• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So do you anti pot crusaders really think booze is better that pot?

How can you ever be free without the love and guidance of a benevolent Nanny State?

Yea. The conservatives all scream for smaller government yet they want to tell us what intoxicant it is OK to use and what a woman can or can not do with their own body. Legislating morality is the ultimate nanny state policy and the war on drugs is the cherry on top.

I beg to differ.

How many drug related homicides are there?

All a result of a failed war on drugs. What was the body count during the roaring 20's? None of those deaths are from using. Just from the fact they are illegal. You do have a point however.

Because pot is for stoners, and stoners are lazy and unproductive.

It is what it is.

And drunks are productive? They never show up to work hung over? They are never grouchy? They have great attendance? Give me a freaking break. I love pot during hard physical labor. I grew up doing farm work and a bowl break made me work even harder.

And drunks are productive? They never show up to work hung over? They are never grouchy? They have great attendance? Give me a freaking break. I love pot during hard physical labor. I grew up doing farm work and a bowl break made me work even harder.

The 82nd Airborne Division is quite productive....

And the AA on their patch doesn't just stand for "All Americans" if you know what I mean.

Yea. The conservatives all scream for smaller government yet they want to tell us what intoxicant it is OK to use and what a woman can or can not do with their own body. Legislating morality is the ultimate nanny state policy and the war on drugs is the cherry on top.

I am against all of that too, eliminate the Nanny State and the Moral police.

The 82nd Airborne Division is quite productive....

And the AA on their patch doesn't just stand for "All Americans" if you know what I mean.

I had a friend in the 82ND and he said they where the most fit drunks in the world. Why does the milatary drug test? If you are going to be shot at I would think you should have the right to get high in your off time anyway you want.

Without a doubt, booze is far worse for America than pot. Really, is there any doubt about it? That is not to say that pot is a GOOD thing, only that it is not as bad for society as booze. Why booze is legal and pot is not, well, that doesn't make any sense either. But laws are changing on that front every day. Soon it will not only be decriminalized but legalized for not only medicinal usage but for recreational usage as well.

But one thing I do find troubling about pot is not actually the pot, in and of itself, but rather the people who seem to be infatuated with it. Some people want to talk about it, non-stop, 24/7. It is the center point of their conversation and all topics eventually lead around to smoking weed. It's as if they worship the weed or something. Mostly, it's the young and dumb, "newby," pot smokers that do that though.

Us old heads just go to work, pay our bills, raise our families, and burn one out behind the shed at the end of a hard day. No more. No less. We don't want to make a big deal about it at all. It's personal and private. Laws about it do not matter to us. No one cares if we burn one behind the barn as long as we keep our business to ourselves. I'm fine with that. Oh yeah, old heads don't get the munchies anymore, like the rookies do, either.

Enough with the pot threads already. We are at a place where most Americans could care less if you smoke weed or not. I like it that way. Why stir **** up?

Last edited:
I had a friend in the 82ND and he said they where the most fit drunks in the world. Why does the milatary drug test? If you are going to be shot at I would think you should have the right to get high in your off time anyway you want.

Because Federal Law prohibits the possession and use of Marijuana......

Considering the military is run by the Federal government..................... I think you can draw the lines.

Without a doubt, booze is far worse for America than pot. Really, is there any doubt about it? That is not to say that pot is a GOOD thing, only that it is not as bad for society as booze. Why booze is legal and pot is not, well, that doesn't make any sense either. But laws are changing on that front every day. Soon it will not only be decriminalized but legalized for not only medicinal usage but for recreational usage as well.

But one thing I do find troubling about pot is not actually the pot, in and of itself, but rather the people who seem to be infatuated with it. Some people want to talk about it, non-stop, 24/7. It is the center point of their conversation and all topics eventually lead around to smoking weed. It's as if they worship the weed or something. Mostly, it's the young and dumb, "newby," pot smokers that do that though.

Us old heads just go to work, pay our bills, raise our families, and burn one out behind the shed at the end of a hard day. No more. No less. We don't want to make a big deal about it at all. It's personal and private. Laws about it do not matter to us. No one cares if we burn one behind the barn as long as we keep our business to ourselves. I'm fine with that. Oh yeah, old heads don't get the munchies anymore, like the rookies do, either.

Enough with the pot threads already. We are at a place where most Americans could care less if you smoke weed or not. I like it that way. Why stir **** up?

Pot sucks... Booze Rules.

bth_troll-face-meme.png

bth_troll-face-meme.png

Actually, pot goes well with booze if you're in a home setting. If you're out partying, booze and speed is the way to go. The daring might try booze and a sliver of blotter to really get in the party mood..........................

bth_troll-face-meme.png

So you like it when a drunk beats his wife? You think it is great where two friends beat each other up because they disagree over who was the best football player of all time then wreck their car on the way home? I bet you think it is greaty when a 18 year old cheerleader get pregnent because she screwed some loser because she got too drunk? Yea booze rules.

So you like it when a drunk beats his wife? You think it is great where two friends beat each other up because they disagree over who was the best football player of all time then wreck their car on the way home? I bet you think it is greaty when a 18 year old cheerleader get pregnent because she screwed some loser because she got too drunk? Yea booze rules.

If you can't even get obvious sarcasm and someone being facetious, why would you argue national policy?

So you like it when a drunk beats his wife?
Do you like it when a pothead ignores his kids to raise themselves?
You think it is great where two friends beat each other up because they disagree over who was the best football player of all time then wreck their car on the way home?
Do you like it when two friends beat each other up over whose turn it is to buy pot then go commit a home invasion of a dealer they know and get shot and killed? (True story from my cops days)
I bet you think it is greaty when a 18 year old cheerleader get pregnent because she screwed some loser because she got too drunk? Yea booze rules.
I bet you think it is great when an 18 year old cheerleader gets pregnant because she screwed some loser because she got high AND drunk? Yea pot rules!

If you can't even get obvious sarcasm and someone being facetious, why would you argue national policy?

You would think he would get it considering I even put the classic troll face up there.

Both pot and Booze are equally bad for you.
I prefer Booze, because I can't get fired for drinking it.

Back
Top Bottom