• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So? What do you think of the new DP?

What do you think of the new DP?

• Total voters
It's snappy, looks updated and current, all the functions work as they should, and are pretty easy to find.

It reminds me a lot of the "new Facebook"... which I also don't care for.

Harder to read and distinguish between sections etc.

But I'm not here a lot anymore so.... (shrug)

Change is hard, but give it some short time and you'll wonder why it took so long to switch! vBulletin was the best many years ago, but that time has passed.

I'm far too busy; the movers should have taken care of it...

Obviously they were not able to do it for technological reasons. This was clearly explained. Again, if you did not save your data, that was entirely your fault. You were specifically told to save blogs, profile pictures, and more last week.

Not the same thing. "Edit" does not remove the post. "Cancel" is useful when in the middle of typing I change my mind and decide that I do not want to post at all.
f5

Interesting section under Members is who has the highest numbers of messages. TurtleDude had an astonishing 238,468 !!!
The next highest is CaptainCourtesy a mere 156,723.

Holy crap and I thought I wasted too much time here. Is that even possible?

The only part I abhor is being forced to have the butchers apron, the Union Jack being pinned like the star of David to my name. My flag is the lion rampant, or at the very least the st Andrews cross. I am not British even though Thatcher passed legislation to made it so, I detest everything the Union Jack represents and for what it stands.

I agree on the distinguished areas. They look to just blend. I'm in a nightmare because phone went upgrade, FB went upgrade and now DP. I ty to do something on any of those three its.... BONG try again loser. :cautious:

I like the grey color scheme and the new posts now load while I am writing. It also seems smoother. I am wondering if the old emojis are going to be imported because I really liked those, though the current selection is quite extensive. Anywho this new software seems to be a very nice upgrade. Thanks much to the team and their hard work is very much appreciated(y):).

The only part I abhor is being forced to have the butchers apron, the Union Jack being pinned like the star of David to my name. My flag is the lion rampant, or at the very least the st Andrews cross. I am not British even though Thatcher passed legislation to made it so, I detest everything the Union Jack represents and for what it stands.

You are speaking of the Union Jack which represents all of the UK?

Scotland is still part of the UK..... Right?

And why reference "the star of David"?

Jew bothered by that?

If you scroll all the way to the bottom, there should be a little paint brush icon on the left. Clicking on it lets you choose from 4 different styles. One of the other styles might be easier for you to read. I personally like both the "shades of..." styles.

If you scroll all the way to the bottom, there should be a little paint brush icon on the left. Clicking on it lets you choose from 4 different styles. One of the other styles might be easier for you to read. I personally like both the "shades of..." styles.
Thanks for the tip. :)

I know it’s early yet, but what do you think so far?

The process of posting a poll is much better here. It doesn’t post until you’re done with all your options, so no more running out of time to post the poll. Also, there’s an option to allow people to change their votes, which I’ve enabled for this poll.
Don't like it, have seen similar formatting on other sites and never liked it then and don't care for this. Hopefully the update's will make it more user friendly, right now I see no improvement and less usability.

The process of posting a poll is much better here. It doesn’t post until you’re done with all your options, so no more running out of time to post the poll. Also, there’s an option to allow people to change their votes, which I’ve enabled for this poll.
It will take some getting used to, but all the functions I was used to using are still here.

So what was wrong with the old style?
Probably nothing. This may be driven by a cost factor. Or an announced change in
VBuliten’s policy. Or . . .

Back
Top Bottom