• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should American laws be determined by the Pope?

The “reactionary insanity” is caused by liberal desires for “on demand” abortions. As soon as that travesty stops, rational medically necessary abortions will continue go forward, as they should. It’s the “all or nothing” mindset that needs to be expunged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Abortions of unwanted fetuses will never stop. Women always will find a way to control their own body. Are you doing to have detectives watch every pregnant women so she does not get an abortion on the black market? Countries where abortion is illegal have higher rates of abortion than in enlightened countries.

Abortions of unwanted fetuses will never stop. Women always will find a way to control their own body. Are you doing to have detectives watch every pregnant women so she does not get an abortion on the black market? Countries where abortion is illegal have higher rates of abortion than in enlightened countries.
So what?

So stop the holier than thou act. You don't give a damn about a fetus it is all about punishing women and making them 2nd class citizens. Also who in their right mind would say that we don't have enough unwanted children in the world. How many kids have you signed up to adopt?

So stop the holier than thou act. You don't give a damn about a fetus it is all about punishing women and making them 2nd class citizens. Also who in their right mind would say that we don't have enough unwanted children in the world. How many kids have you signed up to adopt?
Stop trying to project your erroneous ideas. The woman is punishing herself by screwing around and getting pregnant: she made herself a second class citizen.
I have never said we don't have enough unwanted children, but we certainly have enough women that are trying to fill the need, but then "changing their mind".If she is so stupid as to get pregnant, she should have to carry the child and raise it. That's what the body she wants to "control" was made for.

There are valid reasons to abort, none of which are because she doesn't want to be a mother. She should have thought of that nine months earlier.

Stop trying to project your erroneous ideas. The woman is punishing herself by screwing around and getting pregnant: she made herself a second class citizen.
I have never said we don't have enough unwanted children, but we certainly have enough women that are trying to fill the need, but then "changing their mind".If she is so stupid as to get pregnant, she should have to carry the child and raise it. That's what the body she wants to "control" was made for.

There are valid reasons to abort, none of which are because she doesn't want to be a mother. She should have thought of that nine months earlier.
Nah. Abortion at will

With Trumps latest SC pick we will have a majority of 5 Justices on the court that are of the Roman Catholic faith. Catholics are bound by their religion to obey the Pope or be excommunicated so my question is do we now want the Pope to be in charge of our laws? Is that even legal under the Constitution?
LOL SO you're not voting for Biden? You funny iguana.

So now you want to force women to raise unwanted children because that is what women were made for? How will that be accomplished? Who died and made you in charge of what women were made for? The church also believes birth control is a sin so expect that will be next on the chopping block.

Biden is pro-choice and not anti women like Trump. You hate women too I'm sure.
?? Biden is Catholic. Were you lying when you claimed "Catholics are bound by their religion to obey the Pope or be excommunicated?"

That would be an egregious sin for a Catholic judge to make law based on the Catholic cult's misinterpretation of the Bible or on God's Word, period. It goes against God's Will.

God gave us all free will to choose to follow Him or not. To choose to follow His Word, His Law, or not. It would be a huge sin and arrogant usurpation of His Authority to choose to force His Word on man thru man's law.

How do you justify such an enormous sin? To disobey God's Will like that?
Your posts are getting sillier by the day. By your 'logic', we couldn't have laws against murder since Christianity forbids it.

You have avoided answering this many times. Why? It's a valid question....

It has nothing to do with not having 'man's laws.' Murder is about taking a person's right to life against their will. Nothing religious about it....we all know that secular laws sometimes parallel religious ones. I'm not discussing making laws, which in the US are based on the Const.

I'm discussing forcing God's Word/Law on people, going against His Will. Usurping His Authority.

So...How do you justify such an enormous sin? To disobey God's Will like that?

I already said the pope is entitled to his opinion to be followed or not. He also never said government should pay for healthcare. They can see to it people have it by enacting a great private sector system. Individuals voluntarily helping individuals. Just like Jesus taught.
Another hypocritical post.

You pick and choose to agree with the Pope..."God's Representative on Earth" or whatever as you feel like it, just like you pick and choose what to believe in the Bible.

Either the pope is fallible, or he's not. Which is it? We'll have to discuss his decisions in either case, wont we?

So what part of ...............Blue States act like women are reasonably intelligent and trust them to make intelligent decisions

If they made "intelligent decisions" in all likelihood there would be very few unplanned pregnancies. And don't trot out the "birth control failure" argument. Modern birth control methods reliably used are damned near (not totally but damned near) full proof.

If they made "intelligent decisions" in all likelihood there would be very few unplanned pregnancies. And don't trot out the "birth control failure" argument. Modern birth control methods reliably used are damned near (not totally but damned near) full proof.

Well take a look at this and see how much that 'damned near (but not perfect)' adds up to:

1601343937013.png

Seems like people just having normal, "intelligent" responsible sex adds up to millions of accidental pregnancies. And yet, the rate of abortions goes down every year and most women choose to have babies.. So you understand this now?

The methods of birth control that men use react in 18% to 25% failure. Reversible vasectomies which have about 1% failure rate are used by only 2% of men. The modern methods that are near full (sic) proof are women's contraceptives and many states have called the IUD an abortifacient and have banned it or made it extremely expensive to the point where the working poor can not afford it. Most red states are conducting research now in order to declare the pill an abortifacient. You do not know enough about the state of contraception in the US to lecture me.

The methods of birth control that men use react in 18% to 25% failure. Reversible vasectomies which have about 1% failure rate are used by only 2% of men. The modern methods that are near full (sic) proof are women's contraceptives and many states have called the IUD an abortifacient and have banned it or made it extremely expensive to the point where the working poor can not afford it. Most red states are conducting research now in order to declare the pill an abortifacient. You do not know enough about the state of contraception in the US to lecture me.

Which states have banned IUDs?

Obviously you don't know as much as you think. But then again that applies to most everyone on the pro choice side.

Well take a look at this and see how much that 'damned near (but not perfect)' adds up to:

Seems like people just having normal, "intelligent" responsible sex adds up to millions of accidental pregnancies. And yet, the rate of abortions goes down every year and most women choose to have babies.. So you understand this now?

Millions of American women who have sex are not able to become pregnant any longer.
That cuts into your numbers considerably. You understand that?

It seems that not too long ago many liberals approved of the Pope's crusade. Who knows, Francis may just lead Catholics in the left direction.

Millions of American women who have sex are not able to become pregnant any longer.
That cuts into your numbers considerably. You understand that?
No...because I didnt claim any overall number :rolleyes:

Those women 'arent using birth control' :rolleyes: So they're not even in that percentage. Good lord!

And they are not in the pregnant/nursing group. They are in the 'infertile' group mentioned.

The numbers and %s are accurate.

So...now please answer my question. Do you understand now, that most women/couples are intelligent, having sex responsibly, and still generating 10s of thousands of accidental pregnancies every day, even with bc? People are never ever going to stop having sex...that's ludicrous...so there will always be millions of accidental pregnancies every year.

?? Biden is Catholic. Were you lying when you claimed "Catholics are bound by their religion to obey the Pope or be excommunicated?"
It is not Barretts religion that disqualifies her it is her professed belief that her religion controls her decisions and that it must. We do not need a religious zealot on the bench who believes that the Pope is the final arbitrator either. Biden is none of those things, his allegiance is to the American people and the Constitution. Our founders will roll in their graves if she get appointed too.

So...now please answer my question. Do you understand now, that most women/couples are intelligent, having sex responsibly, and still generating 10s of thousands of accidental pregnancies every day, even with bc? People are never ever going to stop having sex...that's ludicrous...so there will always be millions of accidental pregnancies every year.

No...

Another hypocritical post.

You pick and choose to agree with the Pope..."God's Representative on Earth" or whatever as you feel like it, just like you pick and choose what to believe in the Bible.

Either the pope is fallible, or he's not. Which is it? We'll have to discuss his decisions in either case, wont we?
Sure I can pick and choose which of his opinions to agree with. Those aren't subject to infallibility. Learn the rules before you speak, girl.

You have avoided answering this many times. Why? It's a valid question....

It has nothing to do with not having 'man's laws.' Murder is about taking a person's right to life against their will. Nothing religious about it....we all know that secular laws sometimes parallel religious ones. I'm not discussing making laws, which in the US are based on the Const.

I'm discussing forcing God's Word/Law on people, going against His Will. Usurping His Authority.

So...How do you justify such an enormous sin? To disobey God's Will like that?
Nothing religious about murder? It's the subject of one of the Ten Commandments.
You're talking gibberish.

It is not Barretts religion that disqualifies her it is her professed belief that her religion controls her decisions and that it must.
DId she profess this to you personally? How was she? She seems very kind.

Nothing religious about murder? It's the subject of one of the Ten Commandments.
You're talking gibberish.
The Pope has determined that executions for murder are a sin like abortion and Barrett has said the Catholic judges should recuse themselves from death penalty cases since they must always abide by the Pope's edict and it is not fair to the process.

DId she profess this to you personally? How was she? She seems very kind.
So you are fine with the Pope making her decisions for her? She certainly is. She has written quite a bit about her "sacred" duty to her God.

Amy Coney Barrett has risen to the top of President Donald Trump’s short list to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the United States Supreme Court. A Roman Catholic, she is a life-long adherent of the People of Praise, a charismatic Christian group with a highly authoritarian internal structure.
Over the past several days, her backers have been arguing that public questions about her religious beliefs should be off limits—and that it’s anti-Catholic for Democrats even to raise questions about them, as Sen. Dianne Feinstein did in Barrett’s confirmation hearings the United States Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit in 2017. Conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt has accused Democrats and the news media of expressing an “anti-Catholic bias” that is “deep and enduring.”
I’m a Catholic scholar, I’ve written two books on the type of religious community that Barrett is a member of, and I don’t think it’s anti-Catholic to ask questions about Barrett’s religious beliefs. On the contrary, as the president nears a decision on her potential nomination later this week, I’m convinced they need to be front and center.
Let’s leave aside questions of ideology and political perspective. The key point is this: The analogy drawn between members of new Catholic communities and other Catholics in public office is false. Amy Coney Barrett is not Catholic like John F. Kennedy was Catholic or Joe Biden or Paul Ryan or the late Antonin Scalia was Catholic. She has made solemn promises that go far beyond the baptismal promises every Catholic makes. Nor is Barrett like Robert Drinan, a Jesuit priest who served for many years in the U.S. House of Representatives. His vows of obedience as a Jesuit were open and public.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/09/24/supreme-courtreligious-beliefs-420863

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/amy-coney-barrett-extremist/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom