• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should American laws be determined by the Pope?

You dont understand? Well, I cant make you understand the facts. It's written to 5th grade level I'm sure.

So if I were you, I wouldnt go around questioning the intelligence of couples that have sex responsibly.

Sure I can pick and choose which of his opinions to agree with. Those aren't subject to infallibility. Learn the rules before you speak, girl.
It's just another hypocritical position from your cult...just like where you claim the pedo priests and gay priests and the ones that hid them are all not 'real Catholics.' :rolleyes:

The pope is God's Messenger on Earth...you are picking and choosing from his word just like you do with God's Word. Meh, it's no secret....I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy.

With Trumps latest SC pick we will have a majority of 5 Justices on the court that are of the Roman Catholic faith. Catholics are bound by their religion to obey the Pope or be excommunicated so my question is do we now want the Pope to be in charge of our laws? Is that even legal under the Constitution?
Then real question is will the democrats continue to use this as a method of attack knowing one of their needed bases to win hispanics is almost entirely catholic, as well as portions of the northeast and the south.

Basically are democrats willing to go full leroy jenkins in hopes of winning without thinking for a second what their voter base is?

With Trumps latest SC pick we will have a majority of 5 Justices on the court that are of the Roman Catholic faith. Catholics are bound by their religion to obey the Pope or be excommunicated so my question is do we now want the Pope to be in charge of our laws? Is that even legal under the Constitution?

Has Biden "obeyed the Pope"?

FAIL

NEXT BATTER!!!!

Nothing religious about murder? It's the subject of one of the Ten Commandments.
You're talking gibberish.
I didnt write that, I meant it's not 'solely' religious. I wrote it's something in common with secular law.

Still lying and compounding your sins I see. And avoiding the critical question here, where I prove your cult is run by a bunch of controlling, greed-filled, self-centered animals. Or, you could answer the question.

Here you go: please try again:
That would be an egregious sin for a Catholic judge to make law based on the Catholic cult's misinterpretation of the Bible or on God's Word, period. It goes against God's Will.​
God gave us all free will to choose to follow Him or not. To choose to follow His Word, His Law, or not. It would be a huge sin and arrogant usurpation of His Authority to choose to force His Word on man thru man's law.​
How do you justify such an enormous sin? To disobey God's Will like that?

Then real question is will the democrats continue to use this as a method of attack knowing one of their needed bases to win hispanics is almost entirely catholic, as well as portions of the northeast and the south.

Basically are democrats willing to go full leroy jenkins in hopes of winning without thinking for a second what their voter base is?
Barrett is not just a Catholic like JFK and Biden, she is a lifelong member of the People of Praise a secretive sect that has it's own oaths.

Let’s leave aside questions of ideology and political perspective. The key point is this: The analogy drawn between members of new Catholic communities and other Catholics in public office is false. Amy Coney Barrett is not Catholic like John F. Kennedy was Catholic or Joe Biden or Paul Ryan or the late Antonin Scalia was Catholic. She has made solemn promises that go far beyond the baptismal promises every Catholic makes. Nor is Barrett like Robert Drinan, a Jesuit priest who served for many years in the U.S. House of Representatives. His vows of obedience as a Jesuit were open and public.
While the president and the Senate cannot be expected to call upon divine guidance, they can and should exercise prudence and good judgment in vetting nominees to the highest court in the land—and that includes examining oaths and commitments they may have made that could affect or supersede an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/09/24/supreme-courtreligious-beliefs-420863

The pope is God's Messenger on Earth...you are picking and choosing from his word just like you do with God's Word. Meh, it's no secret....I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy.

That's rich. Aren't you one of the ones that claims the Bible does not condemn fornication?

I didnt write that, I meant it's not 'solely' religious. I wrote it's something in common with secular law.

Still lying and compounding your sins I see. And avoiding the critical question here, where I prove your cult is run by a bunch of controlling, greed-filled, self-centered animals. Or, you could answer the question.

That would be an egregious sin for a Catholic judge to make law based on the Catholic cult's misinterpretation of the Bible or on God's Word, period. It goes against God's Will.​
God gave us all free will to choose to follow Him or not. To choose to follow His Word, His Law, or not. It would be a huge sin and arrogant usurpation of His Authority to choose to force His Word on man thru man's law.​
Repeating your gibberish in clown-red font doesn’t make ir any more cogent
It's just another hypocritical position from your cult...just like where you claim the pedo priests and gay priests and the ones that hid them are all not 'real Catholics.' :rolleyes:

Already explained the difference between an opinion and speaking ex cathedra. And as pedophilia is against church teaching, thank you for defending church teaching!

That's rich. Aren't you one of the ones that claims the Bible does not condemn fornication?
The Bible does, but God's Word does not.

We've been thru this.

Nowhere in God's Word of compassion, forgiveness, brotherly love, and peace, does consensual sex break that word.

Are you a follower of the Bible word for word, written by fallible men, or of God's Word? I try to follow the latter.

It’s not a sect and it’s been around only a few years. It’s just a different more enthusiastic way of worshipping. The RCC doctrine is the same. No big deal

Will she reveal her secret oaths at the hearings? She will be asked about that.

President Donald Trump’s nominee for the U.S. Supreme Court has close ties to a charismatic Christian religious group that holds men are divinely ordained as the “head” of the family and faith. Former members of the group, called People of Praise, say it teaches that wives must submit to the will of their husbands.

Federal appeals judge Amy Coney Barrett has not commented publicly about her own or her family’s involvement, and a People of Praise spokesman declined to say whether she and her husband are current members.

But Barrett, 48, grew up in New Orleans in a family deeply connected to the organization and as recently as 2017 she served as a trustee at the People of Praise-affiliated Trinity Schools Inc., according to the nonprofit organization’s tax records and other documents reviewed by The Associated Press. Only members of the group serve on the schools' board, according to the system’s president.

https://www.al.com/news/2020/09/wha...to-religious-group-with-female-handmaids.html

Repeating your gibberish in clown-red font doesn’t make ir any more cogent

Already explained the difference between an opinion and speaking ex cathedra. And as pedophilia is against church teaching, thank you for defending church teaching!
I'm not Catholic and dont know all about the pope...I dont want to, dont need to. He's no better or closer to God than any other Christian. That's your cult's deal. And even dealing with him is full of hypocrisy, lol.

And I see you still avoiding answering my question. Why is that? Care to try again?

That would be an egregious sin for a Catholic judge to make law based on the Catholic cult's misinterpretation of the Bible or on God's Word, period. It goes against God's Will.

God gave us all free will to choose to follow Him or not. To choose to follow His Word, His Law, or not. It would be a huge sin and arrogant usurpation of His Authority to choose to force His Word on man thru man's law.

Lursa’s all over the place from one post to the next. The gist is she wants to just
I'm not Catholic and dont know all about the pope...I dont want to, dont need to. He's no better or closer to God than any other Christian. That's your cult's deal. And even dealing with him is full of hypocrisy, lol.

And I see you still avoiding answering my question. Why is that? Care to try again?

As the RCC is Jesus’ church, its biblical interpretations are perfect. Unlike your heretical false distortions of God’s unambiguous teachings to try justify your own sin.

So you are fine with the Pope making her decisions for her? She certainly is. She has written quite a bit about her "sacred" duty to her God.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/09/24/supreme-courtreligious-beliefs-420863

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/amy-coney-barrett-extremist/
A bit odd that you continue to rant about what she believes or what she has written, but you only post what others have written about what they think she believes.

What do you mean you didn’t write that? Everyone can go back and see you did. And you accuse others of lying?

What do you mean you didn’t write that? Everyone can go back and see you did. And you accuse others of lying?
I clarified it and so did the rest of the sentence where I said that secular and religious laws sometimes parallel each other.

Now, more avoidance from you? I wonder why? Let's try again, please answer this question to prove that there is some honesty and substance in your cult, that it truly exists to honor God.

Please see the bold:

That would be an egregious sin for a Catholic judge to make law based on the Catholic cult's misinterpretation of the Bible or on God's Word, period. It goes against God's Will.

God gave us all free will to choose to follow Him or not. To choose to follow His Word, His Law, or not. It would be a huge sin and arrogant usurpation of His Authority to choose to force His Word on man thru man's law.

We've been thru this.

Nowhere in God's Word of compassion, forgiveness, brotherly love, and peace, does consensual sex break that word.

Are you a follower of the Bible word for word, written by fallible men, or of God's Word? I try to follow the latter.
Weren’t the words of God you claim to believe also written by fallible men?

I clarified it and so did the rest of the sentence where I said that secular and religious laws sometimes parallel each other.

Now, more avoidance from you? I wonder why? Let's try again, please answer this question to prove that there is some honesty and substance in your cult, that it truly exists to honor God.

Please see the bold:

Answered your lying premise in #138.

We've been thru this.

The Bible is God's Word. You cannot be a Christian if you don't believe that.

Lursa’s all over the place from one post to the next. The gist is she wants to just

As the RCC is Jesus’ church, its biblical interpretations are perfect. Unlike your heretical false distortions of God’s unambiguous teachings to try justify your own sin.
Nope, I'm completely consistent. And you have never been able to tell me...either of you....how fornication and homosexuality break God's Word of compassion, brotherly love, forgiveness, and peace.

Please explain how?
If it doesnt, they're not sins...they're made up, misinterpretations by fallible men writing the Bible. With good or malicious intent....depends on the scripture.

And that "perfection" is only followed by MM when he feels like it. He doesnt choose to recognize the parts about eating pork and wearing mixed raiments, etc...he chooses to pick and choose and make excuses (oh, he's not Jewish! Funny, God never added that qualification! LOLOLOL)

Ah the hypocrisy!

Answered your lying premise in #138.
No, you didnt answer the bold. Please stop lying, unless you want to end up, according to your cult, in eternity with the fornicators and homosexuals. Do you?

So here, please answer the question:

More made up nonsense. There are no secret oaths in the RCC.

Hmm. There must be some secret oaths...Do we really want a "Stepford Wife" on the SC to replace RBG?

President Donald Trump’s nominee for the U.S. Supreme Court has close ties to a charismatic Christian religious group that holds men are divinely ordained as the “head” of the family and faith. Former members of the group, called People of Praise, say it teaches that wives must submit to the will of their husbands.

https://www.al.com/news/2020/09/wha...to-religious-group-with-female-handmaids.html

Nope, I'm completely consistent. And you have never been able to tell me...either of you....how fornication and homosexuality break God's Word of compassion, brotherly love, forgiveness, and peace.

Please explain how?
If it doesnt, they're not sins...they're made up, misinterpretations by fallible men writing the Bible. With good or malicious intent....depends on the scripture.

And that "perfection" is only followed by MM when he feels like it. He doesnt choose to recognize the parts about eating pork and wearing mixed raiments, etc...he chooses to pick and choose and make excuses (oh, he's not Jewish! Funny, God never added that qualification! LOLOLOL)

Ah the hypocrisy!

Back
Top Bottom