• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should a plagiarizer become first lady? [W:92]

Should a plagiarizer become first lady?

• No, the first lady needs to respect other's intellectual property

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Yes, plagiarism isn't too big a deal

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
Yup. A rousing success in showing the world what racist, bigoted, and borderline fascist the right wingers in this country are.

Mao supporter says this. You can't make this up. :lamo

https://www.thenation.com/article/night-one-of-the-rnc-when-plagiarism-isnt-your-worst-problem/

The RNC last night was a debacle, not least of which was Melania Trump's plagiarism of Michelle Obama's speech, word for goddamn word.

Cup half empty - cup half full. I felt it was an amazing night and you could feel the excitement throughout the arena. Maybe some are just hoping against hope that the American people will not demand the change which has been discussed throughout this process to date. The voters will decide - but Melania Trump was very good last night and if I had to imagine her speaking the exact same words as Michele Obama - she would win hands down.

I think to be accurate, you should have asked "Should the First Lady replace her speech writer?"

There's something wrong with you.

What do you expect from someone who has Chairman Mao as his avatar. Well actually since I have Julius Caesar as mine maybe I should just keep quiet. :)

https://www.thenation.com/article/night-one-of-the-rnc-when-plagiarism-isnt-your-worst-problem/

The RNC last night was a debacle, not least of which was Melania Trump's plagiarism of Michelle Obama's speech, word for goddamn word.

First off, there are like 3 - 4 threads about this already. We don't need another.

Secondly, Melania didn't plagiarize. Someone else wrote that speech and she read it. While it is plagiarized, it wasn't her. I do think it looks poorly for the Trump camp who couldn't vet a speech well enough to leave out plagiarizing an Obama, the Republicans most hated enemy right now. But I wouldn't lay it at melania's feet. It is embarrassing, they aren't owning up to it and the longer the don't own up to it, the worse it's going to look, if they keep up these novice mistakes, Hillary will wipe the floor with them.

But that's it. This topic is done to death already.

It comes down to the way you treat people. When you treat people with dignity and respect all the time, you can work through anything. John Bacon

Your word is your bond - Melvyn Douglas

I learned the value of hard work by working hard. Margaret Mead

Treat people with respect if you want to be respected. Picture Quotes

The more I compare the two groupings in the two speeches the more I realize how ridiculous this whole propaganda is. Everything that she said would be words and phrases we all use every day. In order to assume she looked specifically at Michelle's speech and took from it you'd have to assume she's an idiot. It's that simple. Nothing in the speech is wording you wouldn't expect any other person in her position to use. Is it possible that someone wrote the speech for her and maybe knew better? Of course, but my thought is that she is innocent and this is much ado about nothing.

There are far more pressing reasons why Melania Trump should not be first lady of the white house. The most important one being that she is married to Donald Trump.

Trump Campaign Struggles to Manage Melania Trump Speech Fallout - NBC News

It was not clear who in the Trump campaign bore responsibility for the speech. Mrs. Trump told TODAY's Matt Lauer before her speech that she wrote her remarks "with as little help as possible." But sources within the campaign said each family member was assigned a staff member to oversee their work and give a final sign-off and that her speech was considered the most important.

A statement by campaign spokesman Jason Miller early Tuesday morning credited the speech to a "team of writers" who worked with Mrs. Trump and acknowledged the remarks "in some instances included fragments that reflected her own thinking."

That seems closer to the truth. There was no way she would have written the speech.

Would you say that it would be horrible to have a liar as First Lady or President?
Uh..it depends on the lie. It would be tough to surpass Nixon or W in recent history that had a direct effect on hundreds of thousands of deaths. But then, everyone has their own subjectivity on such matters.

Uh..it depends on the lie. It would be tough to surpass Nixon or W in recent history that had a direct effect on hundreds of thousands of deaths. But then, everyone has their own subjectivity on such matters.

So when looking at the big picture, where does this lie lie?

So when looking at the big picture, where does this lie lie?
As a reflection of Trump...it confirms what I already believe, the orange manatee should not be allowed anywhere near the codes.

As a reflection of Trump...it confirms what I already believe, the orange manatee should not be allowed anywhere near the codes.

So this is a HUGE lie comparable to Nixon?

Hey, if the Democrats VP can commit plagiarism, what then is a big issue if a potential GOP First Lady is accused of the same thing?

Biden's plagiarism ended his presidential campaign.

So this is a HUGE lie comparable to Nixon?
No, this is a verification, that like Nixon, Trump has absolutely no attachment to any form of truth. They both had little attachment to empathy. They are both authoritarians, and Trump is an even worse narcissist. The combination of such traits with belligerents like Putin on the other side (who is worse that Trump) makes for a very bad situation for many in the world.

Would you say the same about Hillary?
That would be your job, to make argument that Hill has shown levels of character flaws and policy choices that are worse than Nixon or W. I'm not here to do your work for you.

Back
Top Bottom