• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rising diesel prices lead to layoffs in trucking industry

This has been brought up a couple times. Why do the energy companies deserve such certainty, especially when they are wildly profitable?

Why are they apparently purchasing and sitting on huge numbers of low quality leases?

The price (value?) of a non-producing mineral lease can be peanuts. The bulk of any revenue from a mineral lease is based royalties, but those only happen if (or when) the lease actually produces something.

Hmm,
Not cancel pipelines
The keystone XL pipeline was years away from completion, and was going to transport tar sand oil from canada to the gulf coast to be exported to china, and is not refined into gasoline. So this is irrelevant.
Not end leases
He's issued more leased than trump. This is also irrelevant.
Cut red tape on exploration and drilling and "commit to lower energy costs"
What red tape and regulations are preventing oil companies from producing more?
Cut regulation and red tape to allow new refineries to be built
What regulation and red tape is preventing refineries from being built?
GTFO of the idiotic Paris Accords
What do the paris accords have to do with oil production?
Invest in American Energy Independence.
America can never be energy independent. We simply do not have enough of the types of oil we need in the US.
You can do all of the above, and still pursue alternative energy options, but this admin went full on into alternative energy and we're seeing the very negative impacts that's having.
None of this is true.
Energy is the driver of the economy and when energy is costly/scarce/unreliable... the economy suffers.
True. So why are you blaming biden for private oil company decisions which he has no control over?

Plus you have Democrats openly saying and in some cases passing laws purporting to ban gasoline fired cars in 2035. Why go through 5-10 years of regulatory when governments are saying they want to ban your customers 12 years from now?
How many things do the democrats claim that actually come true?

There are mountains of evidence of election fraud in the 2020 election.

You are wrong about the investigations. Sure, some that were conducted by those trying to cover up the fraud show there was no election fraud. Not a surprise. But other investigation show that there certainly was election fraud.

But hey...keep denying the truth. I'm sure you'll get some useful idiots to believe you. Since I'm not a useful idiot, I won't be one of them.

Enjoy your alternate reality while the Biden pukes continue to destroy our economy.

Back to the topic:

Good ol Rafael from Canada.

Once upon a time, legislators would gather together and try to identify ways to solve the issues. even if their solutions did not pass, at least they could say that they tried.

Now-a-days legislators like to bring large charts for optics, bitch about how terrible things are, then sit down. Nothing ever gets done.

Did he make his chart then run off to Cancun?

Because the pipelines that were shuttered/stopped, oil has to move from Point A to Point B to get refined. Either Trucked or Train and trains are the most efficient method for land based after pipelines.
there was no existing pipeline that was stopped. The XL pipeline was years away from completion, and would not have transported oil that is refined into gas.

Really?

I'm not aware of that. What did he do, allow one more for every thousand he revoked?

Do you have numbers for that? I never heard your claim before.
a simple search
you may have to go back a few to get the 2021 numbers
Have a nice day

Thanks for admitting that increasing leases would not have the affect on oil prices that the RW thinks they would.
And 5 years from now when gas is 20 dollars a gallon you’ll be sitting here declaring that increased supply won’t lower prices now[

I get that leftism is a philosophy based on childish demands for impossible things today, but sometimes for the good of society one has to think longer term

That’s what the Russians call it and it’s an accurate enough title. It’s not like they name their incursions “operation <fill in country> freedom”

"Unprovoked invasion" is entirely more accurate. Why would you go with the Russian's title? Actually, never mind.

So that, I guess, means that oil companies can drill on their gazillion leases.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yep, but there is usually a good reason not to do so.

Non-Producing/Non-Leased Properties: If your property is NOT leased and NOT producing, the value is likely between $0 and a very small amount per acre. Ex. $100/acre. If your mineral rights in Texas have not been leased for years, there is a good chance they are worth $0. If they have been leased in the last 10 to 15 years, you may find someone who wants to buy mineral rights for speculation. In this case, you are not likely to see much of a value per acre.

Leased Properties (Not Producing) – If your property is currently leased but NOT producing, a good mineral rights value rule of thumb is 2x to 3x the lease bonus amount. For example, if you were leased for $1,000/acre, you could estimate the value at $2,000/acre to $3,000/acre when you sell mineral rights. Keep in mind that this is a very rough estimate. The real value could be significantly more or less than this. You won’t know until you sell mineral rights in Texas, how much a buyer will value them.

And 5 years from now when gas is 20 dollars a gallon you’ll be sitting here declaring that increased supply won’t lower prices now[

I get that leftism is a philosophy based on childish demands for impossible things today, but sometimes for the good of society one has to think longer term
A con talking about thinking loner term. Now I've seen everything......

How many things do the democrats claim that actually come true?
Well it really doesn’t matter whether or not it eventually comes true.

They won’t be able to ban gas cars in 2035 but they’ve already passed the laws in California and Washington. And more states with blue leadership are looking it at.

If you’re rational and crazy person is waving a gun around you have to take them seriously even if you think they won’t hurt you.

If you’re working in the oil industry you have people with real political power doing crazy things and you have to run The business somehow

There are mountains of evidence of election fraud in the 2020 election.
There is exactly zero evidence of election fraud in the 2020 election. Every single investigation has shown you that.
You are wrong about the investigations.
Am I? Surely you can cite one that showed massive election fraud then. Trump wasn't able to, nor did any of the dozens of investigations that were done show any.
Sure, some that were conducted by those trying to cover up the fraud show there was no election fraud.
Show that there was fraud, and then show they covered it up.
Not a surprise. But other investigation show that there certainly was election fraud.
no investigation done has shown any fraud. Not one.
But hey...keep denying the truth.
I'm pounding you over the head with the truth lol.
I'm sure you'll get some useful idiots to believe you. Since I'm not a useful idiot, I won't be one of them.
Correct, you are most definitely not useful.
Enjoy your alternate reality while the Biden pukes continue to destroy our economy.
How have they destroyed the economy? be specific.
Back to the topic:

lol twitter.

"Unprovoked invasion" is entirely more accurate. Why would you go with the Russian's title? Actually, never mind.
I reject the notion it was unprovoked. You might disagree with whether provocation was worth war, maybe Putin even disagrees now, but that’s not saying there was no provocation. Ukraine could’ve avoided the conflict

The keystone XL pipeline was years away from completion, and was going to transport tar sand oil from canada to the gulf coast to be exported to china, and is not refined into gasoline. So this is irrelevant.

He's issued more leased than trump. This is also irrelevant.

What red tape and regulations are preventing oil companies from producing more?

What regulation and red tape is preventing refineries from being built?

What do the paris accords have to do with oil production?

America can never be energy independent. We simply do not have enough of the types of oil we need in the US.

None of this is true.

True. So why are you blaming biden for private oil company decisions which he has no control over?
years and years old regulation on how oil companies have to shut down their wells and re-open them have to be looked at and changed
these old regulations make them cement wells shut when they shut them down so when Trump was in and the US oil industry could not compete with the Saudi's and Russia in their price war they shut down a LOT of their wells
and now they have to re-open them and they have to drill out that cement and bury it some place
it is time to change these regulations and bring them up to date
there should be a way to have shut off valves that are secure and won't leak that can be turned on and off in a matter of hours if not less
We need to look into doing something about these years old regulations
have a nice day

Last edited:
And the recession begins. Trucking companies laying off will have a huge ripple effect on the already broken supply chain and drag us down very quickly. Good work Biden. Your anti fossil fuels agenda is going as planned.

“A lot of these trucks you see now are not going to be here anymore.”

“Maurice Burnside, owner of Phaymis Trucking Company, said on NewsNation’s “Morning in America” that his fuel costs have nearly doubled from last year— going from $10,000 to $18,000.

“It’s a struggle,” he said. “The longer hauls are a bit more of a challenge. What we’ve been doing with my company, we’ve been taking shorter runs so we spend less money in diesel, but we also make less money.”

With high diesel prices expected to rise, Burnside expects the situation will continue to be detrimental to a lot of people.

“You can’t operate like that,” he said. “We can’t drive for free. We have families to take care of.”

None have been.

I have. There is no evidence of election fraud there either.
None were and in 2021 some were re-opened, some started to be re-built and some new ones started
but we don't hear a word about all of them from the right just "OPEN THE XL PIPELINE "
and that isn't going to happen and wouldn't have been opened for several years yet IF it was built
Have a nice day

a simple search
you may have to go back a few to get the 2021 numbers
Have a nice day
Very biased fact checker... But we already knew that from previous stuff they fact check.

They said nothing of how long it rakes to go from lease to drilling.

They said nothing of the thousand of leases the administration revoked.

Why are they not adding fuel surcharges?

That is very common in the trucking industry.
Okay, yes. But Some companies can't afford the higher prices, or they are being forced to raise THEIR prices for the cost to move goods... (that's that inflationary impact) Let's say it cost 1k 2 years ago to move, 1 ton of goods 100 miles. Today it costs 4k. You think the company moving the goods is just going to eat that cost?

Biden shouldn't have "paused" arming Ukraine as Putin massed troops along the Ukraine border. He should have been sending Stingers and Javelin missiles and artillery instead of diplomats and threats of sanctions. Good chance Putin never would have invaded if Biden hadn't been so weak. He even said he'd tolerate a "minor incursion" . Putin saw a green light to invade.
It was a no-brainer. A president who can't talk without a teleprompter. A president who has 6 Soros people in his cabinet. A president who hires people not for their qualifications, but whether or not they are gay, lesbian, trans, or "of color". A president who had no plan in Afghanistan until the terrorists there warned him that Trump promised to pull out and who hurried up to appease the terrorists resulting in 13 dead marines, an innocent family being droned, and Americans left behind.

Putin was watching and knew he had a cakewalk with this Biden/Soros presidency.

My understanding is there is already a law in place. This bill gives more power to the president, that isn't needed.

One step closer to a dictatorship. I suggest you read the bill.

Carter tried price controls on oil. It's the road to long gas lines and rationing.

More maga people and people pretending to be maga people rooting for national economic failure. Remember their joy when you vote.
I think the most interesting part of this is whether things would be radically different had the election gone the other way in 2020; especially when the former president was advocating for an even larger stimulus check for the American people. There was nothing in his rhetoric that indicated he was advocating for any different policies than the ones that have since been enacted.

Okay, yes. But Some companies can't afford the higher prices, or they are being forced to raise THEIR prices for the cost to move goods... (that's that inflationary impact) Let's say it cost 1k 2 years ago to move, 1 ton of goods 100 miles. Today it costs 4k. You think the company moving the goods is just going to eat that cost?

Freight costs were already an issue last fall when Truckers were being offered large money to work and could switch companies and get bonuses for doing so. I am in supply chain, and deal with invoices showing shipping costs regularly. Shipping companies have increased their prices drastically over the last 12 months.

Yes it is inflationary, but so were the wages truckers were able to get last fall and this winter

It was a no-brainer. A president who can't talk without a teleprompter. A president who has 6 Soros people in his cabinet. A president who hires people not for their qualifications, but whether or not they are gay, lesbian, trans, or "of color". A president who had no plan in Afghanistan until the terrorists there warned him that Trump promised to pull out and who hurried up to appease the terrorists resulting in 13 dead marines, an innocent family being droned, and Americans left behind.

I am sure Biden only hires the best people

Back
Top Bottom