• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So I'm like all broken or something.

Ready to scream.

My MRI was done and FAXED on Fri at 3pm. My "fmaily practitioner" hasn't gotten around to reading it. "We have a 72 hour policy" for getting back to patients on the MRI...

I'm about to pull my hair out here.

That sucks. Hoping that it is not anything serious.

That sucks. Hoping that it is not anything serious.

Well the MRI folks seemed amazed my Family Practitioner's office hadn't talked to me about it yet....

See, now I gotta go find a new Family Doc.

Well the MRI folks seemed amazed my Family Practitioner's office hadn't talked to me about it yet....

See, now I gotta go find a new Family Doc.

You gotta stay on them MrV... and good luck finding a Dr. who actually wants to find and correct the root causes of your problems rather than chase the symptoms.

Hang in there buddy.

That sucks, dude. I got a bum ankle and it's a bitch. Hopefully it's something that can be helped through special rehab exercises. It helped a lot for mine.

And call up your doc and tell him he's a ****ing douchebag. It won't do **** for your foot, but it'll still make you feel better. :lol:

GRRR... and I got Season Passes for the family to SeaWorld. :(

Look at the bight side, you didn't have season passes for Footlocker. :lol:

Seriously, that sucks man.

On the plus side, if you are in a wheelchair at sea world, you should get to go to the front of the line for the rides. No wait whatsoever.

Every time I busted my ankle as a kid in the summer, I used to make it a point to go to Six Flags Great America so that I could get on the rides right away.

ALL RIGHT!

The answer that 2 weeks, blood tests, X-Rays and an MRI have determined is....

A stress-induced, non-impact severe sprain.

Translation: The Talus, whilst walking, moved out of place causing damage to the surrounding ligaments. It's not a "Break" it's a serious soft tissue injury. They didn't give me a recovery time... yet. Supposed to call back with that information.

ALL RIGHT!

Translation: The Talus, whilst walking, moved out of place causing damage to the surrounding ligaments. It's not a "Break" it's a serious soft tissue injury. They didn't give me a recovery time... yet. Supposed to call back with that information.

Glad you finally have an answer for all the pain you've been having. Be sure to follow your doc's advice carefully because ligaments, being non-vascularized, take a long time to heal. Good luck! :)

ALL RIGHT!

Well, at least it's good news. I've got a similar issue caused by a large bone spur in my right ankle that will sprain the ligament all the time on me if I'm not careful (I basically have to wear a brace any time I'm doing anything that can risk twisting my ankle at all and I can't cross my left foot over the right one because the heal of my foot will cause enough pressure to grate the ligament on the spur).

The biggest worry you have right now is strengthening the damaged ligaments and preventing a reinjury.

I've had so many sprains I can tell you that even after the pain has gone away, you aren't fully recovered yet. It takes at least 6 months for the ligaments to really heal from a bad sprain, even though for me the pain itself has never lasted much more than a month or two. A very bad one can take up to a year to heal fully.

The ligament will be weak for a while afteward making reinjuring it more likely. I went through a four year span with my right ankle where I was dealing with a moderate to severe sprain every couple of months because I wasn't giving it time to heal all the way and I wasn't doing the strength building excerises the docs had recomended. So if they give you any excercises to due with the big old rubber band thing, do them. It's totally worth it in the long run.

After I finally started listening to the doctors about what I needed to do, my ankle finally got strong enough that I've gone years without any major injuries to it. That doesn't seem like a big deal for most people, but I first caused massive damage to that ankle when I was 13 and had at least one major sprain a year until I was 28 (including the 4-year span from 24-28 I talked about above where I had over a dozen bad sprains to that ankle, I **** you not).

Having a five year period of no major spains was something I didn't think possible back then. So I cannot stress enough the value of being very careful with it and doing strength building excercises with it.

Hopefully they can work as well for you as they have for me.

Well this is my FIRST sprain, but what they are thinking is, I've been slightly spraining it over the last few years... I walk on the outside of my feet, I just always have, and this is causing strain.

So they figured that it was weak and I pushed it JUST a bit more then it would take and tore something in there. I'll heed your advice, and the docs. Never want to do that again.

Well this is my FIRST sprain, but what they are thinking is, I've been slightly spraining it over the last few years... I walk on the outside of my feet, I just always have, and this is causing strain.

So they figured that it was weak and I pushed it JUST a bit more then it would take and tore something in there. I'll heed your advice, and the docs. Never want to do that again.

The weakness is what gets you. I still tweak mine every once and a while, but instead of ignoring the tweaks like I sused to, I immediately brace it up for about a week afterward and then start the excercises again to restregthen it. This is probably what has prevented me from having a major sprain more than anything. If I ignored the tweaks like I used to, I'd probably still be dealing with them.

Good luck.

If the shape of your foot is the root of the problem then I would invest in custom orthotics to correct your foot position and posture, and to reduce strain.

If the shape of your foot is the root of the problem then I would invest in custom orthotics to correct your foot position and posture, and to reduce strain.

No, the foot is shaped fine, I just walk goofy. ;) Seriously, I do. Been trying to break myself of this for YEARS. Guess I should try harder eh?

No, the foot is shaped fine, I just walk goofy. ;) Seriously, I do. Been trying to break myself of this for YEARS. Guess I should try harder eh?

Part of my problem is walking goofy. If you figure out a way to break yourself from it, let me know. :lol:

So, I got off the phone with my doc's office. AND I HAVE A TIME line here.

down for 2 weeks, they are gonna put me in a walking cast, and refer me to an Ortho.

0000.jpg

If you note, the foot is curled towards the inside, you can see the swelling and soft tissue inflammation all over. I have another pic I'll crop and put up that shows the heel bone with cool striations all over it.

So, I got off the phone with my doc's office. AND I HAVE A TIME line here.

down for 2 weeks, they are gonna put me in a walking cast, and refer me to an Ortho.

Two weeks is not bad. Gives you some time to video game and relax without it being long enough to feel like a slacker.

100_2772.jpg

My son thinks it's cool. He says it's "IRON MAN!" I said more Robocop... he was like "Who?" I feel old.

My son thinks it's cool. He says it's "IRON MAN!" I said more Robocop... he was like "Who?" I feel old.

ROFL! I actually watched Robocop 2 days ago... I didn't remember how old it actually looked lol.

Belated updates:

It was diagnosed, finally, as a "Ruptured ATFL" or was it AFTL? Anyhoots, bad ju-ju. I was cleared back to work this past Tuesday...

HOWEVER.

I was pulled from the Park and told I would be main campus in July. I put in a hardship resignation. I cannot afford the babysitting that a move like that would incur at so late a notice. And then, of course, tonight the damn thing ruptured again. I'm in agonzing pain.

Belated updates:

It was diagnosed, finally, as a "Ruptured ATFL" or was it AFTL? Anyhoots, bad ju-ju. I was cleared back to work this past Tuesday...

HOWEVER.

I was pulled from the Park and told I would be main campus in July. I put in a hardship resignation. I cannot afford the babysitting that a move like that would incur at so late a notice. And then, of course, tonight the damn thing ruptured again. I'm in agonzing pain.

HOYL **** ITS WORSE THIS TIME. I'm in AGONY.

LOL my girlfriends son thinks I'm Iron Man because of my heart defibrillator because Iron Man has one too.

BTW Iron Man is older than Robocop.

Back
Top Bottom