• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So do you anti pot crusaders really think booze is better that pot?

I never seem to get a straight answer on this queston. How is it that booze is better than pot? Companies drug test for pot but not booze. Rednecks drink beer like crazy but bad mouth pot heads and if the own a company they drug test for pot. This al tells me you moral crusaders all think pot is a worse drug. I ask you in what way? The body count does not support that. Booze cause more criminal behavior like fighting and shooting. Booze causes abortions because of increased sex. So how is it pot is worse? The facts just don't seem to back thay lie up.
The reason you don't get a straight answer on this is because your question itself is an invalid spin.

Besides, any comparison of the damage pot does to the damage alcohol does, considering that pot is illegal and usually the subject-focus of the comparison, is simply an argument in favor of making alcohol illegal.

The question itself is simply inane.

You don't look at the damage one thing does and say, "well that thing is legal, let's legalize this or that damaging thing that happens to have no redeeming social value whatsoever".

Pot -- the street drug itself (not medical marijuana or Marinol etc.) -- is rightly looked at all by itself without any comparative calibration.

And when you do examine pot all by itself, it clearly is so unredeemingly damaging and deadly that keeping it illegal is the sober sane thing to do as this thread's OP and supporting posts accurately presented without any rational conjecture: http://www.debatepolitics.com/health-care/135971-pot-kills-w-498-a.html

If pot becomes legal in all 50 states and federally will companies still drug test?

I think they will. The purpose of drug testing now is not show what you do for fun outside of work. It is to lower the companies health care plan.

It's really rather simple. One is legal while the other is not. If any of our employees is involved in an on the job accident, they are tested for everything...

First thing legality does not mean booze is the better drug AP and you know that. This laws and order excuse just does not fly when the law has been wrong on many issues for many years. It used to be legal to beat your wife discriminate against inner racial marriage. Just because these things where legal did that make them right? Pot laws are being changed and now that pot is equal to booze by law then it should be treated the same in the workplace. How many drinkers have you worked with over the years? Do you feel they should all be fired because they drank. It is only fair to treat it all the same. Drunk is high.

The reason you don't get a straight answer on this is because your question itself is an invalid spin.

Besides, any comparison of the damage pot does to the damage alcohol does, considering that pot is illegal and usually the subject-focus of the comparison, is simply an argument in favor of making alcohol illegal.

The question itself is simply inane.

You don't look at the damage one thing does and say, "well that thing is legal, let's legalize this or that damaging thing that happens to have no redeeming social value whatsoever".

Pot -- the street drug itself (not medical marijuana or Marinol etc.) -- is rightly looked at all by itself without any comparative calibration.

And when you do examine pot all by itself, it clearly is so unredeemingly damaging and deadly that keeping it illegal is the sober sane thing to do as this thread's OP and supporting posts accurately presented without any rational conjecture: http://www.debatepolitics.com/health-care/135971-pot-kills-w-498-a.html

The point is drunks get away without worry of getting fired from the job as long as they show up to work sober. Why can't pot smokers get that same break. We all know the body count from smoking and drinking is 550,000 a year but pot kills 0. That fact alone blows away any argument that pot is a worse drug in fact a scedule 1 drug. Thank God legalization is here and growng.

Because it's a stupid question. Your posts are nothing but useless either/or fallacies and distortions of the truth. All you do is hurt your own cause, one post at a time.

It is not a stupid queston. Why do booze drinkers get off while pot smokers do not. If you really think booze is the better drug then you need to start looking at deaths from legal drugs compared to pot which kills nobody.

lol? Past drug use certainly doesn't preclude people from getting security clearances.

Anyway, while I'll continue to believe that weed should be legal, I'll also continue to laugh at people consider the issue their biggest platform.

Are you saying that weed is all I write about AP? You know better than that. We have went at it on many other issues and you know it. This issue is important to me because the discrimination against pot smokers gets you blackballed from many jobs and of cource there is the constant threat from the drug testers. Drinkers do not get their jobs taken away just because they drink. All that should matter is coming to work sober and what you do at home is your own business.

First thing legality does not mean booze is the better drug AP and you know that. This laws and order excuse just does not fly when the law has been wrong on many issues for many years. It used to be legal to beat your wife discriminate against inner racial marriage. Just because these things where legal did that make them right? Pot laws are being changed and now that pot is equal to booze by law then it should be treated the same in the workplace. How many drinkers have you worked with over the years? Do you feel they should all be fired because they drank. It is only fair to treat it all the same. Drunk is high.

I believe I posted to you once before that I don't care if states are handling the issue. I have a problem when the federal government dictates behavior...

I had a Secret clearance in the Army with a possession of marijuana conviction under my belt. I didn't have to try very hard, either. Honesty goes a long way.

Being "in" the army with a need to know is a bit different than being in the civilian population...

Last time I checked, the Army was a part of DoD, and my MOS didn't require a security clearance.

I was posting about the civilian population. Being in the army is a bit different, and if your MOS didn't require you to access classified info, I would wonder why you would be considered for a clearance...

The point is drunks get away without worry of getting fired from the job as long as they show up to work sober. Why can't pot smokers get that same break. We all know the body count from smoking and drinking is 550,000 a year but pot kills 0. That fact alone blows away any argument that pot is a worse drug in fact a scedule 1 drug. Thank God legalization is here and growng.
You would do well to read the OP of the thread to which I just linked you: http://www.debatepolitics.com/health-care/135971-pot-kills-w-498-a.html.

This thread accurately presents the many ways in which pot kills, including overdose (yes, it's simply a myth that one cannot OD on pot!), asphyxiation, cumulative brain damage death, auto accidents, suicides .. and the list goes on.

"That drunks sober up and go to work, so let's make pot legal" is a disconnect-irrelevant premise for the conclusion recommendation, so you have no rational cogent point here.

Again, you continue to compare the two, pot and alcohol, which is an invalid spin premise, as I accurately presented to you in my previous post.

As study after study shows, legalization of pot would add millions of children, pre-teens, and teens to the list of pot-heads, creating horrendous tragedies in families all across America .. and for what? What gain would be achieved?

No gains of any societally valuable kind.

The right thing to do is to keep damaging, deadly, un-socially-redeeming pot illegal.

Though pot-heads have a tendency in their addiction to disagree, they are, after all, pot-heads, and, as the thread I linked you to accurtely presented, really not capable therefore of making a sound recommendation.

I was posting about the civilian population.
Department of Defense is Department of Defense. If you can't get a security clearance, you probably aren't getting a job with them in the first place.

if your MOS didn't require you to access classified info, I would wonder why you would be considered for a clearance...

I applied for it so I could change my MOS, and they gave it to me.

Department of Defense is Department of Defense. If you can't get a security clearance, you probably aren't getting a job with them in the first place.

I applied for it so I could change my MOS, and they gave it to me.

YOU don't just apply. The agency needing you would sponsor your application...

This is the major problem I've been facing. I love beer and rum. Drinking them takes a while and occupies me. Weed you're high after a couple of puffs after 30 seconds.

I need my vices to be a bit time consuming dammit! I do however love the fact that I'm not taking in 1,000 calories when I smoke like I do when I drink.

Put it in food. Its more potent, lasts longer and you will have healthy lungs to burn off said calories

YOU don't just apply. The agency needing you would sponsor your application...

The point is that it isn't just me, and as I'm looking at the DoD requirements for obtaining a clearance, I see that only current use of illegal substances, and addiction are disqualifiers, not past use of marijuana.

What types of things can prevent someone from receiving a security clearance?
With rare exceptions the following will result in a clearance denial:
• criminal conviction resulting in incarceration for a period of one year or more
current unlawful use of or addiction to a controlled substance
• determined to be mentally incompetent by a mental health professional approved by DoD
• discharge or dismissal from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions
• unwillingness to surrender a foreign passport

http://www.clearancejobs.com/security_clearance_faq.pdf

Having dopers, addicts, and potheads around sensitive information isn't exactly a good idea.

Are you saying that weed is all I write about AP? You know better than that. We have went at it on many other issues and you know it. This issue is important to me because the discrimination against pot smokers gets you blackballed from many jobs and of cource there is the constant threat from the drug testers. Drinkers do not get their jobs taken away just because they drink. All that should matter is coming to work sober and what you do at home is your own business.

I've never talked to you in my life, you weirdo.

Put it in food. Its more potent, lasts longer and you will have healthy lungs to burn off said calories

Yeah but when you eat it, you have to use several grams. That's just too expensive. I vaporize mostly, so it's just hot air, not smoke. Super efficient.

What? When have I said that no one in government cares about pot anymore? And yes, the FBI does have jurisdiction over quite a lot of drug cases.
You know, I think you're right. I mis-attributed a remark I read to you. Apologies.

Try getting a DOD security clearance with evidence of use in any state...

Who the **** wants to work for the fascist anyway. There are plenty of drinkers working in top secret Boeing projects AP.

Back
Top Bottom