• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia makes moves to annex separatist regions in Ukraine

Ukraine was part of the U.S.S.R. until 30 years ago. Back then, whether one was in the Ukraine S.S.R. or the Russian S.S.R. didn't make that much of a difference, which explains why the Supreme Soviet could be so cavalier about transferring the Crimean region from the Russian S.S.R. to the Ukrainian one back in 1954.

Furthermore, the U.S. was a UK colony for well over a hundred years. I'm sure that many UK citizens thought that the U.S.'s bid for independence was crazy. I imagine you would disagree with them.
Gifting Crimea to Ukraine during the USSR era was also political. Galacian Lands that the USSR received during the war were incorporated into
Ukraine around the Liev area were getting under the nerves of Moscow winning in local elections so Crimea was gifted to Ukraine so elections would be more controlled by Moscow! Funny it's the same Galacians that were the prime movers in the 2014 Kiev maidan Coup.

P**** isn't forcing the US and NATO to do anything.

So to be clear, you believe the US and NATO should not support Ukraine and should allow Russia to conquer Ukraine, yes?

Don't appeal to some non-existent international justice system.

Peace talks and compromise is what is required.

Compromise rewards Russia for their aggression and is exactly what they hope for at this point. They don’t deserve to keep a square meter of the territory they’ve taken since February.

Gifting Crimea to Ukraine during the USSR era was also political. Galacian Lands that the USSR received during the war were incorporated into
Ukraine around the Liev area were getting under the nerves of Moscow winning in local elections so Crimea was gifted to Ukraine so elections would be more controlled by Moscow! Funny it's the same Galacians that were the prime movers in the 2014 Kiev maidan Coup.

By that standard, Crimea is even less Russian than it is Ukrainian.

So to be clear, you believe the US and NATO should not support Ukraine and should allow Russia to conquer Ukraine, yes?

Don't appeal to some non-existent international justice system.
Look, soon people are going to realize Putin will do anything not to lose this war. The sooner Biden's handlers realize this the better off the world will be.
Russia has more than 1/2 the nukes in the world, he's fighting a proxy war against the US & NATO allies weaponry. I live 30 miles from NYC where
Russia Nukes are aimed at and think it's stupid to corner Putin when his options are losing the war or nuking those who put him in that position!

It is a bit odd to see the crypto-fascists and pseudo-communists on the same page.

Look, soon people are going to realize Putin will do anything not to lose this war. The sooner Biden's handlers realize this the better off the world will be.
Russia has more than 1/2 the nukes in the world, he's fighting a proxy war against the US & NATO allies weaponry. I live 30 miles from NYC where
Russia Nukes are aimed at and think it's stupid to corner Putin when his options are losing the war or nuking those who put him in that position!

Do you think the people who would be transmitting those orders want to commit suicide so Putin’s pride is safe?

Why don't you tell us why war and militarism are good? Thanks for helping me to come up with a new thread. I invite you to find it.
Why don’t you tell us why you think Russian militarism is good?

Republic of Estonia suffered a Russian occupation-annexation with sham elections in 1940.
Eighty two years later they're still dealing with the aftermath.

I believe, that in the end, Ukraine will regain control of all of its territory, including Crimea.

My personal opinion is that Russia should be made to surrender its entire Black Sea fleet to Ukraine and be barred from having any capital ships in the Black Sea or Sea of Azov.

I believe, that in the end, Ukraine will regain control of all of its territory, including Crimea.

My personal opinion is that Russia should be made to surrender its entire Black Sea fleet to Ukraine and be barred from having any capital ships in the Black Sea or Sea of Azov.

A bridge too far. Even Russia has a right to self defense.

I do believe in war reparations.

A bridge too far. Even Russia has a right to self defense.

I do believe in war reparations.
Defense from whom? I think the demilitarization of the Black Sea and Sea of Azov is entirely doable. Do you know how small the Black Sea fleet is (well, it is smaller, now)? They can keep their shore-based defenses. It appears that they have moved the submarines (they had 6) from Crimea to Russia proper.

Last edited:
Defense from whom? I think the demilitarization of the Black Sea and Sea of Azov is entirely doable. Do you know how small the Black Sea fleet is? They can keep their shore-based defenses.

Defense in general. And the Black Seas fleet has the Moskova..... Oh wait. :ROFLMAO:

Today we will sign treaties on the accession of the Donetsk People’s Republic, Lugansk People’s Republic, Zaporozhye Region and Kherson Region to the Russian Federation. I have no doubt that the Federal Assembly will support the constitutional laws on the accession to Russia and the establishment of four new regions, our new constituent entities of the Russian Federation, because this is the will of millions of people.

It is undoubtedly their right, an inherent right sealed in Article 1 of the UN Charter, which directly states the principle of equal rights and self-determination of peoples.

It is an inherent right of the people. It is based on our historical affinity, and it is that right that led generations of our predecessors, those who built and defended Russia for centuries since the period of Ancient Rus, to victory.

Here in Novorossiya, [Pyotr] Rumyantsev, [Alexander] Suvorov and [Fyodor] Ushakov fought their battles, and Catherine the Great and [Grigory] Potyomkin founded new cities. Our grandfathers and great-grandfathers fought here to the bitter end during the Great Patriotic War.

Today we will sign treaties on the accession of the Donetsk People’s Republic, Lugansk People’s Republic, Zaporozhye Region and Kherson Region to the Russian Federation. I have no doubt that the Federal Assembly will support the constitutional laws on the accession to Russia and the establishment of four new regions, our new constituent entities of the Russian Federation, because this is the will of millions of people.

…..

Today, Ukraine forces humiliated Evil Putin. Yellow-bellied and demoralized Russian soldiers retreated again. Ukraine soldiers took back the city Lyman in the Donetsk region.

Viva Ukraine! Down goes Evil Putin! Bank on it!

It is undoubtedly their right, an inherent right sealed in Article 1 of the UN Charter, which directly states the principle of equal rights and self-determination of peoples.

It is an inherent right of the people. It is based on our historical affinity, and it is that right that led generations of our predecessors, those who built and defended Russia for centuries since the period of Ancient Rus, to victory.

Here in Novorossiya, [Pyotr] Rumyantsev, [Alexander] Suvorov and [Fyodor] Ushakov fought their battles, and Catherine the Great and [Grigory] Potyomkin founded new cities. Our grandfathers and great-grandfathers fought here to the bitter end during the Great Patriotic War.

Another illegal land grab.

Fd53xH8XwAY3FCY

The treaties on the accession of the Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics (DPR and LPR), as well as Kherson and Zaporozhye Regions, to Russia are in full accordance with the constitution, the country’s top court ruled on Sunday.

The Russian Constitutional Court separately examined the four treaties after they were signed by President Vladimir Putin on Friday.

The next step is for the documents to be ratified by both houses of parliament. The lower house, the State Duma, plans to vote on ratification on Monday.

Russia's Constitutional Court has no authority across borders.

“Any annexation of a state’s territory by another state resulting from a threat or use of force is a violation of the U.N. Charter and of international law.” — United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on 9/22/22.

The treaties on the accession of the Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics (DPR and LPR), as well as Kherson and Zaporozhye Regions, to Russia are in full accordance with the constitution, the country’s top court ruled on Sunday.

The Russian Constitutional Court separately examined the four treaties after they were signed by President Vladimir Putin on Friday.

The next step is for the documents to be ratified by both houses of parliament. The lower house, the State Duma, plans to vote on ratification on Monday.

Russians said the Russian theft of Ukraine territory is in full accordance with the Russian Constitution.

Imagine that.

A nation confirming they are a thief.

So, rump up for Russian Daddy?

Back
Top Bottom