• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should a plagiarizer become first lady? [W:92]

Should a plagiarizer become first lady?

• No, the first lady needs to respect other's intellectual property

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Yes, plagiarism isn't too big a deal

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
https://www.thenation.com/article/night-one-of-the-rnc-when-plagiarism-isnt-your-worst-problem/

The RNC last night was a debacle, not least of which was Melania Trump's plagiarism of Michelle Obama's speech, word for goddamn word.

Come on dude. Bill Clinton lied under oath as president, and if Hillary wins he'll be the first husband of the country.

Would you rather someone who read a few lines that were taken from another speech, but nothing of significant substance, or someone who lied under oath as president?

When you narrow the entire election down to such a stupid contrast you can't be taken serious. This is not a big deal.

That would be your job, to make argument that Hill has shown levels of character flaws and policy choices that are worse than Nixon or W. I'm not here to do your work for you.

You have no opinion?

Well Obama became President, Biden became VP, and Michelle became first lady, who have all done the same, or worse.

Joe Biden is one of the kings of plagiarism.
He plagiarized British Labour Party leader Neil Kinnock during his 1988 presidential run. and was found to have plagiarized Hubert Humphrey, JFK, RFK.
He also plagiarized some of his work in college.
Remember when Joe Biden plagiarized a speech while running for president? | WTVR.com
Biden Admits Plagiarism in School But Says It Was Not 'Malevolent' - NYTimes.com

So if people can elect Joe given all of that then this Melania/Michelle thing isn't even worth much of a mention.

Nobody should base their vote off this.

With all due respect, Melania's hotness is, so far, the best reason to vote for any of the candidates.

Trump is a reality TV star doing "Apprentice Part II: Taking over the whole damned thing!". Hillary is one of the most corrupt people on the planet and the FBI just came out with a report that she's too stupid to use email. That leaves Bill and Melania. While I'd love to hang with Bill at the local bar with a bottle of scotch, an eight ball of coke and a couple of political groupies I'm starting to think that Melania is the only one not fighting to ride shotgun in the clown car.

I think it's odd that Melania Trump is being accused of plagiarism, when it's a virtual certainty that she didn't write the speech herself. Whatever speechwriter wrote it for her is the one guilty of plagiarism.

Regardless, the first lady is meaningless. She could be turning tricks at a DC truck stop and it wouldn't impact who I voted for.

You have no opinion?
Yes, I do. I have already explained how I feel About Trump:

No, this is a verification, that like Nixon, Trump has absolutely no attachment to any form of truth. They both had little attachment to empathy. They are both authoritarians, and Trump is an even worse narcissist. The combination of such traits with belligerents like Putin on the other side (who is worse that Trump) makes for a very bad situation for many in the world.

...and of course I do not feel the same about Hill.....and since you want to play this as Hillary is as bad, it is entirely your case to make......but I don't think you are up to your own task......which is apparent.

Yes, I do. I have already explained how I feel About Trump:

No, this is a verification, that like Nixon, Trump has absolutely no attachment to any form of truth. They both had little attachment to empathy. They are both authoritarians, and Trump is an even worse narcissist. The combination of such traits with belligerents like Putin on the other side (who is worse that Trump) makes for a very bad situation for many in the world.

...and of course I do not feel the same about Hill.....and since you want to play this as Hillary is as bad, it is entirely your case to make......but I don't think you are up to your own task......which is apparent.

Yes, of course you don't feel the same about Hillary. Using someone else's words is totally worse than putting our national security in jeopardy.

Yes, of course you don't feel the same about Hillary. Using someone else's words is totally worse than putting our national security in jeopardy.
Oh...OK....the email thingy.....was a calculated deception...equivalent to lying about the bombing of Cambodia...or the Paris Peace Talks....or the bugging at Watergate......or the lies about the need to invade Iraq...

Sure....she is as bad. And she has shown a lifetime history of viciousness and unscrupulous behaviors that would lead one to believe she has the same sort of personality disorders to cause those past levels of deaths.

Marriage is for the birds, imo.

I want to see a bachelor/bachelorette POTUS.

But as for this?

Sure, she/her advisor plagiarized the speech...it's 'well duh' obvious.

But I could care less about 'first ladies/gentlemen'. The POTUS's could be married to table lamps for all I care. The only time it mattered to me was when it was obvious in '94 that Hillary Clinton would be playing an active roll in the Clinton administration (and she bollocksed it up). Otherwise? Couldn't give a ****.

Last edited:
If anyone would base their vote for president on who the First Lady would be it would be the OP.

If anyone would base their vote for president on who the First Lady would be it would be the OP.

I'm sure Michelle Obama was criticized often as First Lady and millions of Republicans used their criticisms on her to decide whether they should vote for him (Mr. Obama). If not, then why the constant conspiracy theories and criticisms of Michelle Obama for the past 8 years?

I'm sure Michelle Obama was criticized often as First Lady and millions of Republicans used their criticisms on her to decide whether they should vote for him (Mr. Obama). If not, then why the constant conspiracy theories and criticisms of Michelle Obama for the past 8 years?

Most likely so you can cry about them.

Should a VP be a SERIAL Plagariser?? when also in serious positions???/ JOE BIDEN

what about VP biden the king of serial plagerisers

Plagawhat?

3fc48de0eb0ce8cf279d4d3fd7c75888.jpg

I'm sorry...what were you saying again?

Well, anyone of any party who would base their vote for prez based on who the First Lady would be is probably not someone who should be voting to begin with. Now, as far as Michelle being this sacred cow that shouldn't be the subject of any criticism is not something I agree with either. She absolutely has publicly interjected herself into actual politics. I don't fault her at all for using the stage and platform she has, but then she should have no special immunity to criticism, IMO.

Well, anyone of any party who would base their vote for prez based on who the First Lady would be is probably not someone who should be voting to begin with.

And yet, that's what clear has happened since Michelle Obama has been under a constant barrage of attacks for anything and everything she said. I'm being facetious, of course it wasn't everything: just a sizeable percentage. So yes, FLs are important to deciding whether somebody will get elected. Men with publicly timid wives don't get elected these days. They haven't been elected since Jacky O.

Now, as far as Michelle being this sacred cow that shouldn't be the subject of any criticism is not something I agree with either. She absolutely has publicly interjected herself into actual politics. I don't fault her at all for using the stage and platform she has, but then she should have no special immunity to criticism, IMO.

The point isn't that First Ladies are 'sacred cows'. The point is that they aren't because they've always interjected themselves into politics. The FL is probably the president's most influential adviser and if they are up for debate, then Melania and her white knight internet defenders better be ready. If Trump wins, they are going to get it for a minimum of 4 years.

:shrug:

Yup. A rousing success in showing the world what racist, bigoted, and borderline fascist the right wingers in this country are.

You missed the memo on Hillary ! :lamo

This OPgoddamf*ckingMaoTroll, who should be banned, is pissing me off.

I am going to vote this November, and it will be for someone besides Trump, but whether or not his wife used someone else's lines is a triviality and a nullity.

I suspect that during the last two US Presidential election cycles Mr.OPMaoTroll favored the Obama-Biden ticket.

Well, Obama is apparently clean as far as plagiarism goes, but BIDEN certainly is NOT: Google "Biden-Kinnock plagiarism" and you ignoramuses around here will learn that that nitwit Biden dropped out of the 1988 presidential sweepstakes because of unattributed use of someone else's (UK Labor Pol Neil Kinnock) lines, i.e. plagiarism.

You had no idea about that, did you, Mr. Trolldouche? Not surprising, you have no idea about nearly everything. As in we gotta 8-year VP who is a plagiarist, so who but a retard couldgiveaf*ck about Mrs. Trump borrowing lines from someone else's speeches when Biden got his vote twice?

And yet, that's what clear has happened since Michelle Obama has been under a constant barrage of attacks for anything and everything she said. I'm being facetious, of course it wasn't everything: just a sizeable percentage. So yes, FLs are important to deciding whether somebody will get elected. Men with publicly timid wives don't get elected these days. They haven't been elected since Jacky O.

Well you think it's "clearly" what's happened and I bet there's no way to convince you otherwise, is there? All Repubs could do is deny it but you wouldn't believe that, would you? Can you seriously just not fathom any reason why Repubs would not vote for Obama therefore it must be about Michelle?

The point isn't that First Ladies are 'sacred cows'. The point is that they aren't because they've always interjected themselves into politics. The FL is probably the president's most influential adviser and if they are up for debate, then Melania and her white knight internet defenders better be ready. If Trump wins, they are going to get it for a minimum of 4 years.

:shrug:

What? Surely you're not suggesting that Dems would engage in something you just accused Repubs of.

Last edited:
Joe Biden is one of the kings of plagiarism.
He plagiarized British Labour Party leader Neil Kinnock during his 1988 presidential run. and was found to have plagiarized Hubert Humphrey, JFK, RFK.
He also plagiarized some of his work in college.
Remember when Joe Biden plagiarized a speech while running for president? | WTVR.com
Biden Admits Plagiarism in School But Says It Was Not 'Malevolent' - NYTimes.com

So if people can elect Joe given all of that then this Melania/Michelle thing isn't even worth much of a mention.

Yeah, Vice President Biden has a case of chronic plagiarism.

But in the minds of the Liberal media, it obviously meant nothing. Nothing in compare to the few words done by a staff writer for the potential GOP First Lady-to-be.

Well you think it's "clearly" what's happened and I bet there's no way to convince you otherwise, is there? All Repubs could do is deny it but you wouldn't believe that, would you? Can you seriously just not fathom any reason why Repubs would not vote for Obama therefore it must be about Michelle?

Lmao, X Factor, if not, then why the constant criticisms of her? You're having trouble forming a coherent argument.

What? Surely you're not suggesting that Dems would engage in something you just accused Repubs of.

Well, at least you are aware of the seeds which have been sown.

Back
Top Bottom