indecisionforever.com', '/']);" target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.indecisionforever.com/'>Political Humor</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a onclick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 'www.thedailyshow.com', '/videos/tag/Tea+Party']);" target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/videos/tag/Tea+Party'>Tea Party</a></td></tr></table></td></tr></tbody></table>[/video]
John Stewart's Rally to Restore Sanity

Stephen Colbert's March to Keep Fear Alive

Stewart, Colbert to Hold 10/30 Rallies - Marc Ambinder - Politics - The Atlantic
~snip
It's "Fear!" v. "Simmer Down." Satirists Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert will hold competing and complimentary marches on Washington just days before the November elections, breaking the fourth wall and inserting themselves directly into the political debate in a way that might influence the November elections.

Appearing on each other's shows tonight, the two men portrayed the 10/30 marches as representing the true divide in American politics: Stewart's march is for people who want to "take it down a notch for America." Colbert's march is about "freaking out for fear," he said, because there are a lot of things to fear. Although Stewart's politics are left of center, his video montage of fear-mongers included Democrats who believe that President Bush was Hitler-esque and radical leftists who believe that 9/11 was an inside job.

Stewart and Colbert have disclaimed any interest in participating in politics. But the timing, and message, are undeniably political -- and not helpful to conservatives. Audiences for both shows tend to be younger and more liberal than the older, conservative independents who watch Fox News. The events were conceived as a response of sorts to Glenn Beck's recent "Restoring Honor" rally, which drew as much as 100,000 conservatives to the Washington mall on the anniversary of Marlin Luther King's historical speech. I'd imagine that these rallies will draw counter-rallies, and that smart conservative folks will try to incorporate them in a way that helps Republicans as well.

Depending on how the media covers the run-up to these rallies, Stewart and Colbert could generate interest and enthusiasm among the type of voters who have so far been turned off by the independent conservative resurgence.

Your enthusiasm is premature since the permit hasn't been approved or issued yet. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2012930539_rallies18.html They must still show they have the proper insurances and police presence. Also, all estimates based on past capacity counts for the area Beck's rally utilized confirms a turnout closer to 500,000 than 100,000 and the other ridiculously low estimates given by the main stream media who refuse to give credit where credit is due to anyone on the right.

http://www.therightscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/bigcrowd.jpg

Last edited:
He linked the word compassion to Nazis? Huh?

I agree that the progressive philosophy of big government, more spending, less individual responsibility, more "collective salvation" is a cancer. It's eating us alive as we speak. What universe have you been living in the past several decades?

Do I HATE progressives? Not at all. Do I disagree with their philosophy with every fiber of my being? You betcha. Why does disagreeing have to equal hate?

Calling someone a cancer is hate, and it boggles my mind that you don't see that. He uses the word evil when referring to liberals/progressives. The only reason you don't see it as hate is because you agree with him.

And yes, he actually discussed how the nazi's used the word compassion. LIBERALS talk about compassion too!

I'm pretty convinced that you've never actually watched his show or listened to his radio show.

Calling someone a cancer is hate, and it boggles my mind that you don't see that. He uses the word evil when referring to liberals/progressives. The only reason you don't see it as hate is because you agree with him.

And yes, he actually discussed how the nazi's used the word compassion. LIBERALS talk about compassion too!

I'm pretty convinced that you've never actually watched his show or listened to his radio show.

LOL! I listen to his radio show every day. :lol:

He says that the progressive philosophy is a cancer and I completely agree. "Evil" might be too strong of a word. I agree that he hates the progressive philosophy. Does he hate people? He does always say he hates Woodrow Wilson. Anyone else? I don't know his heart, so....

Honestly why do you keep saying over and over again that the only the left is angry and hate filled? If anything I see more people on the right that are just plain pissed off.

Not agreeing with your viewpoint does not automaticly mean pissed off and hate filled.

Compare the rallies. Look at liberals behaviors for the last 10 years. Then come back and talk.

They're just going to make fun of people? I don't really get the point of it. Just entertainment?

You really dont get it? Stop and think about what it says about the people that engage in the behavior and those that would attend. Its not that hard top get. Its both sad and hilarious at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom