• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So do you anti pot crusaders really think booze is better that pot?

Personally I'm not so sure I want to see it legalized for recreational use. While the good killer weed is cheaper right now for med use than the street prices that would likely change. Once they tax the Hell out of like tobacco plus the Goverment would regulate it to death. Once the Government takes over the pot business I predict they'll just screw up a good thing.

Where you live could become much more important in the future, it appears. :cool:

It always has. Did you notice any real jobs crisis in the DC metro area during the recession?

I never seem to get a straight answer on this queston. How is it that booze is better than pot? Companies drug test for pot but not booze. Rednecks drink beer like crazy but bad mouth pot heads and if the own a company they drug test for pot. This al tells me you moral crusaders all think pot is a worse drug. I ask you in what way? The body count does not support that. Booze cause more criminal behavior like fighting and shooting. Booze causes abortions because of increased sex. So how is it pot is worse? The facts just don't seem to back thay lie up.

Who are these anti-pot crusaders?

Are you really trying to promote a line that bad behaviour related to booze is either tolerated or encouraged?

How many laws are on the books related to alcohol and its manufacture, distribution, sale, use, abuse, etc? Do you think there are more laws restricting pot than booze?

Ever hear of Mothers Against High Drivers? Only recently has there been a move to treat people who are high the same way that the law treats people who are drunk and behaving badly.

It really is laughable all these attempts to claim pot smokers are so hard done by in today's society.

Try getting a DOD security clearance with evidence of use in any state...

lol? Past drug use certainly doesn't preclude people from getting security clearances.

Anyway, while I'll continue to believe that weed should be legal, I'll also continue to laugh at people consider the issue their biggest platform.

lol? Past drug use certainly doesn't preclude people from getting security clearances.

Anyway, while I'll continue to believe that weed should be legal, I'll also continue to laugh at people consider the issue their biggest platform.

Recent use or current use would most likely preclude you from being granted any type of clearance...

It always has. Did you notice any real jobs crisis in the DC metro area during the recession?

No. :surrender: I'll keep that in mind for future consideration, though! :lamo:

Recent use or current use would most likely preclude you from being granted any type of clearance...

Current use would. Recent use? Probably not. I know several people who got TS clearances out of high school, who smoked weed then. No one cares about weed. If someone were to tell me they never have, I'd be more surprised than not.

Current use would. Recent use? Probably not. I know several people who got TS clearances out of high school, who smoked weed then. No one cares about weed. If someone were to tell me they never have, I'd be more surprised than not.

It would be extremely rare to get a TS straight out of HS unless you had enlisted...

It would be extremely rare to get a TS straight out of HS unless you had enlisted...

Right. And lots of people do.

The point is, when you write down that you used to smoke marijuana on your SF-86, and you tell your investigator the same thing...nothing happens. No one cares.

How many laws are on the books related to alcohol and its manufacture, distribution, sale, use, abuse, etc? Do you think there are more laws restricting pot than booze?

Pot laws in much of the US are substantially more restrictive than alcohol laws pretty much everywhere in the US. In parts of the south its still possible to get 10-20+ year sentences for possession. The only time anyone with alcohol is getting anything close to a similar sentence would be if they committed vehicular manslaughter. Things are certainly heading the right direction on the pot front, but to pretend that it's remotely in a comparable legal position to alcohol is ludicrous.

Pot laws in much of the US are substantially more restrictive than alcohol laws pretty much everywhere in the US. In parts of the south its still possible to get 10-20+ year sentences for possession. The only time anyone with alcohol is getting anything close to a similar sentence would be if they committed vehicular manslaughter. Things are certainly heading the right direction on the pot front, but to pretend that it's remotely in a comparable legal position to alcohol is ludicrous.

My point was, if pot smokers think they've got it bad now just wait until the government legalizes it like booze and watch the regulations and legislation balloon just like with all facits of alcohol now. Once it's legal, low hassle-low cost suppliers will be a thing of the past and you'll be buying from the government sanctioned, taxed, regulated, probably operated distributors. You'll wish you were back in the good old illegal and ignored days.

My point was, if pot smokers think they've got it bad now just wait until the government legalizes it like booze and watch the regulations and legislation balloon just like with all facits of alcohol now. Once it's legal, low hassle-low cost suppliers will be a thing of the past and you'll be buying from the government sanctioned, taxed, regulated, probably operated distributors. You'll wish you were back in the good old illegal and ignored days.

If it actually was ignored you might have a point. However, as the growers and dispensary owners in places like California would no doubt agree, dealing with regulation is substantially preferable to an FBI raid.

If it actually was ignored you might have a point. However, as the growers and dispensary owners in places like California would no doubt agree, dealing with regulation is substantially preferable to an FBI raid.
The FBI does this? I would've thought it would be the DEA. Anyhoo, I think the point remains that you have offered both sides of this equation. You're saying on the one hand that nobody cares about pot anymore, including the government, and on the other you're claiming that in fact the government does raid growers and dispensers. Not trying to be nitty picky, but...

Even if it is legal people are still going to grow and sell it themselves.

Easy there Hitler.

Hitler? I didn't say I'd lobotomize pot growers/sellers - they basically do that medicinally themselves. I just said if pot becomes legal, then the growth and sale of pot will be strictly regulated by government as is alcohol - therefore, if you illegally grow and/or sell pot you should be tried and convicted just as you would be today if you brew and/or sell your own alcoholic concoctions.

Hitler? I didn't say I'd lobotomize pot growers/sellers - they basically do that medicinally themselves. I just said if pot becomes legal, then the growth and sale of pot will be strictly regulated by government as is alcohol - therefore, if you illegally grow and/or sell pot you should be tried and convicted just as you would be today if you brew and/or sell your own alcoholic concoctions.

The government should stay out of people's lives period.

The government should stay out of people's lives period.

I'm all for that, within limits necessary to maintain a civilized society - however, in some areas, people don't stay out of other people's lives if there isn't a government regulating an activity or product. I'd like the government to eliminate speeding restrictions - I'm a good driver and I like to get where I'm going fast - however, there are some people who can't properly operate a speeding car and crash into other cars or buildings, etc., affecting the lives of other people.

Government is a necessary evil but not in all cases is government evil.

The FBI does this? I would've thought it would be the DEA. Anyhoo, I think the point remains that you have offered both sides of this equation. You're saying on the one hand that nobody cares about pot anymore, including the government, and on the other you're claiming that in fact the government does raid growers and dispensers. Not trying to be nitty picky, but...

What? When have I said that no one in government cares about pot anymore? And yes, the FBI does have jurisdiction over quite a lot of drug cases.

of course booze is better than pot...

pot on the rocks is not refreshing at all.... Scotch on the rocks is.
every come home and wanted a nice tall glass of cold pot?... of course not.
on the flip side, I can't fire up a bowl of Scotch or roll a nice fat whiskey joint.

life just isn't fair sometimes

This is the major problem I've been facing. I love beer and rum. Drinking them takes a while and occupies me. Weed you're high after a couple of puffs after 30 seconds.

I need my vices to be a bit time consuming dammit! I do however love the fact that I'm not taking in 1,000 calories when I smoke like I do when I drink.

This is the major problem I've been facing. I love beer and rum. Drinking them takes a while and occupies me. Weed you're high after a couple of puffs after 30 seconds.

I need my vices to be a bit time consuming dammit! I do however love the fact that I'm not taking in 1,000 calories when I smoke like I do when I drink.

That comes later when you get the munchies.

You guys need to sober the hell up.

Back
Top Bottom