• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So? What do you think of the new DP?

What do you think of the new DP?

• Total voters
I guess you would not mind being called godless simply because your parents sent you to a school that teaches science classes. Yes, we do have a poster who says that crap.
Yea I would probably ignore that person also.

Redress, is there a forum where all our issues can be addressed? You advise here might be missed by others if they aren’t following this thread.

I think I posted too soon.

Go to the bottom of the forum index. Several threads are in that section.

Change terrifies me.

Change terrifies me.

Me too, unless it is a change I wanted. I am a strong believer in the phrase, "If it is not broken, don't fix it." Of course, vBulletin itself was broken. But this switch subtracted features I liked.

I guess you would not mind being called godless simply because your parents sent you to a school that teaches science classes. Yes, we do have a poster who says that crap.
Moderator's Warning:
Politics elsewhere please, let's keep this on topic. Thank you.

Even other XF forums do not hide quoted from ignored usernames, so I had no idea it was possible.

Ignoring Donald Trump supporters with only one click is also way overdue after visiting member profiles and confirming I want to ignore them.

Well I won't ignore someone on those grounds, only how they treat me. There are still plenty of trump supporters who can have a civil debate here. That's the point of the forum after all. But ignoring someone and still getting notified they've responded to your post is too tempting. If they can't play nice and I break discipline and llet them drag me into the kind of juvenile mudslinging they seek here, then it's best I don't see them at all. So yes it's a nice function.

Otherwise some buttons have been moved around but we'll get used to it.

I just changed my vote from "It's okay" to "I think I'll love it."

The old site moved like molasses. It reminded me of being 16 and spending fifteen minutes downloading a still image of a pair of boobs over dial-up only for the download to freeze halfway through because somebody in the house somewhere tried making a phone call.

Just one more forum format.

Taptalk looks the same. Still can't read or repond to polls. Quote function does not work so far.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Not through tapatalk
Now i cant quote posts through tapatalk which is worse 😪
I'm an avid Tapatalk user myself and I haven't had the time to dive into the issues yet. I tried to send a PM earlier today and it wouldn't let me. I'm not sure how well Tapatalk works with xF so it may be a while before we can get a fix. Having said that, the mobile site is amazing.

I am wondering if the old emojis are going to be imported because I really liked those, though the current selection is quite extensive.
The old emoji's are not coming over. They would look horrible in this interface. We may add more emoji's down the road but there are a lot of items on my "to do" list still.

The only part I abhor is being forced to have the butchers apron, the Union Jack being pinned like the star of David to my name. My flag is the lion rampant, or at the very least the st Andrews cross. I am not British even though Thatcher passed legislation to made it so, I detest everything the Union Jack represents and for what it stands.
There is an option in your settings to not display the flag - https://debatepolitics.com/account/privacy

Well I won't ignore someone on those grounds, only how they treat me. There are still plenty of trump supporters who can have a civil debate here. That's the point of the forum after all. But ignoring someone and still getting notified they've responded to your post is too tempting. If they can't play nice and I break discipline and llet them drag me into the kind of juvenile mudslinging they seek here, then it's best I don't see them at all. So yes it's a nice function.

Otherwise some buttons have been moved around but we'll get used to it.

I start ignoring Trump supporters when they act the same way he does - insulting everyone who disagrees with him and refusing to have any kind of rational debate. Some people have no idea what the word "debate" means and just spout lies in every post.

I know it’s early yet, but what do you think so far?

The process of posting a poll is much better here. It doesn’t post until you’re done with all your options, so no more running out of time to post the poll. Also, there’s an option to allow people to change their votes, which I’ve enabled for this poll.

I don't like it but that's likely mostly because I was used to the other format and I generally don't like change. Give it a bit and I'll probably like it as much.

Curious. Is the section “Who Read This Thread” useful?

I like it, personally. Can’t see a ton of use for it beyond refuting or confirming whether someone actually visited a thread or topic they claimed not to know about.

I start ignoring Trump supporters when they act the same way he does - insulting everyone who disagrees with him and refusing to have any kind of rational debate. Some people have no idea what the word "debate" means and just spout lies in every post.

Good grief, man, we get it. Rarely, if ever, will you favor a Trump supporter with your precious pearls of wisdom. We’ll just have to learn to pick the shattered pieces of our lives and move on.

Yeah I put one or two on the list for rambling off topic and not making sense. That was an easy decision though - usually they were newcomers who went full retard right off the bat and I decided there's no point dealing with them.

The majority on my list though are there after weeks or months of rude or offensive behavior, so I gave them plenty of chances to improve. Some people honestly just don't want a civil debate.

Anyway it's a good feature. You can tailor the environment: As I have done, you could limit your sparring partners to those who act like grownups; or go the other way and get down in the mud with everyone who likes that sort of thing; or even create a 'safe space' where you only hear from those who agree with you - though anyone doing that would miss out on the debate part of the site's purpose.

The old emoji's are not coming over. They would look horrible in this interface. We may add more emoji's down the road but there are a lot of items on my "to do" list still.
Thats cool. Thanks for what you are doing.

I like the button which allows me to quickly see everyone's personal email address and home phone number.

I'm kidding, that was a joke...

I like the new forum, they did a good job!

New things always take some time getting used to. I'm sure we'll all be experts on it in no time. Thanks to the admins for the updates!

Back
Top Bottom