• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Southern Baptist Leader Caught Propositioning Gay Sex

Engimo said:
That's not the point, silly. I'm not defending Clinton - he definitely didn't do the right thing. Clinton, though, did not make a career out of claiming that people that had oral sex outside of marriage were going to hell for all eternity before doing so himself.

This guy spends his whole life espousing the evils of homosexuality, and lo and behold, he solicits a male prostitute. It's the irony of it.
I wonder what the exact words were that got him busted? I bet it was something along the lines of "Hey sweetheart, your pants or mine?". LOL.

Last edited:
SouthernDemocrat said:
Yeah well it sure was nice when the president lying about sex was the biggest problem our nation faced.:roll:

No, the biggest problem was that a major terrorist group was growing, plotting, and carrying out terrorist acts, all while Bill was getting head.:roll:

Deegan said:
No, the biggest problem was that a major terrorist group was growing, plotting, and carrying out terrorist acts, all while Bill was getting head.:roll:

Sure, Clinton was all about ignoring terrorism, mhm.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9607/30/clinton.terrorism/ - Pushing for anti-terror legislation in 1996.

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/clinton.htm - Debunking of bits of that.

Washington Post said:
In August 1998, when [Clinton] ordered missile strikes in an effort to kill Osama bin Laden, there was widespread speculation — from such people as Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) — hat he was acting precipitously to draw attention away from the Monica S. Lewinsky scandal, then at full boil. Some said he was mistaken for personalizing the terrorism struggle so much around bin Laden. And when he ordered the closing of Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the White House after domestic terrorism in Oklahoma City, some Republicans accused him of hysteria.
. . . the federal budget on anti-terror activities tripled during Clinton's watch, to about $6.7 billion. After the effort to kill bin Laden with missiles in August 1998 failed — he had apparently left a training camp in Afghanistan a few hours earlier — recent news reports have detailed numerous other instances, as late as December 2000, when Clinton was on the verge of unleashing the military again. In each case, the White House chose not to act because of uncertainty that intelligence was good enough to find bin Laden, and concern that a failed attack would only enhance his stature in the Arab world.

Yeah, he was worrying about terrorism AS he was getting head - literally.

http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2004/7/30/154040/162 - A whole bunch of Clinton-led anti-terror initiatives.

Listen, blast Clinton for lying to the public and getting some head, but don't criticize him for being lax on terrorism - he simply wasn't.

Stinger said:
Which are OK as opposed to homosexual acts?

He was also engage in sexual harassment of his subordinate workers and committing perjury and obstruction of justice in a federal court over it which is what that real issue was, not the sex.

No, the point was that Clinton was not outspoken against oral sex, and the good Reverend was outspoken against homosexuality. Don't see how you missed that.....

Last edited:
This does not surprise me. I have many male friends that have slept with priests. One friend is actually a magnet for them. What is more interesting is that this friend looks a lot younger than he is. When the priests were coming around, he looked 15.

SouthernDemocrat said:
Yeah well it sure was nice when the president lying about sex was the biggest problem our nation faced.:roll:

You just don't get it and you probably never will.......Clinton was not impeached for having sex in the oval office he was impeached for lying under oath.............

GarzaUK said:
From what I've seen in here in last year Republicans and Democrats are as bad as each other for hypocrisy.

Its easy for you not being a U.S. citizen to criticize but I reluctantly agree with you to a certain extent........That is the main reason I belong to no political party..........

Engimo said:
That's not the point, silly. I'm not defending Clinton - he definitely didn't do the right thing. Clinton, though, did not make a career out of claiming that people that had oral sex outside of marriage were going to hell for all eternity before doing so himself.

This guy spends his whole life espousing the evils of homosexuality, and lo and behold, he solicits a male prostitute. It's the irony of it.

Clinton was the daddy of all hypocrites in that he carried his bible into church every Sunday and had Oral Sex with ML the rest of the week........

Don't get me wrong, I am not defending this preacher but there is no difference between Clinton and him..........

Navy Pride said:
Clinton was the daddy of all hypocrites in that he carried his bible into church every Sunday and had Oral Sex with ML the rest of the week........

Don't get me wrong, I am not defending this preacher but there is no difference between Clinton and him..........

What? Are you crazy?

This person made A LIVING saying that gay people were going to hell - an integral part of his job and his life. Clinton did not do the same with oral sex. The two things are not comparable, and if you can't see the difference I think have a big perspective problem.

Engimo said:
Sure, Clinton was all about ignoring terrorism, mhm.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9607/30/clinton.terrorism/ - Pushing for anti-terror legislation in 1996.

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/clinton.htm - Debunking of bits of that.

Yeah, he was worrying about terrorism AS he was getting head - literally.

http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2004/7/30/154040/162 - A whole bunch of Clinton-led anti-terror initiatives.

Listen, blast Clinton for lying to the public and getting some head, but don't criticize him for being lax on terrorism - he simply wasn't.

LOL, are you honestly going to use that weak attempt at addressing the problem of terror, are you?:rofl

Deegan said:
LOL, are you honestly going to use that weak attempt at addressing the problem of terror, are you?:rofl

Yeah, launching cruise missiles at Bin Laden was pretty weak. Clinton was such a limp-wristed ****** with terrorism.

Engimo said:
Yeah, launching cruise missiles at Bin Laden was pretty weak. Clinton was such a limp-wristed ****** with terrorism.

And who did he hit? Did he follow it up? Did he do anything else to curb the growing enlistment in to this terrorist group? Did he do anything but get another blow job?:roll:

Yeah, it was about as weak as it it gets my friend.

Deegan said:
And who did he hit? Did he follow it up? Did he do anything else to curb the growing enlistment in to this terrorist group? Did he do anything but get another blow job?:roll:

Yeah, it was about as weak as it it gets my friend.

Oh yeah, cause Bush has done such a bang up job of finding OBL. :lol: And we all know how much terrorist enlistment has decreased since the Iraq War...no...wait a minute...

Engimo said:
What? Are you crazy?

This person made A LIVING saying that gay people were going to hell - an integral part of his job and his life. Clinton did not do the same with oral sex. The two things are not comparable, and if you can't see the difference I think have a big perspective problem.

Please, it's Navy_Pride. He spends his life comparing apples and oranges and then acting smug while the rest of us try to figure out what he's been smoking.

"Oh, look, a fundie Christian has been caught having homosexual sex and being hypocritical! What shall I do? Hmm... I'll irrelevently bring up a Democrat president who was famously engaged in a oral sex and make it a competition!"

:screwy

Kelzie said:
Oh yeah, cause Bush has done such a bang up job of finding OBL. :lol: And we all know how much terrorist enlistment has decreased since the Iraq War...no...wait a minute...

How do you know Bin laden is even alive? We have not heard from him since November 2004...........

vergiss said:
Please, it's Navy_Pride. He spends his life comparing apples and oranges and then acting smug while the rest of us try to figure out what he's been smoking.

"Oh, look, a fundie Christian has been caught having homosexual sex and being hypocritical! What shall I do? Hmm... I'll irrelevently bring up a Democrat president who was famously engaged in a oral sex and make it a competition!"

:screwy

This guy is a scumbag...........That said he is no worse then Slick Willie.........

Navy Pride said:
How do you know Bin laden is even alive? We have not heard from him since November 2004...........

:neutral: What, so if we don't hear from him for a year, he must be dead thanks to the glory of Bush?

Honestly, Navy, just shut up already. What does Clinton have to do with this guy? Do you know what irony means?

Well, I must personally agree with Navy. Talk about hypocrites, and that the man who did this is, but don't forget what one of the Patron Saints of the left did as well.

Axismaster said:
Well, I must personally agree with Navy. Talk about hypocrites, and that the man who did this is, but don't forget what one of the Patron Saints of the left did as well.

And exactly how was what Clinton did hypocritical? Wrong, maybe, but as many, MANY people have pointed out, it's not like he spent a major amount of time discussing the sins of BJs.

vergiss said:
:neutral: What, so if we don't hear from him for a year, he must be dead thanks to the glory of Bush?

Honestly, Navy, just shut up already. What does Clinton have to do with this guy? Do you know what irony means?

I told you I am going to wash your mouth out with soap and send you to your room young lady if you don't behave.......;)

Thats said its called a double standard.........You don't live here you have no clue but Clinton can all kind of perverted things and its alright with the Liberal left here but if a so called Conservative does it then its really a bad thing........

Can you say Hypocrite??????

Navy Pride said:
I told you I am going to wash your mouth out with soap and send you to your room young lady if you don't behave.......;)

Thats said its called a double standard.........You don't live here you have no clue but Clinton can all kind of perverted things and its alright with the Liberal left here but if a so called Conservative does it then its really a bad thing........

Why yes I can: Lonnie Latham.

Clinton card? Oral sex.

Fine. Over it. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN.

Let's play the Bush hypocrite card. The man is a born again Christian and has allowed many folks on death row get killed. Even a mentally retarded man. He espouses the "culture of life" but doesn't do anything about it. Hmmm. HYPOCRITE.

There, now both of them are, can we get back to the debate instead of these lame hijacks?

Okay, come on guys.

Whenever something happens that makes the right/christians look bad, we can't say "OH WELL LOOK WHAT CLINTON DID!!!!!!"

I despise the man as much as anyone, but when you start bringing him out to compare him to EVERYTHING, it sort of loses the effect...

Navy Pride said:

Given the fuss that was kicked up, tribes in the Amazon would know about Clinton getting head. :lol:

No one should cheat on their spouse - duh. But you're refusing to answer my question: what does that have to do with a fundamentalist preacher who's spoken about the the "evils" of homosexuality being caught propositioning another man?

I doubt anyone cares about the proposition itself. If it were anyone else, I wouldn't give a sod. It's more to do with the irony and hypocrisy of the individual involved. Either you're creating an irrelevent argument where there is none in some annoying attempt at hijacking the thread with a liberals vs. conservatives contest - or you're a total dumbarse.

Back
Top Bottom