• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should the looters be shot site if caught in the act of looting?

SHould looters be shot for looting non-essential items?

• Yes

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • no

Votes: 21 55.3%

• Total voters
cnredd said:
Remember last month when a plane went down in a field in South America and the locals were going through the dead people's pockets, looking for wallets and valuables?
Reminded me of the old song, "Pennies From Heaven".

dragonslayer said:
Most looters are probably hungry.
Yeah. Those forty-two inch flat screen TVs are delicious if you barbecue them over a slow fire. Boiled laptops make an excellent side dish. An aged fruity claret or perhaps a well chilled pinot noir from a raided liquor store adds a touch of class to an otherwise pedestrian meal.

Since they're inedible no matter how one prepares them, I have no idea what the hungry looters planned to do with all the guns and ammunition they "liberated" from the sporting goods stores and Walmart.

What do you think?

dragonslayer said:
Looters are not automatically dangerous. No Blanket right to kill should be given the police and Troops..
No need to shoot to kill. Just aim a few near misses as a warning and these thieves will get the message.

Or better yet, point the gun at them point blank and say "drop it, mother ****er"

And then you could charge them with destruction of property!

Fantasea said:
No need to shoot to kill. Just aim a few near misses as a warning and these thieves will get the message.

And the message would be what? That they can do what they want and all they would get is a few near misses?

Looting in itself is not serious enough to start shooting. If a situation is serious enough to shoot, it's serious enough to shoot to stop the person, this usually means dead center.

dragonslayer said:
Good lord, this is America, We encourage lawlessnes. Didn't we elect Bush?

No Soldier and police should not killl people unless they somehow represent an immediate danger. Looters need to be arrested and put to work at decent wages cleaning up flood damage. Most looters are probably hungry. and the rest are stupid.

Looters are not automatically dangerous. No Blanket right to kill should be given the police and Troops..

Looters are not taking food or baby formula
they are stealing tv's and other ridiculous items
I agree with a police officer I read about

shoot the first couple of looters you find right between the eyes
than hang them from light posts for all to see
with the sign 'LOOTER' on their chest
kill the ignorant animals
the gene pool will thank us later

DeeJayH said:
Looters are not taking food or baby formula
they are stealing tv's and other ridiculous items

I don't think all the looters were stealing TV's and such. Many people we stealing because they had nothing to eat or drink.

DeeJayH said:
kill the ignorant animals
the gene pool will thank us later

Nice, let me guess..you're pro-life.

Pacridge said:
I don't think all the looters were stealing TV's and such. Many people we stealing because they had nothing to eat or drink.

what part dont you get
if you are taking necessities, so you can survive, YOU ARE NOT A LOOTER
if you are taking a Big Screen tv YOU ARE A LOOTER

Kill all looters
they are scum

DeeJayH said:
what part dont you get

Kill all looters
they are scum

I don't think that's the way the law looks at it, I know the law in Oregon doesn't separate the two. You're either taking something you didn't buy and don't own or you're not. Here's how Cambridge's dictionary's looks at it.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=47253&dict=CALD

Looting: the activity of stealing from shops during a violent event.

I didn't see a qualifier of "unless you're stealing something you need."

But I now understand you position better. You only consider people to be looting if their taking items they don't need, right? I still don't think we should shoot anyone for stealing a dvd player.

Originally Posted by DeeJayH
what part dont you get

Kill all looters
they are scum

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Didn't Bush loot feema ,to pay for homeland nazi patrols,and take away funding for the levees that he knew was crumbling
is. he a looter too you see It depends how you look at it

DO you shoot looters on sight like dogs

Wait untill there is large spread looting in all cities

Last edited:
Canuck said:
Didn't Bush loot feema ,to pay for homeland nazi patrols,and take away funding for the levees that he knew was crumbling
is. he a looter too you see It depends how you look at it

DO you shoot looters on sight like dogs

Wait untill there is large spread looting in all cities

:rofl you are so silly, its absurd

DeeJayH said:
:rofl you are so silly, its absurd

its absurd alright
at least we agree on that much
its absurb that you wait for it to happen

I think in light of the video just released of the police officers assaulting the elderly man, we can see how high tension runs after such a tramatic time. I think giving people the opportunity to make a judgement call with such drastic repercusions is a mistake!

I think in light of the video just released of the police officers assaulting the elderly man, we can see how high tension runs after such a tramatic time. I think giving people the opportunity to make a judgement call with such drastic repercusions is a mistake!

OK, I realize there is a lot of tension down there and I cannot possibly understand what the police are going through. However, are you joking!!! How can it even cross your mind that we should kill people for taking a TV, when they do not pose any immediate danger? They should be arrested, and as its been said before, used to clean up the mess from the hurricane. I don't think they should be payed for this, which someone mentioned before, but for heavens sake why would you shoot someone for taking a TV!?

TJS0110 said:
OK, I realize there is a lot of tension down there and I cannot possibly understand what the police are going through. However, are you joking!!! How can it even cross your mind that we should kill people for taking a TV, when they do not pose any immediate danger? They should be arrested, and as its been said before, used to clean up the mess from the hurricane. I don't think they should be payed for this, which someone mentioned before, but for heavens sake why would you shoot someone for taking a TV!?

but if you shoot them, hang them from a lightpole, with LOOTER carved in their chest, it will deter others
Looters are among the lowest forms of life, and areas of devastation should immediately fall under martial law with shoot to kill orders
instead of arresting, loggin in, incarcerating, and guarding, all the police force can be out guarding persons and property from oppurtunistic scum
looters are worthless and the police should sell the dead bodies to medical research to pay for the bullet :p

Alrighty then, that was.....interesting. I will admit that killing the looters would deter other looters, but killing everyone who subscribes to this website would end dissenting statements by the people about their government. You cant always go for the most effective solution when it violates basic rights of people. They are breaking the law, but had the state government acted faster, before the storm, they could have gotten the poor out on buses.

TJS0110 said:
Alrighty then, that was.....interesting. I will admit that killing the looters would deter other looters, but killing everyone who subscribes to this website would end dissenting statements by the people about their government. You cant always go for the most effective solution when it violates basic rights of people. They are breaking the law, but had the state government acted faster, before the storm, they could have gotten the poor out on buses.

true for a huge portion of the victims
but many of those that stayed behind, did so just so they could loot
those truly trapped, did what was necessary to attain the essentials of life. they were not looters
i seem to recall about a week or so after Katrina, reports started coming in about the professional criminals invading New Orleans to take advantage of the dire situation
kill em all, let god sort it out

If you just arrest them all and put them to work, we could make them take part in fixing the suffering they are causeing. The police would shoot the genuinely trapped people too, they wouldn't make the destinction becuase its still stealing.

TJS0110 said:
The police would shoot the genuinely trapped people too, they wouldn't make the destinction becuase its still stealing.

well that just shows the regard you hold our police in.
I have yet to hear one person, police officer to reporter to politician, refer to someone taking food/water/diapers...etc as a looter
to do so is absurd beyond any reason
and a rather lame argument
you shoot those with tvs, with guns and anything else non-essential to survival in a disaster area

DeeJayH said:
well that just shows the regard you hold our police in.
I have yet to hear one person, police officer to reporter to politician, refer to someone taking food/water/diapers...etc as a looter
to do so is absurd beyond any reason
and a rather lame argument
you shoot those with tvs, with guns and anything else non-essential to survival in a disaster area

Police with gun ready

"Um, sir. Can you please hold up the stolen merchandise?"
"What is that, huggies? Ultra Soft, great, carry on."

"Wait, you over there!" Bam!
"Got 'em....crap, ramen noodles."

Yes, well giveing the police a shoot to kill order would be ridiculous. Its like saying any guy who is takeing a radio from a walmart diserves to be shot. I douby many police would like that order either, not all people with a gun want to kill.

TJS0110 said:
Yes, well giveing the police a shoot to kill order would be ridiculous. Its like saying any guy who is takeing a radio from a walmart diserves to be shot. I douby many police would like that order either, not all people with a gun want to kill.

a simple radio
my first instinct was to say shoot him
but than i thought, he/she could be taking it just so they could get information
so i think that would be ok
however the person really should have already had a radio, batteries for it etc.....
I live in a Hurricane zone, and i have those stored already
but i will give the benefit of the doubt to them
unless it is a huge boom box

big screen tv - kill em
dozens of sneakers - kill em
diapers, food water, etc - help them carry it back safely

neccessities - help them
frivolous items - kill them

DeeJayH said:
a simple radio
my first instinct was to say shoot him
but than i thought, he/she could be taking it just so they could get information
so i think that would be ok

however the person really should have already had a radio, batteries for it etc.....
I live in a Hurricane zone, and i have those stored already
but i will give the benefit of the doubt to them
unless it is a huge boom box

big screen tv - kill em
dozens of sneakers - kill em
diapers, food water, etc - help them carry it back safely

neccessities - help them
frivolous items - kill them

This is exactly why the police, nor any human being, need full rights to be judge jury and executioner. Your afterthought does not take the bullet back. I am also sure, though you are full of such bravado about the nonchalant taking of human life, you would find yourself full of many such misgivings when faced with the "looter" if it were up to you to pull the trigger. In fact, if it were up to those who scream kill them, execute them to actually enforce the punishment, there would be very few bullets used.

jallman said:
This is exactly why the police, nor any human being, need full rights to be judge jury and executioner. Your afterthought does not take the bullet back. I am also sure, though you are full of such bravado about the nonchalant taking of human life, you would find yourself full of many such misgivings when faced with the "looter" if it were up to you to pull the trigger. In fact, if it were up to those who scream kill them, execute them to actually enforce the punishment, there would be very few bullets used.

you have no clue
i would have no problem killing a looter
all it means is i would take a split second to decide if they were surviving or taking advantage of the situtation
bang, your dead
I have no problem taking a life, when necessary, and i would sleep like a baby afterwards
you go ahead and give everybody the benefit of the doubt, but dont **** and moan about insurance costs, or product costs due to insurance costs

Back
Top Bottom