• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Starcraft II

Further thoughts. I like that the campaign is slightly nonlinear. The Adjutant looks awesome, and some of her movements are really cool looking. Balance is not quite as good as the original. Story is more in depth, but not really as good.

Well I got SC2 the day it came out, and on installing it, it told me I needed to install Vista service pack 1. I didn't think it was really absolutely necessary, but figured what the hell, it's probably a good idea to install it anyway. Boy was that a mistake. It crashed my computer hard. Fast forward through 3 days of me cursing at my computer, spending an hour and a half on the phone with "Dave" from India, and doing a clean install on my second harddrive and I finally got to play the freaking game.

I'm not sure I'd say it was worth the hassle it caused (not much is), but it was pretty awesome. My biggest issue with it was that almost every mission was timed in some manner. I never really got the opportunity to sit back in my base and build up an overwhelmingly large assault force, then watch it roll over my enemies like an avalanche. I LIKE doing that, and I missed getting to do so.

Finally got it today. So far so great.

It's going to take a LOT of getting used to though, after being so used to the original's feel and look.

I've downloaded this game, and already beaten three foreigners. One handed his ass to me when his forces lumbered down to the center while I had mine near his main base. Another tried to kill me with en masse, but luckily I survived due to the superior terrain I had. The last one practically tried suicide with building another base early, while I sent about 24 zerglings.
However, I had a brutal struggle with one fellow Korean. I had about 12 zealots, 12 immortals, and more uncountable forces, while he had about 36 zerglings, 36 banelings, 24 hydralisks, and more uncountable forces. He survived only by one more building that I hadn't discovered.

This game is awesome, and if you want to play a good strategy game, I highly recommend this game

Further thoughts. I like that the campaign is slightly nonlinear. The Adjutant looks awesome, and some of her movements are really cool looking. Balance is not quite as good as the original. Story is more in depth, but not really as good.

On youtube you can find videos detailing the story of the first game. Upon review, you'll probably discover that your opinion on SC1's story is clouded somewhat by age and nostalgia. :) Blizzard's stories have always been entertaining, but never really... good. Usually quite bad, actually.

As for balance, remember that SC1 was nowhere in the same universe as "balanced" until Brood War was released, and even then it took a few years of tweaking to really nail it. SC2 has been out for like three weeks, they're still in the "Find the remaining crash bugs" and "For ****'s sake how do people come up with these exploits?" stage.

On youtube you can find videos detailing the story of the first game. Upon review, you'll probably discover that your opinion on SC1's story is clouded somewhat by age and nostalgia. :) Blizzard's stories have always been entertaining, but never really... good. Usually quite bad, actually.

As for balance, remember that SC1 was nowhere in the same universe as "balanced" until Brood War was released, and even then it took a few years of tweaking to really nail it. SC2 has been out for like three weeks, they're still in the "Find the remaining crash bugs" and "For ****'s sake how do people come up with these exploits?" stage.

I actually tend to like Blizzard stories. They are not as in depth detailed as some(remember, I played EQ for years, now that is in depth story), but entertaining and tie things together well.

On further, further review, I find that the campaign is way too easy. I find the missions almost trivial in some cases. There also seems to be a real push away from the longer missions from SC1 which where my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom