• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Southern Baptist Leader Caught Propositioning Gay Sex

RightatNYU said:
I'm a nerd at heart and I haven't yet fought in a war, but that's about all that describes me from above. Or most of my other friends who see things the same way as me. What, pray tell, is that statement based on? And marxism? Bah.
This is a great piece for learning about neo-conservativism. I've been using it a lot lately, lol.
http://www.csmonitor.com/specials/neocon/
It originated in the '60s by breakaway leftists. Which, no doubt, is why I relate to them much more than I do traditional or social conservatives. Life is weird. True neo-conservatives get a bum rap by getting lumped in with other conservatives, IMO. Their views are much more intellectual. Not that I am a full-hearted supporter of their philosophy, just that they are largely misunderstood.

mixedmedia said:
This is a great piece for learning about neo-conservativism. I've been using it a lot lately, lol.
http://www.csmonitor.com/specials/neocon/
It originated in the '60s by breakaway leftists. Which, no doubt, is why I relate to them much more than I do traditional or social conservatives. Life is weird. True neo-conservatives get a bum rap by getting lumped in with other conservatives, IMO. Their views are much more intellectual. Not that I am a full-hearted supporter of their philosophy, just that they are largely misunderstood.

Thank you very much. I haven't found many good, concise sources to use to explain it before, but that's a good one.

Stace said:
Let's see here, how in the world could I have possible missed all of that.....Oh yeah, it was, what, 1998 when his affair with Lewinsky was actually publicized? Which would put me at about 14/15 years old, which meant that I was busy with school and work, and...oh yeah, didn't give a crap about politics then.

Which would have made you about 6 when the Jennifer Flowers tapes were made public and Bill and Hillary did thier infamour 60 minutes interview. And I guess aroung 10 when his assualt on Paula Jones was made public. Maybe you should do some reading and get up to speed on it.

Stinger said:
Which would have made you about 6 when the Jennifer Flowers tapes were made public and Bill and Hillary did thier infamour 60 minutes interview. And I guess aroung 10 when his assualt on Paula Jones was made public. Maybe you should do some reading and get up to speed on it.

Are we really still talking about clinton? What does he have to do with someone elses shortcomings?

RightatNYU said:
wait....you're a bassist....and yet you can operate a computer and spell most things correctly?

this just doesn't make sense.
:2razz:

It could be worse. I could have been a drummer. :2razz:

RightatNYU said:
I'm a nerd at heart and I haven't yet fought in a war, but that's about all that describes me from above. Or most of my other friends who see things the same way as me. What, pray tell, is that statement based on? And marxism? Bah.

Marxism yes. Irving Kristol, the father of Neoconservatism, was a card carry member of the Communist Party, and was a member of a group at NYU which supported the politics of Leon Trotsky. His son, William Kristol, has stated on many occasions that he would support a Liberal Hawk over a Conservative.

RightatNYU said:
Are we really still talking about clinton? What does he have to do with someone elses shortcomings?

It has to do with the left rejoicing in the moral failings of one while celebrating those of the other.

Stinger said:
It has to do with the left rejoicing in the moral failings of one while celebrating those of the other.
It doesnt appear to me that they are celebrating Clinton so much as they are pointing out the hypocrisy of this church leader.

As for rejoicing in moral failings, dont be hypocritical yourself. The right rejoiced in hauling Clinton up in front of the Senate for his impeachment proceedings. Hey, you know they did. Do do I. I was one of them. Clinton deserved it, but this thread is not about Bill Clinton.

danarhea said:
If God is the kind of judge the Reverent depicts, I sure wouldnt want to be in the Reverend's shoes. What would you call it? Oh yes, a hotfoot from hell.

Stinger - Fender Jazz Bass. Its one of 3 I have. I also have a couple of six strings. Contrary to popular opinion, not all bass players are so retarded that they cant figure out anything with more than 5 strings. LOL.

I did work with a bass player who actually soldered his tuning pegs in place to keep his strings in tune. :roll:

BTW- I'm a huge Jaco fan and I recorded with bassist Victor Wooten a few years ago.

images

danarhea said:
It could be worse. I could have been a drummer. :2razz:

Hey, drummers are smart. They have to hit all these things with sticks that make noises that go boom. It's a real field for intellectual powerhouses.:mrgreen:

danarhea said:
Marxism yes. Irving Kristol, the father of Neoconservatism, was a card carry member of the Communist Party, and was a member of a group at NYU which supported the politics of Leon Trotsky. His son, William Kristol, has stated on many occasions that he would support a Liberal Hawk over a Conservative.

Just because one of the founders believed something doesn't mean that the current incarnation has anything to do with it.

The founder of Planned Parenthood was a rabid eugenist, but that doesnt mean that ALLLL people from PP want to breed a master race. (Just a majority) :lol:

RightatNYU said:
wait....you're a bassist....and yet you can operate a computer and spell most things correctly?

this just doesn't make sense.
:2razz:

Hey now, us bass players have many talents. Our fingers also have magical powers. We can make any woman religious (Oh my god!). :rofl

hipsterdufus said:
I did work with a bass player who actually soldered his tuning pegs in place to keep his strings in tune. :roll:

BTW- I'm a huge Jaco fan and I recorded with bassist Victor Wooten a few years ago.

images

Jaco was great! And drummers are distrubed people because they hit things for fun.:mrgreen:

RightatNYU said:
Just because one of the founders believed something doesn't mean that the current incarnation has anything to do with it.

The founder of Planned Parenthood was a rabid eugenist, but that doesnt mean that ALLLL people from PP want to breed a master race. (Just a majority) :lol:

However like I said, neo-conservatism has roots in marxism. It's important to realise the Republican party isn't WHOLLY neo-conservatism. Only their foreign policies and their spending policies are neo-con.

Stinger said:

Why should I waste my time? If I actually wanted to debate about Clinton getting a blow job and all that, sure. But that's not what the real topic is here, and outside of debate, it doesn't interest me.

Stinger said:

If a president cheats on his wife, that is no ones business other than his families. Its not like Clinton is the only President to have done so:

George Washington
Thomas Jefferson
Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Dwight Eisenhower
John F. Kennedy
Lyndon Johnson

All are presidents who had extramarital affairs.

Now if Clinton had ran on a platform of outlawing adultery and then after he and made a career out of speaking out against it, he had an affair, then your comparison might hold some water.

It’s all about hypocrisy. No one cares about Hugh Hefner having numerous lovers at one time and surrounding himself with women who could be his granddaughters because Hugh Hefner has not made a career out of chastising others for doing the same thing.

However, its quite different when a prominent leader of the Religious Right who has made a career out of cultural war issues like Homosexuality, gets caught trying to solicit sex from a male prostitute.

Another comparison would be that no one cares if Tommy Chong gets high because Tommy Chong believes that marijuana should be legal and he has never chastised anyone for smoking pot. Otherwise, his ideology is consistent with his lifestyle.

However, when it came to light that Rush Limbaugh was a narcotics junkie, considering he had made a career out of cultural war issues, most people saw him as quite the hypocrite. Especially after he went running to the ACLU to keep the government out of his medical records.

The moral of the story is that if you make a career out of the personal failings of others, you had better walk the straight and narrow in life. The problem on the Religious and Cultural Right is that their lifestyle is usually inconsistent with their ideology.

Last edited:
RightatNYU said:
Hey, drummers are smart. They have to hit all these things with sticks that make noises that go boom. It's a real field for intellectual powerhouses.:mrgreen:

Yea, I had a drummer knock on my door this morning. At least, I think he was a drummer. The knocking speeded up halfway through :)

independent_thinker2002 said:
Hey now, us bass players have many talents. Our fingers also have magical powers. We can make any woman religious (Oh my god!). :rofl

By slapping them?

Caine said:
Or, you can agree with one, but you have to bring up a dead horse like the Clinton situation in which has nothing to do with this hypocrite piece of **** "Christian Leader".

Hey the Democrats made their bed with Clinton and now they have to sleep in it. They have no standing to complain about other sexual behavior. Can you imagine if a reporter would dare ask Hillary what she thinks of sexual harassment in the work place? She has no standing on the issue. How about Bill speaking before NOW about protection of women in the workforce, wouldn't that be a joke.

So now some preacher gets caught up in a sex scandal and the left wants to use it to smear conservatives? Give me a break.

danarhea said:
Yea, I had a drummer knock on my door this morning. At least, I think he was a drummer. The knocking speeded up halfway through :)

And do you know the difference between a good bass player and a good guitar player?

Stinger said:
Hey the Democrats made their bed with Clinton and now they have to sleep in it. They have no standing to complain about other sexual behavior. Can you imagine if a reporter would dare ask Hillary what she thinks of sexual harassment in the work place? She has no standing on the issue. How about Bill speaking before NOW about protection of women in the workforce, wouldn't that be a joke.

So now some preacher gets caught up in a sex scandal and the left wants to use it to smear conservatives? Give me a break.

Where was Clinton convicted of sexual harassment? How would Hillary be responsible if he was? Your cognitive dissonance is duly noted.

danarhea said:
If God is the kind of judge the Reverent depicts, I sure wouldnt want to be in the Reverend's shoes. What would you call it? Oh yes, a hotfoot from hell.

He's a Christian preacher isn't he, he will be forgiven, at least at the pearly gates according to rumour. Of course if I were a member of his church I'd be showing him the door or at least a seat on back row from now on.

Stinger - Fender Jazz Bass. Its one of 3 I have.

Nice so if you are married do you get the same as I do "You already have six why do you need on more"

I also have a couple of six strings. Contrary to popular opinion, not all bass players are so retarded that they cant figure out anything with more than 5 strings. LOL.

Actually played classical bass in school, and then the Beatles showed up one night on Ed Sullivan and Harrison was so cool playing the big ole Gretch!

independent_thinker2002 said:
Where was Clinton convicted of sexual harassment?

He settled for $850,000. And then of course there were all the other women he assualted.

How would Hillary be responsible if he was?

If she chooses to stay with a man and publicly defend a man who treats women as he does then she bears responsibilty for her choices. If she aids the attempts to intimidate publicly smear the women he attacks then she bears responsbility for her actions.

Back
Top Bottom