• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia warns United States: we have the might to put you in your place

Even if he is able to declare victory, that won't stop the sanctions.
Idk. I can see the sanctions being removed either way. It he manages to capture Ukraine what would be the point of continuing the sanctions? And if the Biden administration and the MSM gambit of blaming Putin for our inflation is convincing enough they can pivot and claim the easing of the sanctions will go towards easing our inflation. Americans care more about themselves than punishing Putin.

Ukraine is Putin's 'battle'. The power struggle between Western Democracy and Russian Dictatorship, is the 'war'.

Putin may or may not win his battle (I suspect he may lose), but through his current actions he has caused a possible existential threat to losing the 'war'.

Time will tell . . .

I'm not minimizing at all what he's already done, damn him to hell, but only a madman like Putin could think he is going to be the victor.

That's what I've been gleaning from some news sources today, in terms of China's rhetoric, but we can never trust China's words - not at all!
China is definitely watching this unfold with the intent of using it to their advantage. It's not as if they really care about what Putin is doing to the people of Ukraine.

That's what I've been gleaning from some news sources today, in terms of China's rhetoric, but we can never trust China's words - not at all!

Yeah, but they're always calculating and will do what's in China's best interests. Putin is an albatross.

Nothing was screwed up in Afghanistan 🇦🇫. Joe had the balls to do what Bush,Obie or Trump should have.
No withdrawal is done without casualties. This whole thing is mindless and ignorant.
Well, thanks for pointing that out.

Yeah, but they're always calculating and will do what's in China's best interests. Putin is an albatross.

We will see how China 🇨🇳 decides to play it.

I can't see supporting ww3 of value to China but I can't see them not wanting Ukraine in Russian hands as they are about to do the same thing.

It is true.

It is obvious. That is why Joe has acted as he has . Tough as nails, no surprises, unified the free world.

The goal here is to find an off ramp for Putin that we can live with in the west.
It will not be easy but if we don't, goodbye NYC.
I don't see an off ramp. Any country that borders Russia is foolish not to seek NATO membership at this point. Look at what is happening to Ukraine. Putin would have the world believe that Ukraine seeking NATO membership is what caused this war and that he is acting in defense of Russia, but the reality is: Ukraine's lack of NATO membership is what allowed Putin to start this war of Russian conquest, and any other non-NATO country that borders Russia can eventually look forward to the Ukraine treatment.

Yep; beat me to it.

He's appealing to China for arms (& cash), for krissakes.
And food for his troops in Ukraine as well.

Bear in mind also that Russia and Ukraine account for 30% of the world's grain supply. This war is certain to have a large negative impact on the size this year's crops. The impact of which is certain to be felt throughout Eurasia and could possibly lead to further instability in the region.

Maybe the Russian soldiers are gonna bum rush a San Diego marina and recapture a yacht.

"Russia warns United States: we have the might to put you in your place"​

Yeah but if Joe is told he cannot take any questions about it , then we won't get into any trouble either.

Sounds like a win. win to me.
Biden head down.png

It wouldn't surprise me if while Putin has a lot of his Military fighting in the Ukraine China goes in on their east and starts taking a good chunk of Russia for itself
.as it has been said on here I wouldn't put anything past China.
Russia has shown that it isn't as strong as everybody thought and China would love to get a hold of all that oil that is in their east and north east.
It might be something to watch out for
Have a nice day

Crazy Putin gets bolder by the day. Clearly, Vlad, the war criminal, feels omniscient issuing vapid threats to USA....a sure sign of a "mighty" narcissist grasping for control.

I guess this is right in line with him getting bolder and I believe Putin is deliberately trying to provoke us:

Amid mounting sanctions, Russian lawmaker demands America return Alaska to Russia

A lawmaker in Russia has demanded the United States return Alaska to Russia as a reparation for American-led sanctions crippling his country's economy following the invasion of Ukraine.

Parliament member Oleg Matveychev made those demands, along with saying he also wanted America to return Fort Ross in California, during an interview on Sunday, The Daily Beast reports. The publication says Matveychev is known as the "Kremlin's spin-doctor."

And food for his troops in Ukraine as well.

Bear in mind also that Russia and Ukraine account for 30% of the world's grain supply. This war is certain to have a large negative impact on the size this year's crops. The impact of which is certain to be felt throughout Eurasia and could possibly lead to further instability in the region.

This guy (Putin) is really causing a mess, isn't he?

Idk. I can see the sanctions being removed either way. It he manages to capture Ukraine what would be the point of continuing the sanctions? And if the Biden administration and the MSM gambit of blaming Putin for our inflation is convincing enough they can pivot and claim the easing of the sanctions will go towards easing our inflation. Americans care more about themselves than punishing Putin.
If Russia captures and incorporates Ukraine into its borders, then full sanctions should remain in place and be lifted when and only when Russia gives up Ukraine as a territory in its entirety, (including Crimea,) pledges never to cross the Ukrainian border again, and agrees to allow Ukraine membership in NATO. Any other path should leave the full force of sanctions in place.

Yes, the pinch to the American people and the world of not having Russian oil will hurt, but I'm not convinced that Russian oil can't eventually be replaced in the market.

It wouldn't surprise me if while Putin has a lot of his Military fighting in the Ukraine China goes in on their east and starts taking a good chunk of Russia for itself
.as it has been said on here I wouldn't put anything past China.
Russia has shown that it isn't as strong as everybody thought and China would love to get a hold of all that oil that is in their east and north east.
It might be something to watch out for
Have a nice day

I don't see it.

What I believe they may do, is access assets & commodities on the cheap, and put Putin into economic hock.

They'll likely try to strengthen the geo-political alliance, as a foil to American power.

I guess this is right in line with him getting bolder and I believe Putin is deliberately trying to provoke us:

Amid mounting sanctions, Russian lawmaker demands America return Alaska to Russia

A lawmaker in Russia has demanded the United States return Alaska to Russia as a reparation for American-led sanctions crippling his country's economy following the invasion of Ukraine.

Parliament member Oleg Matveychev made those demands, along with saying he also wanted America to return Fort Ross in California, during an interview on Sunday, The Daily Beast reports. The publication says Matveychev is known as the "Kremlin's spin-doctor."

Come try and take it, tough guys.

They've have lost their minds. Complete looney tunes.

`

If Russia captures and incorporates Ukraine into its borders, then full sanctions should remain in place and be lifted if and only when Russia gives up Ukraine as a territory in its entirety, (including Crimea,) pledges never to cross the Ukrainian border again, and agrees to allow Ukraine membership in NATO. Any other path should leave the full force of sanctions in place.

Yes, the pinch to the American people and the world of not having Russian oil will hurt, but I'm not convinced that Russian oil can't eventually be replaced in the market.
Your conditions seem reasonable to me, but unless Putin is removed I don’t think Russia will see them as such.

Medvedev seems to not be factoring in that most of the world is not siding with Russia on this one, so from a "might" perspective, this rings rather hollow. Made even worse by the slog the invasion of Ukraine has proven to be militarily.

If Russia captures and incorporates Ukraine into its borders, then full sanctions should remain in place and be lifted when and only when Russia gives up Ukraine as a territory in its entirety, (including Crimea,) pledges never to cross the Ukrainian border again, and agrees to allow Ukraine membership in NATO. Any other path should leave the full force of sanctions in place.

They should stay in place until Russia returns the country and rebuilds all the shit they blew up. Which means the sanctions should never end, Because they won't rebuild.

Back
Top Bottom