• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia warns United States: we have the might to put you in your place

I don't agree with Putin's invasion, but it's really important to see what's been going on for years in Ukraine, and why it has the Russians upset:

All was not well in Ukraine's rose garden, even before the 'serpent Putin' showed up.

You can switch on Closed Captions by hitting the CC button, to get english translation.

Well I think China was sitting around seeing how this goes for their own desires, and seeing the united, international response to his push into Ukraine are now backing off support for Putin.
Evidence that China is backing off, not in words but in actions? As far as I can tell, their trade with Russia and new trade deals have increased, not decreased, since the invasion began. China is basically saying and doing everything - trading with Russia, trading with the West, supporting Russia and Ukraine both in words, and regularly badmouthing NATO and the United States.

And, thus far, I'm not aware of a single deal with China that's been cancelled or even threatened as a result of their ongoing and seemingly healthy relationship with Russia. For certain, thus far neither the EU nor the US have shown the courage to tell China to cut off trade with Russia "or else."

I don't see it.

What I believe they may do, is access assets & commodities on the cheap, and put Putin into economic hock.

They'll likely try to strengthen the geo-political alliance, as a foil to American power.
Well they have a large Border with China and China could put a couple of million troops on the line ( and still have millions standing by ) and Russia would have a hard time stopping them if they really wanted to do it.
I don't put anything past either one of them
Have a nice day

They should stay in place until Russia returns the country and rebuilds all the shit they blew up. Which means the sanctions should never end, Because they won't rebuild.
Where the hell have you been?

Evidence that China is backing off, not in words but in actions? As far as I can tell, their trade with Russia and new trade deals have increased, not decreased, since the invasion began. China is basically saying and doing everything - trading with Russia, trading with the West, supporting Russia and Ukraine both in words, and regularly badmouthing NATO and the United States.

And, thus far, I'm not aware of a single deal with China that's been cancelled or even threatened as a result of their ongoing and seemingly healthy relationship with Russia.

They're not overtly coming out against Russia, but they are withholding some actions that would help Russia. I don't think they're fully behind Putin here. Putin got in WAY over his head and it's not going well for him.

I'm not minimizing at all what he's already done, damn him to hell, but only a madman like Putin could think he is going to be the victor.

He's done enough that he can likely walk away with Crimea, the separatists region, and parts of the Black Sea coastline, if he went to the table. Maybe. That depends on Zelensky.

I can't read Putin's mind, but I suspect he very much wants the Black Sea coastline contiguous from Russia to Odessa, and he's most of the way there.

But now he's in a jam. He's put an empowered Zelensky & a unified NATO at his door. Putin's a dictator, used to thinking 'mano a mano, and now he fears a retributory Zelensky. In Putin's mind, I'm not sure how he can rationalize in stopping short of removing Zelensky from power.

Well they have a large Border with China and China could put a couple of million troops on the line ( and still have millions standing by ) and Russia would have a hard time stopping them if they really wanted to do it.
I don't put anything past either one of them
Have a nice day

That's obvious.

But, what would be the rationale?

He's done enough that he can likely walk away with Crimea, the separatists region, and parts of the Black Sea coastline, if he went to the table. Maybe. That depends on Zelensky.

I can't read Putin's mind, but I suspect he very much wants the Black Sea coastline contiguous from Russia to Odessa, and he's most of the way there.

But now he's in a jam. He's put an empowered Zelensky & a unified NATO at his door. Putin's a dictator, used to thinking 'mano a mano, and now he fears a retributory Zelensky. In Putin's mind, I'm not sure how he can rationalize in stopping short of removing Zelensky from power.
Oh dear.

But this is why I have not completely ruled out nuclear war. I can imagine mushroom clouds over Kansas City, St Louis, Fort Leonard Wood, and especially Whitman AFB since it is the home of the B-2, if Putin gets frustrated enough. Suppose that someone does try to take him out. Would his last desperate act be to “push the button” on nuclear war? While not literally a button, would he be able to give the command to a military aide to send the message that unleashes the nukes? All I’m saying is that the Doomsday Clock is as close to 12:00 than it has been in many decades. As they say, the dead will be the lucky ones in a nuclear war.

He knows why. The Republicans.

It’s why Putin hasn’t sanctioned any of those Quislings.
I think you missed Nomad's point. Putin will find out that the reason we don't have universal healthcare is due to the fact that we spend so much money on defense, including our nuclear arsenal.

This guy (Putin) is really causing a mess, isn't he?
Yes he is. How cognizant he is of it is something of an uncertainty. Which is a scary thought, As he seems isolated, like in some bubble of an alternate version of reality of his own making where no one can, or dares to tell him anything he doesn't want to hear. Which ironically enough for some reason seems somewhat familiar. 😉 I mean look at these ridiculously long conference tables he uses to keep even 'close' advisers distant. It seems weird in a freakish sort of way.

Putins long table.jpg
Putins long table 2.jpg

I think you missed Nomad's point. Putin will find out that the reason we don't have universal healthcare is due to the fact that we spend so much money on defense, including our nuclear arsenal.

We could have universal healthcare regardless of our defense spending. We’re more than rich enough.

The reason we don’t have universal healthcare is because of the Republicans, the party Putin is banking on undermining our support of Ukraine and then legally recognizing his illegal land grabs once they have power again.

Yes he is. How cognizant he is of it is something of an uncertainty. Which is a scary thought, As he seems isolated, like in some bubble of an alternate version of reality of his own making where no one can, or dares to tell him anything he doesn't want to hear. Which ironically enough for some reason seems somewhat familiar. 😉 I mean look at these ridiculously long conference tables he uses to keep even 'close' advisers distant. It seems weird in a freakish sort of way.

View attachment 67380625
View attachment 67380626

I believe that may be caused by Covid phobia:

Crazy Putin gets bolder by the day. Clearly, Vlad, the war criminal, feels omniscient issuing vapid threats to USA....a sure sign of a "mighty" narcissist grasping for control.

Putzin threatening the US? That's so cute.

That's obvious.

But, what would be the rationale?
Don't put anything past them.
where is Russia's oil fields?
and where is most of their military right now? Their military is mostly in the west
and the oil is in the east part of their country and China can be playing nice nice and then turn around and over run them and just take it ,
then they wouldn't have to be nice to anybody and do what they want
as I said I don't trust either one of them
Have a nice day

Wow! Didn't take very long for the forum's official Putin apologist to show up.

Phobia goes right along with his paranoia and isolation. I believe he is mentally deranged. He's a hot mess who should be nowhere near nukes.

Now's the time to strike while the U.S. is leaderless. The sock puppet in the oval office is being push and pulled by a dysfunctional Congress and a desperate third term Ubama administration trying to restore a "legacy" it never had.

I tried to read your post but stopped at the first sentence because it was so ridiculous.

Who do you think has been uniting the world to help Ukraine?

Biden has been working for months to unite and rally the world around Ukraine against russia.

Guess what? With a few exceptions, it worked.

Biden did what no leader has been able to do in over 150 years, he convinced Switzerland to not remain neutral. For the first time since Napoleon, Switzerland has not remained neutral and has joined the rest of the world against russia. Even FDR, Churchill and Stalin couldn't get Switzerland to not stay neutral in WW II.

Biden has gotten Sweden and Findland to join us. They have been neural nations in the past.

Biden is going to talk with Xi tomorrow about the war in Ukraine. So far china has not given russia the help russia has been begging for. We will see if Biden can be as successful with China as he has been with the rest of the world.

The US WAS leaderless for 4 years but we now have a leader who is leading the world fight against what russia is doing.

The last president gave putin Syria. We had American flags flying at bases in Syria. That is until trump. Now because of trump, russian flags fly at those Syrian bases. trump took putin's side against all of our intelligence agencies and he did it in front of the world at Helsinki. trump spent four years doing Putin's work to break up NATO. He failed but did manage to do some damage but not enough that Biden couldn't repair it and he did.

trump handed Afghanistan over to the taliban. He released many of their top officials from prisons along with 5 thousand taliban fighters. Then he invited leaders of the taliban to the White House. He signed an agreement with the taliban so they could take over Afghanistan.

trump is such a coward he ran to a "safe room" when he thought that protesters were going to enter the capital, they didn't though. trump is afraid of his own fellow Americans so much he went and hid like the coward he is.

trump couldn't even lead his people on a march to the capital on Jan 6th even though he said he would. He went back to the White House to watch the violence unfold on TV.

trump may be a lot of things but leader certainly isn't one of them.

While that may explain the use when meeting with foreign leaders it doesn't explain why he does so in meetings with his own cabinet or government officials. Assassination phobia perhaps? A power play to make his western counterparts and political rivals uncomfortable? A germaphobe like Trump? All of the above?

We could have universal healthcare regardless of our defense spending. We’re more than rich enough.

The reason we don’t have universal healthcare is because of the Republicans, the party Putin is banking on undermining our support of Ukraine and then legally recognizing his illegal land grabs once they have power again.

That is simply not true, Questerr. The reason we do not have it is because of lobbying by the health insurance industry. That's it.

Governor Gavin Newsom is not a Republican. The California state legislature is controlled by a veto-proof majority of Democrats, not Republicans. And they killed the California healthcare bill.

The Republicans are a convenient scapegoat that the Democratic Party loves to point to as having hamstrung all their efforts. But when they have absolute untrammeled power with no scapegoats in sight, they quail, hem, haw and kill Universal Healthcare with no less alacrity.

He doesn't even have the might to put Ukraine "in its place."

It must be nice living in a fantasy world without massive nuclear arsenals.

I tried to read your post but stopped at the first sentence because it was so ridiculous.

Who do you think has been uniting the world to help Ukraine?

Biden has been working for months to unite and rally the world around Ukraine against russia.

Guess what? With a few exceptions, it worked.

Biden did what no leader has been able to do in over 150 years, he convinced Switzerland to not remain neutral. For the first time since Napoleon, Switzerland has not remained neutral and has joined the rest of the world against russia. Even FDR, Churchill and Stalin couldn't get Switzerland to not stay neutral in WW II.

Biden has gotten Sweden and Findland to join us. They have been neural nations in the past.

Biden is going to talk with Xi tomorrow about the war in Ukraine. So far china has not given russia the help russia has been begging for. We will see if Biden can be as successful with China as he has been with the rest of the world.

The US WAS leaderless for 4 years but we now have a leader who is leading the world fight against what russia is doing.

The last president gave putin Syria. We had American flags flying at bases in Syria. That is until trump. Now because of trump, russian flags fly at those Syrian bases. trump took putin's side against all of our intelligence agencies and he did it in front of the world at Helsinki. trump spent four years doing Putin's work to break up NATO. He failed but did manage to do some damage but not enough that Biden couldn't repair it and he did.

trump handed Afghanistan over to the taliban. He released many of their top officials from prisons along with 5 thousand taliban fighters. Then he invited leaders of the taliban to the White House. He signed an agreement with the taliban so they could take over Afghanistan.

trump is such a coward he ran to a "safe room" when he thought that protesters were going to enter the capital, they didn't though. trump is afraid of his own fellow Americans so much he went and hid like the coward he is.

trump couldn't even lead his people on a march to the capital on Jan 6th even though he said he would. He went back to the White House to watch the violence unfold on TV.

trump may be a lot of things but leader certainly isn't one of them.

So many other Trump threads the above could be posted to, and primarily, because this thread is one designed to unite us rather than to divide us. Let's for once put our political beliefs and partisanship aside and stand together against Putin, the tyrant that has threatened our country. .....Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom