• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Royal Baby Watch

William started out so handsome - now, unfortunately, he looks more and more like his father every day. Harry? He probably looks more and more like his father every day, too - if only we knew who that was. :lol:

I don't have a clue of what they're having, but I'd sure like to see a little girl.

I used to think Harry may have had a different father - but then I saw a picture of his grandfather when he was young. There's a very strong resemblance.

I used to think Harry may have had a different father - but then I saw a picture of his grandfather when he was young. There's a very strong resemblance.

Is there? Hm... thanks for that. Had no idea. But hey, thanks for ruining that scandalous idea! :lol:

Maybe they didn't want to know the gender? Not necessarily a conspiracy. I didn't know the sex of any of my babies.

But surely they have the option to? They make it seem like they have no choice.

I have NEVER understood why anyone gives two craps about the royal f'n family.

Can anyone explain the bizzaro-world fascination?

Is it just some weird story-book fantasy-world thing that's ingrained in the heads of females? The whole prince and princess thing with knights and jousting and castles and stuff?

What is it?

Why do people care so much about those who're born into such luxury and privilege?

Is there any explanation?

Makes about as much sense as people getting pissed off that some people like the Royal Family.

Is there? Hm... thanks for that. Had no idea. But hey, thanks for ruining that scandalous idea! :lol:

There's still a resemblance to the bounder and cad James Hewitt to cling to.

images

Is it just some weird story-book fantasy-world thing that's ingrained in the heads of females? The whole prince and princess thing with knights and jousting and castles and stuff?

What is it?

Why do people care so much about those who're born into such luxury and privilege?

I can only assume that they envy them and so like to fantasize that they are somehow part of their life. Im sure theres a whole pyschological theory on why humans worship other people.

edit - Celebrity worship syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this baby is like a libary book.

Its late and wil cost me money.

What is it?

Maybe its the fact we have had a royal family for a couple of thousand years and is very symbolic for our country both culturally and historically. Generally speaking our royals have fought in wars and defended the realm and continue to today.

Maybe its the fact we have had a royal family for a couple of thousand years and is very symbolic for our country both culturally and historically. Generally speaking our royals have fought in wars and defended the realm and continue to today.

Well, I think you guys over there should be into it somewhat. Considering that Alleged Throne and all. Now for our Media over here.....they should be more in tune with our people. Knowing most here don't give a damn whether some Nobility had a kid or not.

So keeping the News, people can't use.....down to a minimum. ;)

Well, I think you guys over there should be into it somewhat. Considering that Alleged Throne and all. Now for our Media over here.....they should be more in tune with our people. Knowing most here don't give a damn whether some Nobility had a kid or not.

So keeping the News, people can't use.....down to a minimum. ;)

yeh never understood why the American media goes so crazy about our royals especially considering your history, very ironic

yeh never understood why the American media goes so crazy about our royals especially considering your history, very ironic

I think it is more of a girls thing here in the US. Most all of em grow up hearing and thinking about being a Princess or the Queen. Then they grow up.

Meet Virginia. :lol:

this baby is like a libary book.

Its late and wil cost me money.

It's getting desperate out there. The BBC24 News anchor is down to interviewing the nutters who have been camping on the pavement since Saturday. "Why are you here?" ...."Burble burble baby"

It's getting desperate out there. The BBC24 News anchor is down to interviewing the nutters who have been camping on the pavement since Saturday. "Why are you here?" ...."Burble burble baby"

Its all very strange indeed! I got the hype around the wedding and we got 3 days off for that so that was decent but this is a little extreme.

Princess Diana restored the glamor. My mom says before she came along everybody just mocked the royals about how ugly they were or the Queen picking her nose in pubic and stuff. The Duchess of York got some street cred being kind of Team Diana during the divorce. Beyond Diana and her sons, America does not go so crazy. It isn't like we here much of anything about Charles and his siblings unless it is scandal.

I think you're right, Fisher. I've just followed the boys, and the whole story with Diana was heartbreaking - even before she died. Now the boys are older, and I have to say I'm very impressed that they are in the military. Now they are old enough to get married and have babies.

I don't have a princess fantasy. Didn't even want to be a princess when I was a little girl. I actually made fun of the girls who wanted to be princesses. I think it's just normal for people of my generation to "Royal watch." Not with envy, or anything, though. I just have a healthy interest in the kids. Well, an unhealthy interest in Harry, but we won't go there. ;)

I assume you guys want to talk about babys, so we probably shouldnt turn this into a political argument.

I assume you guys want to talk about babys, so we probably shouldnt turn this into a political argument.

nope....

Just responding to a question. :roll:

I think you're right, Fisher. I've just followed the boys, and the whole story with Diana was heartbreaking - even before she died. Now the boys are older, and I have to say I'm very impressed that they are in the military. Now they are old enough to get married and have babies.

I don't have a princess fantasy. Didn't even want to be a princess when I was a little girl. I actually made fun of the girls who wanted to be princesses. I think it's just normal for people of my generation to "Royal watch." Not with envy, or anything, though. I just have a healthy interest in the kids. Well, an unhealthy interest in Harry, but we won't go there. ;)

Hmmpf, my interest in PHG is red-blooded healthy, thank you very much. And aesthetic. Not pervy at all.

Chelsea Davy turned down a lifetime of working for "The Firm" in favor of completing her law degree. It's not the life I'd choose for myself either. Just one reason is never being alone. Then there are the courtiers and the "malice in the palace" intrigue.

The Duchess's baby will be the nation's too, so I feel sorry for her. I mean, you know that duty before all else will be how the heir will be reared.

yes but it is a small price to pay to be third in line to the throne. So is the baby now in front of Prince Harry? Is that how it works? Prince Charles, then Prince William, then William's offspring, then Harry, then Harry's offspring?

yes but it is a small price to pay to be third in line to the throne. So is the baby now in front of Prince Harry? Is that how it works? Prince Charles, then Prince William, then William's offspring, then Harry, then Harry's offspring?

yep! Unless of course Harry pulls off a power move game of thrones style

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom