• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia warns United States: we have the might to put you in your place

I think he knows he's losing this one and is showing signs of desperation. He's even going after his own people. I must admit that this is a good incentive for someone to take him out.

If you look at the O/P article, you'll see it wasn't Putin who made the actual threats. I assumed at first Dmitry Medvedev was speaking for Putin by proxy...but just maybe he is setting the stage for Putin's eventual demise by a probable assassination by those close to Putin. And then who will they blame for it? The US. Seems a bit far-fetched, but think about it.

Why would we need NATO to just wave a white flag and save humanity?
If they did it would only serve as an excuse to get out of it. They need us more then we need them.

We have to find a way for him to declare victory . Short if this, nukes will fly.
Even if he is able to declare victory, that won't stop the sanctions.

It’s never a good sign to sic your citizens on the “traitors.”

Oh yeah . well do you have one of these Vlad ?
Back at cha cowboy!
1647536663283.png
1647536712728.png

I fear this might be the occasion where he thinks he has nothing to lose and could go all in. He pretty much has wrecked the reputation of his own country. Who would replace him? And how easily would they be able to implement recovery policies?
One thing is for sure, with even a whiff of a desire to mend fences with NATO and Ukraine, the West would go all in in supporting his replacement. The person who replaces Putin has a unique opportunity to go down in history as the savior of the world if they play their cards right.

If you look at the O/P article, you'll see it wasn't Putin who made the actual threats. I assumed at first Dmitry Medvedev was speaking for Putin by proxy...but just maybe he is setting the stage for Putin's eventual demise by a probable assassination by those close to Putin. And then who will they blame for it? The US. Seems a bit far-fetched, but think about it.
That's interesting. I assumed it was coming from Putin just because he's got a tight grip on anything said by his fellow countrymen.

Now's the time to strike while the U.S. is leaderless. The sock puppet in the oval office is being push and pulled by a dysfunctional Congress and a desperate third term Ubama administration trying to restore a "legacy" it never had.

I fear this might be the occasion where he thinks he has nothing to lose and could go all in. He pretty much has wrecked the reputation of his own country. Who would replace him? And how easily would they be able to implement recovery policies?
We have people on alert 24/7/365 for such an occurrence. Just because Biden is asleep, doesn't mean we're all asleep.

Look at my posts from before the invasion, when idiots were debating if Russia would attack or was it a bluff.

I said then, this was Ww3 and nukes were likely to be used.

Sadly it seems more and more certain.

There will not be a WW3 under Putin's watch. He's already done. Stick a fork in him.

It can all be negotiated.
Putin will get a pledge of no NATO and keep the Eastern territories and declare victory or nukes will fly. You can take that to the bank.

Now's the time to strike while the U.S. is leaderless. The sock puppet in the oval office is being push and pulled by a dysfunctional Congress and a desperate third term Ubama administration trying to restore a "legacy" it never had.

We don't need to strike. Russia is not winning...

We have people on alert 24/7/365 for such an occurrence. Just because Biden is asleep, doesn't mean we're all asleep.
Yea, but Biden didn't screw Afghanistan up all by himself.

It can all be negotiated.
Putin will get a pledge of no NATO and keep the Eastern territories and declare victory or nukes will fly. You can take that to the bank.
If that were true, then NATO would be foolish not to strike first.

That's interesting. I assumed it was coming from Putin just because he's got a tight grip on anything said by his fellow countrymen.
TBH, and I apologize, I had to read the article again to realize it wasn't Putin who made these comments, but you are probably more correct than me. Nothing goes out without Putin's stamp of approval.

Well, shit. Bring it, then.

If that were true, then NATO would be foolish not to strike first.

It is true.

It is obvious. That is why Joe has acted as he has . Tough as nails, no surprises, unified the free world.

The goal here is to find an off ramp for Putin that we can live with in the west.
It will not be easy but if we don't, goodbye NYC.

Ukraine is Putin's 'battle'. The power struggle between Western Democracy and Russian Dictatorship, is the 'war'.

Putin may or may not win his battle (I suspect he may lose), but through his current actions he has caused a possible existential threat to losing the 'war'.

Time will tell . . .

Back
Top Bottom