• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should American laws be determined by the Pope?

I own whatever is inside of and attached to my body.

Exactly, as do I and any other woman. That means each woman decides for herself what to do when a pregnancy happens. One woman's decision to have an abortion has no impact whatsoever on another woman's choice to have a baby.

1. Women do "own" their own bodies.
2. Women do get to decide whether or not to continue a pregnancy.
3. Abortion is about women, and our right to decide for ourselves what each woman will do about a pregnancy.

Unless and until you are the woman who is pregnant, it isn't your decision and never should be.
Until you get married, you don’t have a say. Only people eligible to have moral sex are allowed to have an opinion.

Until you get married, you don’t have a say. Only people eligible to have moral sex are allowed to have an opinion.

That's completely false. Single women, myself included, most certainly do "have a say," over our own sexual and reproductive choices. We can and will decide for ourselves, as individuals, whether or not to have sex, get married, or to have children. No man or church gets to make those choices for any of us and never should.

That's completely false. Single women, myself included, most certainly do "have a say," over our own sexual and reproductive choices. We can and will decide for ourselves, as individuals, whether or not to have sex, get married, or to have children. No man or church gets to make those choices for any of us and never should.

That can change.

Agreed. Abortion should never be illegal in any country.

Hopefully one day elective abortions will be illegal in every country. I probably won't live to see it but it is an aspirational goal. Medical technology will see to that. When artificial womb technology has advanced to the point that unborn babies (referred to as fetuses) can be safety, affordably and conveniently removed from a woman's body and raised to full term in an artificial womb, then the "causa belie" for "choice" will be gone and public pressure will end it.

And a couple of hundred years from now, elective abortion will be viewed in the same way we view the horrors of the last couple of hundred years like slavery and the holocaust.

That's some fantasy you have going there, implanted by your cult, lol.

I bet the proof that all of us here are allowed to have opinions (as demonstrated by our posting them) still isnt enough to overcome the brainwashing your cult has committed.

What do you think? Yes or no? Do you accept the proof? Or are you an example of what I described from your cult?

That can change.
You think that, in America, it can change that women have the right to decide who to marry, who to have sex with, to have sex, period?

Please explain that process, socially, legally, as you imagine it.

No matter how you twist it, you can’t make the case that “I want to punish women”, because I don’t. I do expect both of the copulaters to accept responsibility for their choices. If that’s punishment, so be it. It was their choice (speaking of Pro-choice).

That still, small voice that says: He’s right!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were your words, not mine.

My wife does, don’t you? We know how to keep from getting pregnant (works 100% of the time), don’t you?

That still, small voice that says: He’s right!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your wife does what?

I said "I want to punish women?" You are wrong.

Got a reference for that quote?

Sez who?

I could say that since you don't have a uterus, you aren't allowed an opinion on abortion and that only people with a uterus are allowed to..... you'd scream bloody murder if I did.

Post 259? What do you think you asked me?

Back
Top Bottom