• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Schiff announces the scope of his investigations

Republicans are now reaping what they have sown.

I cannot say I am unhappy about this

There has been an interesting dynamic in all this. With Clinton there were people who got killed and her lie about a YouTube video that prompted things. After that there was obstruction, stonewalling, destruction of evidence and lies. All those things contributed to the reasons for the investigation taking as long as it did. In the Trump case there has been enough disclosure that people have been prosecuted for making “false statements” but none of those statements were with regard to collusion with Russia. The effect and purpose of those statements hasn’t even been investigated because the convictions have all been via plea agreement. Yet, in Democrat World, the Trump investigation is somehow or other comparable to the Clinton one.

We were told the same in 2017 by people like you, and then again in 2018. Once a week was a smoking gun, once a month was a "This-is-it!"
Trump Jr. has been indicted about 10 times now, according to the left's dream list.

And through all this, against all odds, Trump is working steadfastly on the promises he made to the American people:

- jobs, jobs, jobs
- illegal immigration
- trade, etc.

I am really looking forward to 2018. It'll be a great year for Americans and their president.

MAGA!

Those may very well have been smoking guns that will come out as such when the Mueller investigation is over.

Depending on what evidence they have,

Every conspiracy theory Shifty Schiff has pushed the past two years have turned out to be empty allegations and he knows Mueller's report will find him out.

So now he has hired an entire team of investigators to dig into all things Trump because he knows that once the Mueller investigation is closed he will need another political hackery avenue to continue on leading up to 2020.
We all knew this is the route the House Dems would take. But they are going to end up proving Trump correct again in showing the country this truly is presidential harassment.

In the meantime, L. Graham is moving 45 more jurist nominations out of committee today including Barr and all should be confirmed by the end of this month. The beat goes on.

It would be nice if there was a crime before y'all started this investigation to find one. Since when is winning an election a crime? Well, when, before 2016, was it a crime?

You've got Russians posting tweets and facebook stuff. You've got Russians hacking into Podesta's stuff. The hacking is a crime the twitter stuff isn't. Neither of those have been remotely tied to Trump.

Right now Trump is being investigated, primarily, because word on the street is that Russia favored him to win the election over Hillary and that's what happened. Well, Oslo gave Obama a Nobel prize for reaching out to Muslims and promising less nukes. Why wasn't he investigated for being unduly influenced by Norwegians and promoting policies of interest to foreign actors? How do we know that Obama's campaign promises weren't carefully crafted to promote the interests of foreign actors at the expense of American interests and for his own gratification?

Do you realize how idiotic this sounds? You are ignoring everything that has happened, all of the lies, all of the indictments, all of the perjury, all of the secrecy for the past 3 years and then pretending it's the same as Obama getting the peace prize. These are not the same things. This is the intelligence committee. It's not a court of law. If someone said that we should indict the president without a particular crime being broken then I'd agree, you can not do that and that is not what our justice system is for. But saying we shouldn't investigate countless lies and perjury coming from our president and his campaign is absolutely ****ing ridiculous. It's fine if you don't want politicians held accountable for their words. But don't expect others to buy into that ****.

they do that all the time because they can't address actual arguments with facts.
you are dealing with leftists that do not care about facts or anything else.

those get in the way of their agenda and honest discussion is not part of their agenda.

Wow... Went right over your head too?

Except for 'loving the poorly educated' you Trumpsters really aren't doing yourselves any favors.

I thought Mueller was the left's hero who is gonna get "this criminal" out of the WH. And now you're hoping pencil-neck Schiff will do it?!?

:lamo

I expect all patriots in this effort to make a contribution.

what is schiff going to do that mueller didn't?

1)Although Mueller's mandate is broad, it's broad only within the range of its mandate. House committees have unlimited latitude to investigate as they please, so they can explore the kinds of avenues that Mueller might be too constrained from investigating.

For example, Mueller can only follow avenues arising from evidence in the course of his investigation. So if in the course of investigating the Trump campaign he finds another crime, he can choose to follow that. However, if he reads the newspaper and sees that Trump stole a car and robbed a bank, that's actually not within his purview because that revelation did not follow from the course of his own investigation.

The House is not constrained in any such way.

2)The DOJ is not obliged to make its findings public, whereas congress can make their findings public.

tl;dr version: different jurisdictions are different, resulting in different investigations.

Last edited:
Every conspiracy theory Shifty Schiff has pushed the past two years have turned out to be empty allegations and he knows Mueller's report will find him out.

So now he has hired an entire team of investigators to dig into all things Trump because he knows that once the Mueller investigation is closed he will need another political hackery avenue to continue on leading up to 2020.
We all knew this is the route the House Dems would take. But they are going to end up proving Trump correct again in showing the country this truly is presidential harassment.

In the meantime, L. Graham is moving 45 more jurist nominations out of committee today including Barr and all should be confirmed by the end of this month. The beat goes on.

Yawn. Every organization that Trump has run in recent years is under investigation. There are, of course, good reasons for this. None of them involve political hacker, all of them involve serious criminality.

That you're so frightened of that fact just makes it all the better.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...tions-trump-explained/?utm_term=.49dcafe7bf23

There has been an interesting dynamic in all this. With Clinton there were people who got killed and her lie about a YouTube video that prompted things.

Republicans had evidence that HRC killed those U.S. service men and the U.S. diplomat? That's absurd.
A youtube video was a crime? Tell me all about that Lutherf.

what is schiff going to do that mueller didn't?
also why is schiff balatantly ignoring fusion GPS, hillary clinton and steele that we know for a fact conspired with russian intelligence to try
and sway the election?

can we say corruption?

what is schiff going to do when the mueller report comes back with nothing?

Well, obviously, if Mueller comes back with something different than Schiff does then there will need to be another investigation by another committee. It's what congress does.

I think I asked someone in another thread if they believed that Mueller wasn't doing his job properly and/or if he believed that Schiff had a ton of information that Mueller didn't and had been prohibited from giving it to Mueller by Republicans...or maybe Russians because, you know, that's all the same thing these days.

It would be nice if there was a crime before y'all started this investigation to find one. Since when is winning an election a crime? Well, when, before 2016, was it a crime?

You've got Russians posting tweets and facebook stuff. You've got Russians hacking into Podesta's stuff. The hacking is a crime the twitter stuff isn't. Neither of those have been remotely tied to Trump.

Right now Trump is being investigated, primarily, because word on the street is that Russia favored him to win the election over Hillary and that's what happened. Well, Oslo gave Obama a Nobel prize for reaching out to Muslims and promising less nukes. Why wasn't he investigated for being unduly influenced by Norwegians and promoting policies of interest to foreign actors? How do we know that Obama's campaign promises weren't carefully crafted to promote the interests of foreign actors at the expense of American interests and for his own gratification?
What are the reasonable grounds for an investigation?

Please provide sources to the grounds as well as the actual laws (not pretend laws) that might have been violated.

Mueller is getting conviction after conviction of Trump officials and the entirety of our intelligence services have stated that without a doubt Russia interfered in our election to help Trump win and that Trump and his campaign met with Russian officials and agents many times through his campaign. These are cold hard facts. That you're seriously trying to play it off like there's literally nothing there and it's just sour Democrats looking for a "gotcha" is pathetic and delusional.

I'm sorry you two hate our intelligence agencies and the entire justice department now that your boy is on the radar, but he is not exempt from our laws just because you feel like he should be.

Not me. I want the investigation expanded to include members from both parties and I specifically want the question answered of what Obama knew and when. What involvement did he have when it was administration investigating everything.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

But... But... Obama!!

Mueller is getting conviction after conviction of Trump officials and the entirety of our intelligence services have stated that without a doubt Russia interfered in our election to help Trump win and that Trump and his campaign met with Russian officials and agents many times through his campaign. These are cold hard facts. That you're seriously trying to play it off like there's literally nothing there and it's just sour Democrats looking for a "gotcha" is pathetic and delusional.

I'm sorry you two hate our intelligence agencies and the entire justice department now that your boy is on the radar, but he is not exempt from our laws just because you feel like he should be.

But... But... Obama!!

Here's another hard cold fact: that isn't a crime, nor is Mueller convicted a single person for having anything to do with hacking, or colluding.

Here's another hard cold fact: that isn't a crime, nor is Mueller convicted a single person for having anything to do with hacking, or colluding.

I'm glad the investigation has dragged you from "nothing at all happened, he's a choir boy!" to "colluding with Russian agents to influence an election isn't a crime!" All the more reason to let the investigation run its course.

Well, obviously, if Mueller comes back with something different than Schiff does then there will need to be another investigation by another committee. It's what congress does.

I think I asked someone in another thread if they believed that Mueller wasn't doing his job properly and/or if he believed that Schiff had a ton of information that Mueller didn't and had been prohibited from giving it to Mueller by Republicans...or maybe Russians because, you know, that's all the same thing these days.

I trust Mueller. What I can't be sure of is whether Whittaker and especially Barr has suppressed or will suppress aspects of his investigation. Since Trump has inserted two successive lackeys, I can no longer trust that process completely. That's why I'm happy to have Democrats lead a House investigation of their own.

But... But... Obama!!
What's the matter, afraid to have your messiah put under the microscope?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

There has been an interesting dynamic in all this. With Clinton there were people who got killed and her lie about a YouTube video that prompted things. After that there was obstruction, stonewalling, destruction of evidence and lies. All those things contributed to the reasons for the investigation taking as long as it did. In the Trump case there has been enough disclosure that people have been prosecuted for making “false statements” but none of those statements were with regard to collusion with Russia. The effect and purpose of those statements hasn’t even been investigated because the convictions have all been via plea agreement. Yet, in Democrat World, the Trump investigation is somehow or other comparable to the Clinton one.

blah, blah, blah

Again, you reap what you sow. Do not expect any tears from the other side. The right has that covered.

Guilty until proven innocent? Where are the convictions showing Trump is guilty? Please provide those sources.

Trump isn't guilty yet, but you can't seriously argue he should be immune for even being investigated for crimes because there isn't already a conviction.

Is that how you want our legal system to work? We can't investigate a criminal until he's convicted and we can't convict until we've investigated? Why do you hate law enforcement and our judicial system so much?

I thoroughly enjoy watching how squirrelly you Trump cultists are getting over this investigation. You're begging for it to be shut down because you know letting it run its course would be disastrous. Cry harder.

Thats stupid, which helps explain why it got so many liberal likes. Notice the bolded sentence. Is that how you think the American justice system works? Trump is not a criminal, nor is he credibly accused of a crime. This is an investigation is search of a crime. Thats not justice.

Wow... Went right over your head too?

Except for 'loving the poorly educated' you Trumpsters really aren't doing yourselves any favors.

again proving my point.

1)Although Mueller's mandate is broad, it's broad only within the range of its mandate. House committees have unlimited latitude to investigate as they please, so they can explore the kinds of avenues that Mueller might be too constrained from investigating.

IE fishing expeditions. last time i checked we had a probable clause into this sort of thing. IE the police can't go fishing around until they find you committed a crime.
however guess what? congress is under that same standard and so is schiff. he simply can't go fishing around unless he has probable cause. since there is 0 evidence so far
of any wrong doing he is technically violating the constitution.

For example, Mueller can only follow avenues arising from evidence in the course of his investigation. So if in the course of investigating the Trump campaign he finds another crime, he can choose to follow that. However, if he reads the newspaper and sees that Trump stole a car and robbed a bank, that's actually not within his purview because that revelation did not follow from the course of his own investigation.

yea and schiff must meet the same criteria as probable cause. so far he has none. more so if mueller hasn't found anything yet either.

2)The DOJ is not obliged to make its findings public, whereas congress can make their findings public.
tl;dr version: different jurisdictions are different, resulting in different investigations.

All of which could be considered unconstitutional. as if schiff and that band of morons are going to be anything but bias and impartial even though
they have had the information for months that Trump has done nothing wrong.

!

None of mueller's convictions have anything to do with the campaign or russia lmao.

IE fishing expeditions. last time i checked we had a probable clause into this sort of thing. IE the police can't go fishing around until they find you committed a crime.
however guess what? congress is under that same standard and so is schiff. he simply can't go fishing around unless he has probable cause. since there is 0 evidence so far
of any wrong doing he is technically violating the constitution.

yea and schiff must meet the same criteria as probable cause. so far he has none. more so if mueller hasn't found anything yet either.

All of which could be considered unconstitutional. as if schiff and that band of morons are going to be anything but bias and impartial even though
they have had the information for months that Trump has done nothing wrong.

You asked a question that touched on procedure and jurisdiction and I answered it. If you want to carry on foolishly in response that's on you.

Last edited:
https://intelligence.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=447

These are the 5 lines of inquiry the HPSCI will be looking into -

That's a lot of scope! Basically, Schiff has decided that it's completely justified to investigate anything and everything related to Trump and to do so for any reason.

I'd like to remind people that this "need" to expand the scope of investigation beyond and in parallel to the Mueller investigation comes two years after the most intense investigation of a sitting president was started and two years after than investigation has reported NOTHING related to findings that Trump, his campaign or the Trump organization collaborated with Russia to influence the 2016 election.

Schiff's "need" to investigate begins and ends with the unsubstantiated, unrealistic, and unreasonable assumption that Trump is somehow or other under the influence of Russia. It's nothing more than an attack on the executive branch by the petulant party running half the legislative branch.

I hope Schiff pushes through with this. I hope he pulls and exposes tax returns, personal financial information, information from business associates and campaign staff. I hope he hands out subpoenas like Rockefeller handed out dimes.

I hope that America gets to see first hand what "guilty until proved innocent!!!" means and I hope they get to see which political party promotes and practices that principle.

Guess they have zero confidence in Mueller.

I'm glad the investigation has dragged you from "nothing at all happened, he's a choir boy!" to "colluding with Russian agents to influence an election isn't a crime!" All the more reason to let the investigation run its course.

so where is the investigation into hillary, GPS fusion, and Steele.
we know for a fact that they colluded with russian intelligence offers to sway the election against trump.

there is no evidence the trump colluded with russia and so far no one has been charged with either election tampering or collusion lmao.

Back
Top Bottom