• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should White Women People Arm Themselves?

and I hope your lady is lovely and likes that you are

Sometimes they like to put on their best duds and go watch the talky movies.

It's the "they should look" part that I find to be irritating. I totally get and respect that he is attracted to women who are within a certain set of parameters. I think that's probably pretty normal. It just irratates that he thinks EVERY women should fit that particular set of parameters.

I figure everyone should look however they chose to look, and if that doesn't meet someone elses specifications, then so what, who cares, that's the other persons issue.

the older I get the less I need structure for myself or others...as long as they don't force me to fit their mould

I wasted a period of my life, believing people should adhere to a certain code, a certain lifestyle, a certain level of education, a certain level of sophistication and the funny thing is, while I didn't completely do so myself, I presented as though I did and I feared people might discover that I didn't actually live up to those self imposed standards.

I have learned that it never really mattered. All of those I judged as not quite making it, not quite right, not quite polished enough...well...they never gave a crap what I thought anyway and their life was just as good regardless of my judgement and pretense...

funny that

no one really cared, and now neither do I

it's quite freeing

I think it comes with age and a sense of being just fine with who we truly are.

Knowing who we truly are and being okay with it, that is the biggest gift that life can give.

wish I had learned it sooner, but, old age will have to be good enough. :lol:

There's been several cases of young white women who've been badly beaten or killed by black males in the last several months.

The latest murder, of 18 year old Haruka Weiser at the University of Texas at Austin has me wondering if white women need to arm themselves in case they are singled out for rape because of their skin color. Weiser was white, her killer was black.

View attachment 67199976

Would arming these women help prevent these assaults?

I would like to participate, however by making it a black white thing you underscore the racial divide. And I get a sense, with the picture of the innocent girl, that was your intent.

My wife has had her license to carry for several years now and that is good piece of mind. Our nearest city is San bernardino and there are a lot of desperate people there. Not someplace to be after dark.

Of those who need personal protection, black men top the list by an order of magnitude or more. That's followed by Mexican American men, then black women, then Mexican-American women, then white men, and white women are on the bottom, least likely to suffer attack of all. In fact, white women are the most protected group that the world has ever known.

Uniform Crime Reports: Murder victim rates per 100,000 population per year: Black men 79, White men 2.7, Black women 13, White women 1.1. In both races the overwhelming majority of perpetrators are the same race as the victim.

Yes, white people have privilege. They don't live in neighborhoods where murderous people are so prevalent.

Socioeconomic status explains some of the difference (pdf file) in rates of violence between races, but not all of it.

You're generalizing here. And I don't know where you're getting your statistics from.
My phone has trouble opening PDFs so I usually don't click on them.

The whole "white privilege" myth is something I don't believe in, as I personally grew up poor, was hassled by the police for being poor and white. I eventually changed my socioeconomic status by taking advantage of the educational programs available for low income citizens. I also didn't turn to crime to make money.
Growing up how I did, I was around blacks, Latinos, poor whites. I identified with those people more than middle or upper class whites, still do.

To be told that I'm privileged for my skin color, just because there are some white people who feel guilty about growing up rich and spoiled, is offensive to me. Those white people are absurd to me. They never dealt with hunger, homelessness, any of the things I did, which is why they're so dam ignorant about things.

If you're poor and white, you will be targeted by other racial groups. You can point out all the bs statistics from bleeding heart morons who never lived in the ghetto, I'm not going to believe anything else than what my own eyes have seen.

I would like to participate, however by making it a black white thing you underscore the racial divide. And I get a sense, with the picture of the innocent girl, that was your intent.

I feel that people usually don't have much empathy in cases like this one, unless they can view the victim as a real human being rather than just a name. That's why I included her picture.

If people object to having to see who the victim was, I find that odd.

Notice how I didn't include a picture of the suspect, even though there's plenty of pictures of him online.

<- Firm believer that all honest and reasonable people should arm themselves against predators.

No need to colorize the issue.

Well, some one had to do it...

So you're first response to stories about rape is to find some joke you can make about it. Hollywood is not real life, video games are not real life, cartoons are not real life. I think you need to put down the anime and Xbox controller.

If this was cases where it was black women being attacked by white men, we'd be seeing riots in the streets and accusations of racism being shouted from the rooftops. However, the OP is pretty far out there in singling out white women. Personally, I think that almost everyone should be armed when in public.

The bottom line is that there is way too much violent crime going on in the U.S. and I would much rather have the law abiding citizens armed than criminals.

lol...and women should never wear pants....it's too unbecoming

I guess you have never seen HIldabeast in a skirt

so I beg to differ

but lets get back to the subject on the thread. I believe in CHOICE. and people should be able to choose what sort of firearms they want to own or carry

So you're first response to stories about rape is to find some joke you can make about it. Hollywood is not real life, video games are not real life, cartoons are not real life. I think you need to put down the anime and Xbox controller.

I was not responding to the story with jokes, but to your reaction to the story with jokes.

I do not own an Xbox. Do try to fail less.

Kinda like Obama being Black for the purposes of "being the first Black POTUS" [other than the other first Black POTUS] ;)
I thought Clinton was the first black president and Obama was Muslim or Kenyan or both.

I thought Clinton was the first black president and Obama was Muslim or Kenyan or both.

Being black or white goes a little deeper than skin color. The color of one's skin doesn't really matter to broad-minded thinkers and I wish liberal democrats could get beyond it. In a similar way, being an American is a little more than just being born in Hawaii or (New York for that matter).

You're generalizing here. And I don't know where you're getting your statistics from.
My phone has trouble opening PDFs so I usually don't click on them.

The whole "white privilege" myth is something I don't believe in, as I personally grew up poor, was hassled by the police for being poor and white. I eventually changed my socioeconomic status by taking advantage of the educational programs available for low income citizens. I also didn't turn to crime to make money.
Growing up how I did, I was around blacks, Latinos, poor whites. I identified with those people more than middle or upper class whites, still do.

To be told that I'm privileged for my skin color, just because there are some white people who feel guilty about growing up rich and spoiled, is offensive to me. Those white people are absurd to me. They never dealt with hunger, homelessness, any of the things I did, which is why they're so dam ignorant about things.

If you're poor and white, you will be targeted by other racial groups. You can point out all the bs statistics from bleeding heart morons who never lived in the ghetto, I'm not going to believe anything else than what my own eyes have seen.

As long as there is a liberal democratic party, you won't get any sympathy.

Being black or white goes a little deeper than skin color. The color of one's skin doesn't really matter to broad-minded thinkers and I wish liberal democrats could get beyond it. In a similar way, being an American is a little more than just being born in Hawaii or (New York for that matter).
So being born in NY doesn't mean you are American? How about Georgia? Or Alabama? I'm sure conservative republicans are all "broad minded thinkers" when it comes to race. LOL!

So being born in NY doesn't mean you are American? How about Georgia? Or Alabama? I'm sure conservative republicans are all "broad minded thinkers" when it comes to race. LOL!

Sure, being born in any of the 50 states makes one a citizen. but to me, be being American has a deeper meaning.

Sure, being born in any of the 50 states makes one a citizen. but to me, be being American has a deeper meaning.

And those that don't share your "deeper" meaning?

There's been several cases of young white women who've been badly beaten or killed by black males in the last several months.

The latest murder, of 18 year old Haruka Weiser at the University of Texas at Austin has me wondering if white women need to arm themselves in case they are singled out for rape because of their skin color. Weiser was white, her killer was black.

View attachment 67199976

Would arming these women help prevent these assaults?

This is nothing new.

Sorry, those arms are a huge turn off, I'm old school. She's ugly.

She's actually very pretty. Could win a beauty contest or be on a mag. cover. It's just her bodybuilding arms that are off base. They probably aren't that big when she's not flexing.

Back
Top Bottom