• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So, I take it Your God Killed Jesus

As someone who actually liked the guy they called Jesus, I'm a little pissed that this god had him murdered. Oh, god had Jesus killed all right. Remember, god sent the boy here to die...or so we are led to believe. So, if that is true, then god killed that boy dead.

I ask. Why?

Isn't it kind of sick to worship a god who murders his own son in front of an entire town? And, what was the point of it anyway? Did he do it just to prove he could? None of this crucifixion myth makes sense.

Is it not much more reasonable to believe that Jesus, the man, stirred enough animus that the locals formed a mob to take him out? No god. Just people doing what they do best, overreacting with violence.

Jesus is God.

But, He is not dead!

Your argument is so juvenile.

HELLO? EXCUSE ME?

Are you saying Jesus succumbed to temptation?
Are you saying.................................. JESUS SINNED?
Is that what your NWT says?

FYI, to be tempted by the devil does not equate to succumbing to that temptation.
....and, yet you proclaimed in another thread :

Jesus is my authority...I am on Jesus's side, the side of truth, for his kingdom and his kingdom only...he stated his neutral position to the Roman authorities when Pontius Pilate asked Jesus...

What about the Authority of God? What about the Kingdom of God? :)

Matthew 12:28
But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Mark 1:14-15Jesus Announces the Good News
14 After John was put in prison, Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God.
15 “The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!”

So - this goes back right at you - like another pie to your face!

“Go away, Satan! For it is written, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’” Matthew 4:10

You should understand the verses that you love to throw around.

Not only are you ending up practicing idolatry on Jesus (He's become your golden calf)..................
............................... but you're also giving a verse that supports the fact that JESUS and GOD are One and the Same!

You've lost it, Elvira! You don't even realize what you're actually saying anymore.
Lol - you're looking so pathetic trying to uphold the false teachings that has been fed to you!

You can't win over the Scriptures.

Such irony in this post.

Good question. Any believers got an answer for this one?
The holy Ghost is not a being but God's active force...

"If you send out your spirit, they are created,
And you renew the surface of the ground." Psalm 104:30

"For prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were moved by holy spirit." 2 Peter 1:21

Being struck down and afflicted by things beyond our control has zero to do with our personal exercise of free will, if such a thing can even be said to exist. Does free will give a newborn baby its birth defects? Is it the free will of that newborn that caused it? Is it free will that causes genetically cause birth defects that had nothing to do with the exercise of free will by the parents? Do you even understand how to apply the concept of free will to human behavior?

If my exercise of free will cannot spare me from horrible things, what is the value of saying that I have it?
Dumbest thing I've seen you write yet...:rolleyes:

Dumbest thing I've seen you write yet...:rolleyes:
I'm sure there is little to no free will for the average person living in the draught stricken Sahara or stuck in a war torn region like Syria, the Congo, Ethiopia, Somalia, Yemen or half the other places on this earth that make a day in hell look like a Sunday picnic.

In essence, this god that killed his own child has set up a system where half the world's population is fat while the other half can barely access clean water.

Yeah, I know the argument, so you can spare me having to refute it. "God did not set it up." After all, we all know god is an absentee landlord---a slumlord essentially.

I'm sure there is little to no free will for the average person living in the draught stricken Sahara or stuck in a war torn region like Syria, the Congo, Ethiopia, Somalia, Yemen or half the other places on this earth that make a day in hell look like a Sunday picnic.

In essence, this god that killed his own child has set up a system where half the world's population is fat while the other half can barely access clean water.

Yeah, I know the argument, so you can spare me having to refute it. "God did not set it up." After all, we all know god is an absentee landlord---a slumlord essentially.
We have no control over outside influences brought on by Satan the devil...we do have complete control as to how we react to them...

We have no control over outside influences brought on by Satan the devil...we do have complete control as to how we react to them...
So, this god is not only an absentee landlord, he's also Satan's bitch. No wonder I reject all this hocus pocus nonsense.

The holy Ghost is not a being but God's active force...

"If you send out your spirit, they are created,
And you renew the surface of the ground." Psalm 104:30

"For prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were moved by holy spirit." 2 Peter 1:21

That is just your interpretation. The Holy Spirit is referred to in the bible, and not as god's force. Your second quote does just that. Your first quote has nothing to do with the second one at all.

So, this god is not only an absentee landlord, he's also Satan's bitch. No wonder I reject all this hocus pocus nonsense.
God needs Satan - as a lame excuse for all that goes wrong.

That is just your interpretation. The Holy Spirit is referred to in the bible, and not as god's force. Your second quote does just that. Your first quote has nothing to do with the second one at all.
I just gave you scriptures that prove what it is...do you ever comprehend anything you read? :rolleyes:...here's another...does this sound like God's spirit is a person?

"Then Jehovah’s spirit empowered him, and he tore it in two, just as someone tears a young goat in two with his bare hands. But he did not tell his father or mother what he had done." Judges 14:6

And another...

"and they all became filled with holy spirit and started to speak in different languages, just as the spirit enabled them to speak." Acts 2:4

"Therefore, because he was exalted to the right hand of God and received the promised holy spirit from the Father, he has poured out what you see and hear." Acts 2:33

Your choice, Cal...it's called free will... ;)

Your choice, Cal...it's called free will... ;)
Is it?

I had little to do with my circumstance. Most of it was the luck of being born into a family with a history in things technical, thereby making me curious by nature. I also did not choose my STEM path--left to my own devices in 9th grade, I likely would have taken mostly woodshop, art and gym, not pre-Calculus, Chemistry and Physics. And, I won't even get into the fact that my body chemistry is such that I do not get addicted to things like drugs, alcohol, tobacco or food.

Nah...free will has very little to do with anything.

Is it?

I had little to do with my circumstance. Most of it was the luck of being born into a family with a history in things technical, thereby making me curious by nature. I also did not choose my STEM path--left to my own devices in 9th grade, I likely would have taken mostly woodshop, art and gym, not pre-Calculus, Chemistry and Physics. And, I won't even get into the fact that my body chemistry is such that I do not get addicted to things like drugs, alcohol, tobacco or food.

Nah...free will has very little to do with anything.
Yes, it is...you are free to make your own choices...what you are not free of is the consequences of those choices...

No, we do not have complete control over how we react to it. No one has complete control over their emotions.

I just gave you scriptures that prove what it is...do you ever comprehend anything you read? :rolleyes:...here's another...does this sound like God's spirit is a person?

"Then Jehovah’s spirit empowered him, and he tore it in two, just as someone tears a young goat in two with his bare hands. But he did not tell his father or mother what he had done." Judges 14:6

And another...

"and they all became filled with holy spirit and started to speak in different languages, just as the spirit enabled them to speak." Acts 2:4

"Therefore, because he was exalted to the right hand of God and received the promised holy spirit from the Father, he has poured out what you see and hear." Acts 2:33

No, the scriptures you gave do not prove any such thing. Cherry picking lines of Scriptures that are not even related is not a form of proof. These addition quotes also do not prove your claim at all. Your game of bible quote proof is only in your head. You are reading into the quotes, and not providing context ore understand the context. The scripture are not a puzzle game where you piece together unrelated quotes to "prove" anything. This is a misuse of what is the real intention of the scriptures.

No, the scriptures you gave do not prove any such thing. Cherry picking lines of Scriptures that are not even related is not a form of proof. These addition quotes also do not prove your claim at all. Your game of bible quote proof is only in your head. You are reading into the quotes, and not providing context ore understand the context. The scripture are not a puzzle game where you piece together unrelated quotes to "prove" anything. This is a misuse of what is the real intention of the scriptures.
Oh, sorry...I keep forgetting you do not have the ability to understand what you read...my bad...

Oh, sorry...I keep forgetting you do not have the ability to understand what you read...my bad...

And I didn't forget that you always resort to the "Christian" way of insulting those who disagree with you.

And I didn't forget that you always resort to the "Christian" way of insulting those who disagree with you.
Your dishonesty is duly noted...

And you double down on the insults.

What dishonesty are you talking about? Point out where I have been dishonest.
This truth...you believe no more in God's spirit being a being than you do in God...

Yes, it is...you are free to make your own choices...what you are not free of is the consequences of those choices...
Choices are arbitrary, usually a matter of circumstance. For example, I would not normally kill a rat and eat it. However, starve me out for a few days, and I might not much mind the idea of eating fried rat.

This truth...you believe no more in God's spirit being a being than you do in God...

I'm just trying to see what the story book is saying that you think is literally true. You think your take on it is correct and I'm not so sure it is. Doesn't matter what I believe in por not. The book is real and there are stories in it. There are many different ways to interpret the meanings of the stories.

Back
Top Bottom