• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sheriff Joe Arpaio Goes Vegetarian but Not for Himself.....

That's absurd. People should crap before and after breakfast and after lunch - that's regular. Of course, Americans have no idea what regular is because they're busy stuffing flesh into their bodies and crapping once every day or two.

I can't say I've taken a poll recently as to the average bathroom habits, but I do just fine on my twice daily set-to, and my diet does include meats in moderation.

You've suggested a cross selection of roughage, which does address constipation. ;)

But don't worry.....I understand that's the Lib in ya.

The use of a false dichotomy as a cognitive crutch is a sure sign of intellectual distress.

The use of a false dichotomy as a cognitive crutch is a sure sign of intellectual distress.

Not with anyone from the Streets.....that's only for those come from a Sheltered backyard. Yuppies, Jocks, socialites, and the Alleged Elite.

Why must we feed them at all?
Put in kitchens and they can pay for their food. Just like I do.

Why must we feed them at all?
Put in kitchens and they can pay for their food. Just like I do.

Heya Crue. :2wave: Because all of them haven't been sentenced or convicted of a crime.....plus we can't starve Illegals. That would be considered inhumane.

Although Joe says Brown Carrots will help them with the sunburn just not their eyesight. :lol:

Cutting cost ?

Considering that the Obama administration has thrown everything at Joe Arpaio including the kitchen sink, who do you think has been paying the legal fees for Sheriff Joe ?

He's still the Sheriff and is still the most popular Sheriff in America.

I'm sure soy stew is a lot better than eating green bologna everyday.

Cutting cost ?

Considering that the Obama administration has thrown everything at Joe Arpaio including the kitchen sink, who do you think has been paying the legal fees for Sheriff Joe ?

Heya now.....Illinois System says there is nothing wrong with a little bit of food coloring. :lol:

Sheriff Joe Arpaio institutes cost-saving, vegetarian meals for inmates.....

Get sent to jail in Arizona’s Maricopa County and you’ll be experiencing some serious life changes. And for those who eat meat, that includes going vegetarian.

Arpaio’s latest move is a plan to transition all of his inmates in the county’s eight jails to a vegetarian diet. On the surface, it might sound like a health-conscious move from the 81-year-old lawman. But Arpaio said the change is all about saving the county money.

Instead, the jails will serve soy. In the interview with Fox, Arpaio showed how one stew-like dish will be prepared using the soy along with a combination of carrots, peas and other vegetables.....snip~

Sheriff Joe Arpaio institutes cost-saving, vegetarian meals for inmates

I like some of the things this guy has done.....but this is bit ridiculous. Considering he charges the inmates for their meals. Which that in itself is a whole other issue that needs to be dealt with. Great ya save the County some money. I am sure this will get taken into the Court. Even jailhouse Attorneys can win on this issue. Thoughts on Sheriff Bing Bing Bing.....you're ass is mine.
smiley-char092.gif

Arpaio's basic philosophy is "It's Jail. You're not supposed to like it. If I can help you not like it enough you might consider never coming back."

Heya now.....Illinois System says there is nothing wrong with a little bit of food coloring. :lol:

When I was young, back during the 50's and 60's the scuttlebutt was that the Cook County Jail was considered to be the toughest jail in America.

Moderation in all things.

A one-size-fits-all approach to things never bodes well for those outside the average perimeters. By what standards will 'you' judge and apply who should weigh how much? The obvious for extremes is a given, however, to attempt to say that restricting their diet to the cheapest foods so it's cheaper for the taxpayer is likely to whiplash in the long run, as it shows when the non-imates live life like that.

Sure, but if there is something that can be substituted for meat that is cheaper, then why the hell not? Because they don't like it? Too bad for them.

Arpaio's basic philosophy is "It's Jail. You're not supposed to like it. If I can help you not like it enough you might consider never coming back."

Right, it should as unpleasant as possible.

When I was young, back during the 50's and 60's the scuttlebutt was that the Cook County Jail was considered to be the toughest jail in America.

It was.....its still gets bad at times. Cook county Jail has more inmates in it than All of the Max and Medium Joints.

More like: "I'm going to make their time in prison as miserable as possible so I can get my face on the news and further my career."

You are aware that most people in jail are awaiting trial, so they haven't been convicted of anything, right? You really want him to treat legally innocent people like ****?

More like: "I'm going to make their time in prison as miserable as possible so I can get my face on the news and further my career."

You are aware that most people in jail are awaiting trial, so they haven't been convicted of anything, right? You really want him to treat legally innocent people like ****?

Sure, they can deal until their trial. Jail is supposed to suck.

Heya Luther. :2wave: Might work for those that get sentenced, highly unlikely tho.....doubt it will do much for those that get found not guilty and then are released either.

This one thing isn't necessarily that bad, it's the fact that it's just the newest in a long string of humiliations just to boost some power drunk official's career.

If you were in jail, would YOU want to be fed garbage?

Do you feel the same way about his no-kill pet rescue shelter?

I've met Arpaio on a few different occasions and while he's not shy around cameras he would be equally happy if they weren't around. The reason it keeps looking like he's mugging for the cameras is because people with cameras keep on following him!

OK. His "tent city" houses CONVICTED criminals. It's where the drunks drivers and deadbeat dads get put. The idea there is to get the idea into people's head that prison isn't fun and it might be a good idea to think twice about doing whatever got you there.

The prisoners awaiting trial are going to be in regular housing and, generally speaking, aren't going to have any contact with the "tent city" group.

Yeah not to many have caught on to that.....course just think if those advocating to dump on them had their asses picked up even for a mistaken identity and held for 48 hrs. Just think how all those advocating for dumping on them, and that due to incarceration.....that they should have no Rights. Just think how most of them would start whining Right away. :lamo

I can hear them now.....with their shouts for the officer to come down and let them knows whats up. :lol:

Sure, they can deal until their trial. Jail is supposed to suck.

So they need to sleep outside in tents, do hard labor, eat ****ty abnormal food, wear pink, and generally be harassed by someone, all because they were accused of a crime?

They are innocent until proven guilty. We don't need to be treating innocent people like this.

Do you feel the same way about his no-kill pet rescue shelter?

I've met Arpaio on a few different occasions and while he's not shy around cameras he would be equally happy if they weren't around. The reason it keeps looking like he's mugging for the cameras is because people with cameras keep on following him!

I think that's a good program. The point is, there's no reason we can't treat these people with respect, especially considering they're innocent civilians until proven guilty.

Yeah not to many have caught on to that.....course just think if those advocating to dump on them had their asses picked up even for a mistaken identity and held for 48 hrs. Just think how all those advocating for dumping on them, and that due to incarceration.....that they should have no Rights. Just think how most of them would start whining Right away. :lamo

I know, these people can't possibly imagine themselves being accused of a crime, so they call for treating the accused like pieces of ****.

So they need to sleep outside in tents, do hard labor, eat ****ty abnormal food, wear pink, and generally be harassed by someone, all because they were accused of a crime?

They are innocent until proven guilty. We don't need to be treating innocent people like this.

Boo-hoo. Except for the accused of a crime part, I've experienced all those things and I wasn't even in prison. :lol:

Cutting cost ?

As a citizen of Maricopa County, I have been paying for Arpaio's lawsuits and the cost is in the millions of dollars. Arpaio is an octogenarian who suffers from brain hemorrhoids. He not all that popular in Arizona. Yes, he was reelected. But, most of the people who voted for him were tea baggers, troglodytes from the Aryan nation, clueless political chancers, people who think Kim Kardashian is a celebrity, Palinistas, masses of dumbasses vote for any familiar name and retired, frightened, old people.

Arpaio rivals Chuck Schumer for finding and getting in front of a camera. THAT is where Arpaio excels, not law enforcement, but PR.

I think that's a good program. The point is, there's no reason we can't treat these people with respect, especially considering they're innocent civilians until proven guilty.

I know, these people can't possibly imagine themselves being accused of a crime, so they call for treating the accused like pieces of ****.

Well, how many come from that Sheltered backyard and Yuppie land? Rhetorical question brutha. :mrgreen:

Myself I like when one that doesn't know **** about it gets thrown in there and then cries about their Rights. Tries to come with all that I am better than they are BS. Some don't have to worry about kids getting busted for bogus crap. Just as some don't give a rats ass if one of their people get locked up. Or Hooked up.

Shows you.....truly where they stand in that Shallowness of reality.

They did something. They will have their day in court.
And yes, I dont care if they eat or not. They can have friends and family bring them food.

As a citizen of Maricopa County, I have been paying for Arpaio's lawsuits and the cost is in the millions of dollars. Arpaio is an octogenarian who suffers from brain hemorrhoids. He not all that popular in Arizona. Yes, he was reelected. But, most of the people who voted for him were tea baggers, troglodytes from the Aryan nation, clueless political chancers, people who think Kim Kardashian is a celebrity, Palinistas, masses of dumbasses vote for any familiar name and retired, frightened, old people.

Arpaio rivals Chuck Schumer for finding and getting in front of a camera. THAT is where Arpaio excels, not law enforcement, but PR.

Heya RT :2wave: and the Jailhouse attorneys and The John Howards Association didn't waste anytime over the Inmates paying for their food, did they now?

Back
Top Bottom